seattle neo?

XxHennersXx

Why So Many X's?,
15 Year Member
i know it sounds kinda fruity. but is anyone around the area going to sakura-con (some kinda anime convention)? one of my coworkers is going and I will also be in the area. Hopefully it will have an arcade like anime expo.

I might be there. My GF is going.

vincewy

Loyal Neo-Disciple,
20 Year Member
While you live there, be sure to visit the classic game store Pink Gorilla

http://www.pinkgorillagames.com/pg_bam/seattle.php

Seattle is my fav city along the West Coast, if not the US, too bad I can't find the job I want there, maybe some day. The store is right behind the Chinatown gate (now called International Dist), inside the mall.

Dio Brando

Mickey's Coach
i know it sounds kinda fruity. but is anyone around the area going to sakura-con (some kinda anime convention)? one of my coworkers is going and I will also be in the area. Hopefully it will have an arcade like anime expo.

I dunno how big the one is at Anime Expo, but there have been a handful of machines at sakura-con. Last year, there were about seven or eight machines, though the number has fluctuated over the years. There's also a console room, if that's your thing. Of course, you can always go to GameWorks, which is less than a block away from the convention center.

I am going, and I might be bringing my CMVS too.

Last edited:

zorro

Galford's Poppy Trainer
I'll be there easter sunday because one I'm visiting the area and also my coworker who was part of ax and went with us to e3 is also gonna go as well. I don't know how many machines were in anime expo last year, but the year before i saw at least 20 of the newest games out at that point.

I'm really avid of arcade games and videogame artwork in general. Right now I'm working on a vertical scrolling shooter and I'm trying to find any kind of art books from a game of that type. I'm a fan of seeing sketched line drawings in art books.

but yeah I will be there on sunday for sure if anyone else is going to be there that day p.m. me

aria

Former Moderator
Wow, there's a blast from the past --hey zorro.

zorro

Galford's Poppy Trainer
hey bobak,

just been busy with school, work, and gaming. life as a 20-something year old isn't easy. you need to learn that you can't do too much work, because then you won't have enough time for school or gaming. and too much gaming can get you fired from work and make you drop out of school. luckily for me I seem to have an alright balance these days.

aria

Former Moderator
hey bobak,

just been busy with school, work, and gaming. life as a 20-something year old isn't easy. you need to learn that you can't do too much work, because then you won't have enough time for school or gaming. and too much gaming can get you fired from work and make you drop out of school. luckily for me I seem to have an alright balance these days.

Oh, absolutely --its just good to see you around, however briefly.

zorro

Galford's Poppy Trainer
Oh, absolutely --its just good to see you around, however briefly.

I think i'll be around for quite a while. I have learned alot of great games from these forums. And the arcade scene here is excellent. Everytime I look around the internet it always seems to lead me back here. A good example is recently I was looking for a laseractice system, and bought one, then I googled it an it led me to an amazing sale for one here that had just happened.

kasemase

New Challenger
Yeah Pink Gorilla is pretty cool. The owner almost bought my entire NES collection when he was opening his second store. I wouldn't budge on my price of $2,200 and he only brought $1,900 cash. In retrospect, I wish I sold my collection so I can use that money to buy 170 shock boxes and some MVS games to finish my collection.

HDRchampion

Before you sell me something, ask how well my baby
10 Year Member
New member here & live in Olympia. Looking for my first Neo Geo machine. I want it to be a candy cab though, guys know where i can purchase one?

zorro

Galford's Poppy Trainer
I have no idea as I don't live there, and just visited centralia. However I believe your best lead would be to look up pink gorilla (seattle based videogame store) because their newest location has more than a few from the pictures I have seen. Maybe you should call them up (their location in college town) and they might be able to point you in the right direction.

I live in california, own one and purchased it from an arcade (directly from the owner). I know they are easy to come by in california, and I believe shipping via freight may cost about 300 dollars.

my cab was just a modest pony cab, but it was only 200 or 250 with a new monitor, and everything but a game.

good luck on your search. Let me know how it goes

HDRchampion

10 Year Member
I have no idea as I don't live there, and just visited centralia. However I believe your best lead would be to look up pink gorilla (seattle based videogame store) because their newest location has more than a few from the pictures I have seen. Maybe you should call them up (their location in college town) and they might be able to point you in the right direction.

I live in california, own one and purchased it from an arcade (directly from the owner). I know they are easy to come by in california, and I believe shipping via freight may cost about 300 dollars.

my cab was just a modest pony cab, but it was only 200 or 250 with a new monitor, and everything but a game.

good luck on your search. Let me know how it goes

Yeah i talk with Pink Gorilla at Sakura-con dude said maybe in the future but not right now about selling their Astro cabs. i'll give them a call in a month hopefully they change their mind.

mesmer

Crossed Swords Squire
10 Year Member
Bump.
I'm moving to Seattle in Jan. Well, the east side / Bellevue area. I'll also be in for work the week of Dec 17th.

Will try to check out Shorty's and Pink Gorilla while I'm there that week, if those are still around. Last time I was there I had the best sushi I've ever had at Izumi in Kirkland.
Is Gameworks still interesting?

bdlou

Quiz Detective
Bump.
I'm moving to Seattle in Jan. Well, the east side / Bellevue area. I'll also be in for work the week of Dec 17th.

Will try to check out Shorty's and Pink Gorilla while I'm there that week, if those are still around. Last time I was there I had the best sushi I've ever had at Izumi in Kirkland.

Gameworks is exactly what you'd expect it to be. The real action is at Dorky's Arcade.

https://www.facebook.com/Dorkysarcade?fref=ts

It's in Tacoma, but it's a huge arcade and pinball place. Decent food, though they scaled that down drastically recently.

For retro gaming, you're gonna wanna hit Amazing Heroes in Kirkland. Fucking nerd heaven. Tons of retro games, tons of Star Wars, Transformers, GI Joe toys, etc.

mesmer

Crossed Swords Squire
10 Year Member
Cool, Probably won't make the trek to Tacoma until sometime after the move is all done. I'll have to check out Amazing Heroes, looks cool.

Fuzzytaco

Long Dong Silver.,
10 Year Member
Bump.

A good friend of mine used to work at Izumi, there's a reason its been there for over 20 years. However there is even better sushi to be had in a few places around the Seattle area. Welcome to the area, enjoy the rain.

Fritz

Annex Florida Coalition, Goodwill Ambassador,
15 Year Member
There is more to enjoy than just the rain.

Enjoy the low 50 degree May days while the rest of the country is in the high 50's, 60's and 70's.

Enjoy the constant overcast skies starting in late september and lasting well into may.

Seattle has 230 cloudy days a year, with only Anchorage and 3 other NW cities having more.

Annual%20Mean%20Number%20of%20Cloudy%20Days%20Sunrise%20to%20Sunset.png

Amazing Heroes is a fun store to browse. The prices are not amazing, but the selection on toys and games is solid.

Gameworks has a good number of newer racers and light gun games. Also a decent fighter section with a bunch of Net Citys and NNC's.

They are really lacking in the 90's arcade games, ie no Avp, Xmen, cave shmups, etc.

Actually, besides one of the raiden games I dont think they have any 90's shmups. Also, not many pins at all, but there are better places for that.

There are some other smaller places like Another Castle on Hwy 99 just north of Seattle, which has a decent little arcade with a game store attached, that are worth checking out.

Fuzzytaco

Long Dong Silver.,
10 Year Member
Anyone coming from a place where they are used to a hot dry month of June are in for a treat:D

mesmer

Crossed Swords Squire
10 Year Member
Another Castle looks cool.

We had a pretty hot summer last year. This year wasn't too bad.
AUSTIN MABRY MOST 100 DEGREE DAYS IN A YEAR 1898 TO 2011
1. 90 IN 2011
2. 69 IN 1925
3. 68 IN 2009
4. 66 IN 1923
5. 50 IN 2008

jeff bogard

Yamazaki's Wingman,
20 Year Member
shit guys, im in kitsap county (bremerton)... just moved in... ive been way out of shape in gaming.... trying to get into KOF XIII and SFIV...

joecommando

Amusaka's Lacky
10 Year Member
shit guys, im in kitsap county (bremerton)... just moved in... ive been way out of shape in gaming.... trying to get into KOF XIII and SFIV...

im in bellingham but i would come down to hang out and play some KOF 13 if we could get a group together ive got a 360 i can bring and a dual modded stick

joecommando

Amusaka's Lacky
10 Year Member
anyone interested in hosting a get together somewhere in the seattle/tacoma area? i would come down from bellingham to hang out. would love to meet some fellow fighting game enthusiasts.

HDRchampion

10 Year Member
anyone interested in hosting a get together somewhere in the seattle/tacoma area? i would come down from bellingham to hang out. would love to meet some fellow fighting game enthusiasts.

I have gatherings every other Friday, but i live in Olympia. I get about 6-15 people coming over to just play fighting games...Most of them just play SFIV, Marvel, & Tekken...Im more of the old school SF2 player. I like KOF & VF but these jokers dont play it. Do you go to any tournaments?

joecommando

Amusaka's Lacky
10 Year Member
I have gatherings every other Friday, but i live in Olympia. I get about 6-15 people coming over to just play fighting games...Most of them just play SFIV, Marvel, & Tekken...Im more of the old school SF2 player. I like KOF & VF but these jokers dont play it. Do you go to any tournaments?

No i dont play at tournaments but i can hold my own when it comes to fighters (especially KOF) not a big virtua fighter guy. I would love to come down but fridays are bad for me cause i work all day and with the 3hr commute it wouldnt be very practical for me to come down. If you ever did one on a weekend i would love to come down and hang out for the day I could bring my neo geo/xbox360 and i would play fighters all day lol.Let me know if you ever want to have something on the weekend and im there.

HDRchampion

10 Year Member
There has been rare times when i do weekends...I'll let you know if we do one though. I got a bunch of cabs, 1 for 360 & the other is for PS3 head2head. Also got a couple candy cabs & if there is more people i bring out an extra candy. Here is Mother Russia, reason its called that is because we have it in the garage with no heater. It gets really really cold haha...

motherrussia_zps943e37ad.jpg

MotherRussia2_zps6f36a440.jpg