le geek's Shockbox Insert Thread

Pingu

Hardened Shock Trooper
You got the gift.
Care to try a money idol exchanger one? ^^;

le geek

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
15 Year Member
Here is a release candidate for a "redo" of my insert for Magical Drop II (my first attempt basically sucked)
mdrop2-legeek-copy.jpg

What do you think?

Cheers,
Ben

le geek

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
15 Year Member
The back was too busy on the last one
mdrop2-legeek-copy2.jpg

This is probably the final...

BIG BEAR

SHOCKbox Developer,
20 Year Member
DId you edit out text in the illustration giving it the appearance it has now or did you find a physical piece and scan it??
It looks good. When I create my version, I will probably leave it in the same layout as the flyer I have.
Money puzzle Exchanger will also be a reality as I DO have physical artwork for that title that I will be scanning from. I'm on the hunt for an illustration book that has the characters in it . I don't really need BUT.... I'm curious to see what it looks like.The book may run me up to 50 USD :eek!:
-BB

le geek

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
15 Year Member
BIG BEAR said:
DId you edit out text in the illustration giving it the appearance it has now or did you find a physical piece and scan it??

I editted from the same illustration. It wasn't that bad once I decided to knock out and replace the blue...

Cheers,
Ben

Pingu

Hardened Shock Trooper
I'd love to have a MIE artbook, where did you find yours?

BIG BEAR

SHOCKbox Developer,
20 Year Member
Pingu said:
I'd love to have a MIE artbook, where did you find yours?
I don't have a Money Idol Exchanger book. The artist of those characters goes by the name Atsuko Ishida and she has several illustration books out which may or may not include depictions of the MIE cast of characters. She has created the cast of Rayearth,Macross and Atsuko 120% as well and some of the those characters look very similar to her MIE cast especially Exchanger in the sailor type outfit.
-BB

eclypse

Banned
He's gots the stuff forsure! Love that freakin KOF 2k2 insert!

I request the one no ones got! Ragnagard!! Please pretty please! If no one has any art for it, i've seen the art set forsale at arcade shock.

le geek

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
15 Year Member
eclypse said:
He's gots the stuff forsure! Love that freakin KOF 2k2 insert!

I request the one no ones got! Ragnagard!! Please pretty please! If no one has any art for it, i've seen the art set forsale at arcade shock.

I posted a translation request in the General Discussion forum. If I get any nibbles I should be able to put one together.

Cheers,
Ben

Pingu

Hardened Shock Trooper
BIG BEAR said:
I don't have a Money Idol Exchanger book. The artist of those characters goes by the name Atsuko Ishida and she has several illustration books out which may or may not include depictions of the MIE cast of characters. She has created the cast of Rayearth,Macross and Atsuko 120% as well and some of the those characters look very similar to her MIE cast especially Exchanger in the sailor type outfit.
-BB

Hmmm... You mean charachter designer for the games then, of course I can't really see Haruhiko Mikimoto working with computer graphics. ^^;

I think I'll look her up at least :D

le geek

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
15 Year Member
Save NeoCverA from himself

In an effort to save NeoCverA from himself and to clear my good name, here is a WIP for Ragnagard...

ragnagard-legeek-copy.jpg

You'll notice I've gone "Full Frontal". I'm probably going to play with the front as there is a bunch of open space at the top, and obviously the back needs text and screencaps...

Ben

NeoCverA

RevQuixo. Who He?,
20 Year Member
Its sexy and all but not complete. Hurry and finish it before someone takes my stuff away from me!

save me!

NeoCverA

RevQuixo. Who He?,
20 Year Member
le geek said:

Somehow I feel you rushed this for my sake. If this isnt final, you better fess up. Cuz the moment you change it, I have to put my stuff up for sale again and we need to come up with another insert for you to do.

So speak now sir.

le geek

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
15 Year Member
ragnagard-legeek-copy3.jpg

Nope this is the final. I wasn't happy with the close up of the dude on the front...

Cheers,
Ben

NeoCverA

RevQuixo. Who He?,
20 Year Member
le geek said:
ragnagard-legeek-copy3.jpg

Nope this is the final. I wasn't happy with the close up of the dude on the front...

Cheers,
Ben

I lke what you did with the logo (keeping the japanese characters in the background) - really cool.

If your still bugged about the abundance of space on the front........i have an idea:

Why not trim out that Winged Demon thing that you currently have on the back and move it over to the front to fill that space?

then you could also grab some of character art from here and do something more with your back to compensate for that loss.

Maybe some more screeshots?

Its a great insert and Im flattered you went with the Full-Frontal style.

le geek

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
15 Year Member
Thnx :)

I'm too attached to the devil guy background on the back to chop it up. I'm thinking of putting the japanese logo back on the front. I'll have to see what it looks like later 2nite...

Ben

le geek

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
15 Year Member
HERE IS RELEASE CANDIDATE ONE (and my favorite)
ragnagard-legeek-copy4.jpg

AND HERE IS RELEASE CANDIDATE TWO
ragnagard-legeek-copy2.jpg

If I don't here anything, I will post RC1 on my site later this weekend...

Ben