SOLD: Toploading Neo Geo for Repair (bad video encoder board)

Metal Slugnuts

Faggotier
Rating - 100%
75   0   0
Up for grabs is a toploading formerly-PAL Neo Geo CD. I modded it to NTSC/US region, but the video encoder board seems to be bad. I get a black/white screen when using the AV ports on the back, but a solid color screen using a XNEO-1. All you'd need to do is find a working NTSC video board and swap it out...it'll only take a screwdriver and 5-10 minutes.

The unit is in great cosmetic shape and comes with the original European AC adapter w/plut converter and AV cables.. The adapter accepts 110-240V, so it'll work fine in a US/Japan outlet. I'll also throw in the original PAL colorburst crystal. The box/packing is in really rough shape, but the manual/inserts are in great shape. Matching serials on the box, system and warranty card.

Pics:
System, AC adapter, AV and colorburst
Box and warranty card/inserts

SOLD to Xian Xi :vik:

Last edited:

Metal Slugnuts

Faggotier
Rating - 100%
75   0   0
BUMPORZ

The prices above are just starting points; I'm willing to entertain any offers within reason. This unit would be great for someone wanting 60hz PAL, but would require modding/repair to get it to NTSC.

BUY ME PEEZ

joe8

margarine sandwich
15 Year Member
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Can US tv's do the PAL colour system these days? TV's in Australia over the last 10-15 years can all do NTSC DVDs. It's not as if PAL is a niche format, the UK and Europe have always used it.

Metal Slugnuts

Faggotier
Rating - 100%
75   0   0
Can US tv's do the PAL colour system these days? TV's in Australia over the last 10-15 years can all do NTSC DVDs. It's not as if PAL is a niche format, the UK and Europe have always used it.

I don't know about newer HD sets, but my SD CRT won't display PAL at all, hence my problem.

Come on European members, this is a steal! I'm open to any and all offers, so give me da PM! :vik:

Metal Slugnuts

Faggotier
Rating - 100%
75   0   0
Well, I figured it out...seems like something on the video encoder board is bad. I get a perfect picture with a XNEO-1 but black/white from the system's AV ports. I lowered the top price...this is a steal if you have a spare video board! Unit works great otherwise.