Neo system names

Dion

Known Scammer, NeoGeoFreak Co-Founder
When people say "home" system, it doesn't sound right. All of thse "systems in your home" are home systems.
There is the Neo AES, Neo MVS, Neo CD, and Neo CDZ.

This makes it a lot more correct in terms of systems descriptions.

The "NeoGeo" for home use was always called and marketted as the....
"NeoGeo Advanced Entertainment System."

Which is the "Neo AES."

Dion www.neogeofreak.com

Mouse_Master

Support your local Sheriff, ,
Staff member
Apples and Oranges.... Neo Geo Home Cart, CD, and MVS.

Where odes SNK refer to it as the 'Neo AES?' We see the long name, but they even say 'coming to home rom' on their site....

(I'm just playing devils advocate)

Keith

Dion

Who? SNK-USA?
They used to call it "Metal Slug 4" as "NGF" was calling it "Metal Slug 3."

I still remember SNK-USA saying "Prehstoric Isle 2" and "Strikers 1945 PLUS" were coming to the Neo AES and Neo CD soon.

SNK-USA were real cards.

Dion
www.neogeofreak.com

Mouse_Master

Staff member
That was in the 'War Room' NGPC propagando newsletter they put together, right?

Keith

Dion

I guess. Those fools at SNK NEVER knew anything about the NeoGeo, because they didn't care. They just "worked there."

We are fans, so we actually spend the time to find out information and make things happen.

If these new MVS games weren't on protected boards, they would cost us ALL a fraction to have them made on AES carts. But, by having to use 2 sac carts on those last 3 "Big Games," the cost is high. And especially since we have to sac a KoF99. That is over $200 right there ($300 when we first started doing those conversions).

Man, too bad.
The "Big Games" really take a lot of sould searching for a true Neo fan to go through with it. But having them in your collection is well worth it.

It's "NeoGeo!!!!".....and we're all "NeoGeoFreaks!!!!"

Dion
www.neogeofreak.com

Robi15

20 Year Member
I wonder another thing. The Neo MVS should have been a new standard in arcade business. The MVS carts where easy to change and store than the Jamma Psb's. But other companys did not want to care and where envious about the MVS format. I donno. That is what a man sayd to me at an arcade service shop.

Robi15

JMKurtz

Tech Support Moderator,
20 Year Member
Why not use your contacts at Azure and get some protected home boards at a reasonable cost so that you can offer these protected games at a fair market price?

Jeff

Jason

n00b
Why not send me da shit Dion.? You best send me da shit soon you smelly fuck.

Dion, my shit! NOW!

Dion

Jeff, that's a good idea.

And, I see ths mistake a lot....

Azure is a convertible Bentley costing over $350,000.00

The company that bought SNK is Aruze.

Dion
www.neogeofreak.com

Mouse_Master

Staff member
That was a good one DL!
smile.gif

Actually, many people screw up their name. I think 'Evil Pachinko Company' is a much better name for them, although 'Aruze' does also fit.....

Keith

JMKurtz

Tech Support Moderator,
20 Year Member
You know what I mean. You don't even want to start pointing out spelling mistakes. It would take all day to correct yours.

Jeff

Originally posted by Dion:
Jeff, that's a good idea.

And, I see ths mistake a lot....

Azure is a convertible Bentley costing over $350,000.00

The company that bought SNK is Aruze.

Dion
www.neogeofreak.com

Billkwando

OG OG,
20 Year Member
dion's a dumbass dingus. SNK NEVER marketed the Neo as "AES" they always marketed it, and referred to it as "The Gold System" or "The Silver System". NEVER AES. Somebody that's "been around" should know that....

Thanks,
Billkwando
utngmlink.gif
http://welcome.to/undertheneogeomoon

Dion

Jeff, most of my mistakes are "typos," NOT spelling errors.

There is a BIG difference.

But once again you prove yourself andprove "Dion's" point.

Dion
www.neogeofreak.com

Big Bruno

20 Year Member
Back to the orginal question

I'm not sure about the whole neo-aes cart thing. I mean a lot of carts are refered to by there NGH number and what does NGH stand for. Just a guess but is it Neo geo homecart or something else. also the Europe carts are labeled NEO-AEP. what Does the AEP stand for?
Advance entertainment system Pal or something else?

Also on other gaming systems Cartridges are usally always explained as carts. the only problem with the neo is you have MVS carts and NGH carts. I think NGH is a better acroym to use in my Oppion just because it is a Homecart. AES is a good acroym for the Neo system US/Japan but if there is as mentioned in other forums a AES II system that comes out, and also the europe AEP system then saying a cart is a AES cart would bring additional confussion.

[This message has been edited by Big Bruno (edited August 30, 2000).]

Ukyo

20 Year Member
I have a Neo Home Cart, Neo AES whatever you want to call it but heres a question...

How come on some Neo boxs it says...

"A Quantum Leap Forward In Video Entertainment"

and on some it says...

"The Only 24-Bit Home Arcade System"?

Oh yeah...and why are carts sometimes called roms...like on the home cart intructions it says..."Neo Geo Rom"?

[This message has been edited by Ukyo (edited August 30, 2000).]

Dion

Exactly Phil, SNK called their products "AES" cartridges.

AEP is "ADvanced Entertainment Product."

And like you said, other places are talking about the "AES II" and the carts are referred to as "AES" cartridgs, but they mean "AES II" cartridges.

That "new" system they are talking about was the one "Dion" mention 3 years ago...and that "Chris" mentioned last year when he told us the name was the "Neo Equator."

We don't think it will ever be released.

The "Neo Equator" was more powerful than the Hyper NeoGeo. 128bit probably - but we never got specs on it.

Dion of NGF
www.neogeofreak.com

Big Bruno

20 Year Member
Actually I thought SNK always refered to there titles as Software for some reason instead of carts "Advanced entertainment systetm software"? At least they came out with software cataloges. I stand correct on the AEP explanation. I still feel though NGH is a better acroym and correct For Neo geo homecarts.Also because it is more universal and more reconized. Just as NGCD is used for the neo cd system and NGM is use for the Neo geo MVS system. It also seems to be the standard snk used when labeling thier games. Just a Oppinion for a answer to your orginal question.

SonGohan

Made of Wood
20 Year Member
I approve of this thread. Almost 11 years later and the shit's still thick.

wataru330

Mr. Wrestling IV
20 Year Member
Neo Geo Equator? That sounds like some hot shit, that there.