Boss Strategy Guide for 1P Fighters...

TonK

Least Valuable Player
What boss do you have a hard time with?

What are some of your challenging 1P fighters?

What strategies do you use?

Last edited:

abasuto

Orgy Hosting Mod
15 Year Member
Magaki (KOFXI) tears my ass up.

I still haven't found a way to beat him aside from pure luck after tons of continues.

systmdfect

Baseball Star Hitter
Not even a boss really, but Billy Kane in FF2 is an ass hat. He is extremely cheap. If you jump, you get hit. If you try and act defensive, he stays back so you can't reach him but his cane is constantly hitting you. I've seen people beet him before by abusing the AI, but I just don't feel right doing that.

Oddly enough, I can beat him in FF Special no problem. Reworked AI possibly?

Danthor

NAM-75 Vet
Geese Howard in AOF2 has had me stuck for MONTHS. I still haven't beaten him.
Koryu in Last Blade 2 always gives me more of a run for my money than I like, too.

kernow

The Goob Hunter
20 Year Member
Musashi LB1 = jump in and hard slash

rugal 94 first round, AB dodge, C throw, AB dodge, C throw, repeat until dead
second round , charge up, wait till he does the same, then punish him.

not easy (for me) but doable

rugal 98 = AB roll through his large balls (ooer), and punish after, with yamazaki you can often just snake fist with hcb+a and he'll get hit every time.

Metal Slugnuts

Faggotier

I still haven't found a way to beat him aside from pure luck after tons of continues.

+1

I had repressed all my memories of that horrible fight...one of the few times in my life where I felt like throwing my controller. :annoyed:

Yue

Baseball Star Hitter
+1

I had repressed all my memories of that horrible fight...one of the few times in my life where I felt like throwing my controller. :annoyed:

I won once with out continues and at level 8, but the only reason that happend was because I had way too much caffeine and was psychotic. I almost died so it wasn't a complete victory, that dude is just so friggen cheap!

The worst ever is Igniz from KOF 2001, he does a move that takes almost all your health....Why would you do that!? Why!?

kernow

The Goob Hunter
20 Year Member
I won once with out continues and at level 8, but the only reason that happend was because I had way too much caffeine and was psychotic. I almost died so it wasn't a complete victory, that dude is just so friggen cheap!

The worst ever is Igniz from KOF 2001, he does a move that takes almost all your health....Why would you do that!? Why!?

http://www.youtube.com/view_play_list?p=83F54E231F470180&search_query=snk+boss+syndrome

Check out the igniz video (and others) in this youtube playlist.

:)

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
Johann ROTD. Worst boss ever made. You might as well buy the cart back when it came out since you would spend that much money trying to beat him.

Average Joe

Be water, my friend.
20 Year Member
Johann ROTD. Worst boss ever made. You might as well buy the cart back when it came out since you would spend that much money trying to beat him.

I had a good strategy for owning him.

Christ that was a while back...

It's archived here somewhere if anyone wants to look hard enough.

tsukaesugi

Holy shit, it's a ninja!,
I had a good strategy for owning him.

Christ that was a while back...

It's archived here somewhere if anyone wants to look hard enough.

Ugh... Johann.

Back when ROTD came out, Johann inspired quite a few threads in Gameplay... more than Princess Sissy, or Igniz, or any other of the really annoying bosses out there.

And he's not even a very interesting character design.

I've only beaten him ONCE myself, and that was by spamming supers with my power gauge set to infinite.

Not a Match!

Or a Struggle!

Chore!

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
Just a strategy I came up with that I feel is extremely cheap against Kain from MOTW using tizoc.

Walk backwards and make him follow you as he gets closer do the strong Poseidon Wave and he'll chase you with his dash flame and then bam! works everytime and is super easy to do.

As far as Billy Kane from FF1 goes all you have to do is throw him, he'll loose his stick, stay close all along 'cause he'll call for another stick, once he gets it bam another throw, over and over again, easy enough for me.

With Geese from FF1 all you got to do is zone him and make him chase to then proceed with a dash attack like the Burning knuckle, Heineken! or Slash Kick.

Justice from Guilty Gear is the coolest and hardest boss I've ever encounter in any fighting game. I have no particular strategy except for avoiding the hell out of the Gamma Ray and stay on my toes at all times, also Justice can't be cornered a lot of the attacks just whiff while he's in the corner so watchout for that. Well maybe he's not as hard as I make him ought to be, but he's so bad ass!

I used to have a hard time with GodRugal but if you're patient he's easily tricked into doing his flip kick and then bam! you gotta combo something thought 'cause you have little opportunity to do some real damage.

Igniz is also a bitch but you gotta stay mid distance and poke the shit out of him otherwise your done in 2 moves.

FF1 geese can also be grabbed over and over since the only way he can grab you is catching your attack.

Just go towards him and defends, if he kicks, throw him.

or just call a second player and both will fight him at the same time!

Last edited:

KagerouSama

Dr. Brown's Time Machine Mechanic
15 Year Member

I found a way.
You can't call it anything but blatant cheating, though.
Set difficulty to 1 and DM level to infinate.
Choose a character with a long-range LDM as leader.
Spam the LDM to KO.

It works. But, yeah, blatant cheating.

tsukaesugi

Holy shit, it's a ninja!,
KOF2001 Igniz was very susceptible to one of Maxima's specials (I forget which one - it's been ages). If you put Maxima on your team as the sole player, with the other three slots as Strikers, you could clean Igniz's clock in no time flat.

Yue

Baseball Star Hitter
So...some bosses can only be defeated either by being silly or cheap? Magaki I can beat without being cheap, but not Igniz...but Maxima eh? Sounds good too! Though I really like the way the vids that kernow posted make it look humiliating lol. I was thinking that it'd be cool if at least one character per team could actually deal with Igniz, it would make life a lot easier. And I wouldn't feel so bad...I got lots of endings just because I had Igniz health bar cut :confused:. It hurt my pride, it really did.

Finch

Hardened Shock Trooper
10 Year Member
I was glad to see there was no super cheap trick for Setsuna VS LB2 boss. Makes me feel better about not being that good against him, usually with Setsuna as hes my fav.

Took me forever to beat him with Lee in speed mode, I'm just not too good with Lee as I rarely use him and unless you know some really long combos lee just doesn't dish out the damage fast enough.

since I´ve been playing samsho2 recently.

jump in hard slash, jump straight hard slash.