Scammer Alert: Will Henley

Tung Fu Rue's Prize Student
20 Year Member
One of my good friends is a police officer here in Montgomery, i'll talk to him and see what options we have available and what would be the best plan to execute.

Also, if for some reason someone would need to go to Memphis, I wouldn't mind.

Ghost-Dog

Presented by the Florida Department of Economic Op
20 Year Member
68k said:
One of my good friends is a police officer here in Montgomery, i'll talk to him and see what options we have available and what would be the best plan to execute.

Also, if for some reason someone would need to go to Memphis, I wouldn't mind.

Sounds good. Please let us know if he can offer any insight as to how we should proceed. The next step is getting every victim we can since 2003 to jump on the bandwagon. I'm sure we have enough to get Will a few years in prison. :buttrock:

Ghost-Dog

20 Year Member
Bump. Don't let this scumbag get away with this. Still waiting to hear from PBC..

20 Year Member
Update: GD and TonK, i'm sending you guys PMs on what we would have to do. I don't want to display this information for Will to peruse.

20 Year Member
A warning to everyone; addywayway's (Will's) account is still active.

Last logged on ~2 minutes ago

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 2 (1 members and 1 guests)

Your time is almost up duder.

Last edited:

Ghost-Dog

20 Year Member
Usually he threatens suicide at this point, but he's being strangely quiet. I wonder why? :lolz:

20 Year Member
lolz. Shame he doesn't know what's on the horizon. He can read this, but he can't read the network of PMs exchanged between many members here who are joining up to end this guy's crime spree.

Funny, he thinks he can get away with this.

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
I think that he might have a drug problem.

I don't know where I've read that....

Maybe i'm thinking of the Casey.

Ghost-Dog

20 Year Member
Current address added. Mail fraud info is coming soon and will be posted. Philip, any info you could contribute to this would be great.

20 Year Member
GD said:
Current address added. Mail fraud info is coming soon and will be posted. Philip, any info you could contribute to this would be great.

GD, we may want to predetermine what info we want/do not want to share in this thread since Will reads this regularly. Adding his current address was a good move though.

The mail fraud information we gather from our various members should not be posted IMO.

Ghost-Dog

20 Year Member
I was mainly referring to links and such to documents and pages that describe the process, but yeah I feel you.

playboycougar

Reese. ,
I was told my package was being overnighted on Feb. 7th. Nothing still. Any information beyond the mail fraud form I all ready filed for him on the Postal Service website would be appreciated.

Ghost-Dog

20 Year Member
I've asked Phil (Bulletnyourass) to help out with this, as he seems to have the knowledge we're looking for. Updates coming soon hopefully.

Circa2113

Duck King's DJ
10 Year Member
Just curious, has he been reported here?

They don't always get the job done, but I have heard a few success stories.

Piratero

Street Hoop Star
15 Year Member
Circa2113 said:
Just curious, has he been reported here?

They don't always get the job done, but I have heard a few success stories.

I'm sure all the people who have been scammed should at least submit a report... that way they'll see how many people he has stolen from.

Piratero

Street Hoop Star
15 Year Member
LustForLard said:
Also report here:

https://tips.fbi.gov/

Here is a thread we had running at DP where we got a scammer in trouble with the FBI.

http://www.digitpress.com/forum/showthread.php?t=80509

Just in case anyone wants to use if for references or something, Im Darren870 over there as some of you know.

What happened to the guy? Jail time? Fines? I have not been scammed by Will, but I really hope this guy does time...

I bet he's shitting all over himself right now... :tickled:

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
So what did Digipress do?

I don't have an account there and I don't want to dumsterdive for one.

Darren870

Previously Lusted for Lard
This 18 yr old kid Nick Morgan, nicknamed ViViIdiots. was buying games off ebay and resealing them and then selling them.

An example in a picture I posted

0d_1a.JPG

The top is an auction he bought, the second is a auction of his. In red you can see the same dent in both auctions.

Anyways...yea he was making good money on it as NES sealed games go for high $$. An untrained eye of course couldn't detect it. Anyways about 20 of us reported it to the FBI, his local feds and USPS.

A member then sent a box of complete NES games to a man named "Don Bills" from a trade on a different forum. The person got the boxed and contacted that member and asked him why he sent him NES games. The member then remembered that the scammer Nick Morgan lived locally to "Don Bills". "Don Bills" informed the member that Nick Morgan was a student of his in a previous year and that he lived down the road. The two also contacted the FBI because Nick Morgan was using the teachers name to commit fraud. The local postal inspector called the members and information was taken on what this user had been doing.

Keep in mind Nick Morgan, vividiots, ever scammed any one over at DP. He just was scamming people on ebay.

With all this he was arrested and fined. He posted on DP with this:

"
It's true I was arrested, fingerprinted, and a mugshot was taken of me.

Quote:

Within the jurisdiction of this court, with the purpose to defraud another, utter numerous video game cartridges so that it appeared to have value because of antiquity, rarity, source, or authorship which the video game cartridges did not possess, specifically by buying used video game cartridges, repackaging the cartridges and selling them as new or collectable over eBay, in violation of N.J.S. 2C:21-2.

You are hereby summoned to appear before this court to answer this complaint. If you fail to appear on the date and at the time stated, a warrant will be issued for your arrest."

he wrote and ebay faq on how to spot sealed games:

http://reviews.ebay.com/How-to-Spot-Resealed-NES-Games_W0QQugidZ10000000001556334

the first line there reads:

First of all, I'd like to say that about a year ago, I myself gave in to the temptation of greed by resealing NES games and selling them as new. It worked great for a while, but eventually word got to the FBI and I was arrested.

So yea thats how we brought down a scammer.

Ghost-Dog

20 Year Member
Nice, I love seeing scammers get what they deserve. As far as Will goes, the process is moving, but these things take time.

Ghost-Dog

20 Year Member
Bump, notice posted at Atari Age forums. It looks like Will only managed to steal from one member there, hopefully he reads the thread and contributes. There may be new developments soon regarding the mail fraud charges. Please, I urge anyone who got scammed in the last couple of years in particular to come forward with as much info as you have. The bigger the dollar amount we can get with Will the better.

Piratero

Street Hoop Star
15 Year Member
GD said:
Bump, notice posted at Atari Age forums. It looks like Will only managed to steal from one member there, hopefully he reads the thread and contributes. There may be new developments soon regarding the mail fraud charges. Please, I urge anyone who got scammed in the last couple of years in particular to come forward with as much info as you have. The bigger the dollar amount we can get with Will the better.

This needs to be announced in a big way. Maybe Bobak can help?

20 Year Member
GD, I assume you've heard from Phillip? PM me if you have, i'd like to see whats up.

Ghost-Dog

20 Year Member
I have some more info to add.

I got two PM's at Atari Age forums from people that were scammed by Will. That means he hit no less than three people there, one for $275. I am waiting to hear back from them on the details, and I encouraged them to join here and contribute to the thread. We will see what happens over the next few days, but I see a major dollar amount here.

PM coming your way 68k.