le geek's Shockbox Insert Thread

BIG BEAR

SHOCKbox Developer,
20 Year Member
You'd lose nothing by reducing the file's size and nobody would be able to manipulate it. The file is waaaaaay too large now that look at it again. It should be no more than 2 megs.
In regards to upping it to South Town,I will contact him and direct him to this site.In the meantime ,high quality(modified),remove editing capabilities for the pdf.
Great Job...I have soo much to catch up on....<SIGH>
BB

JacKc

Quiz Detective
Thanks a lot BIG BEAR,

I know my insert is not very good but due to the lack of great images, not easy to make something very good and i also know i have to improve my skills...Anyway for a first try, i hope my insert is not bad at all and i'm sure LeGeek and You will make something better.

Best,
JacKc.

BIG BEAR

SHOCKbox Developer,
20 Year Member
Your insert is TOP NOTCH,for a first time too?I wouldn't state that if I didn;t think so. I'm kinda underground right now with my work so I just have other ideas racing around in my head,NOT to improve upon what you did but just another variant. Taste is specific to the individual. If you don't file size it down,I can or somebody else will and it will lose nothing.
Welcome to the forums!
BB

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
When saving it as a PDF make sure you choose jpeg instead of zip. Zip makes the file about 8-10mb where jpeg PDF makes it usually no more than 4mb.

JacKc

Quiz Detective
Hi,

I know bootleg insert are not really welcome but today want to show my last product...An insert for Lansquenet, a Shock Troopers 2nd Squad Bootleg.

nglansquenet2004preview.jpg

Any comments are welcome.

Best,
JacKc.

JacKc

Quiz Detective
As i've done some Lansquenet Insert, i've decided to make also some Insert for Shock Troopers: 2nd Squad.

ngshocktroopers2ndsquad.jpg

best,
JacKc.

Last edited:

le geek

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
15 Year Member
Looks good man! I think you are ready to start you own thread though...

JacKc

Quiz Detective
Thanks a lot Le Geek for your kind words but when i look at your inserts and/or Big Bear's inserts, i know i have to improve a lot my skills so i'm not sure i'm ready to start my own thread...

anyway it's really a pleasure to have advices from you !

If i have time, i will try to make an another US insert for Ironclad and a new insert for King Of Fighters 10th Anniversary.

best,
JacKc.

Last edited:

BIG BEAR

SHOCKbox Developer,
20 Year Member
It's good BUT there's not a lot of illustrated material to work with so very similar to others on South Town.
Did he ever get a hold of your Brikinger Insert? I messaged him and received no confirmation..

You definitely need to start your own thread and place your work in there. This is Le geek's thread and I believe he was politely telling you to start your own thread. I agree.
Keep up the good work!BB

JacKc

Quiz Detective
I'm sorry le geek to have polluate your thread with my inserts...my apologies.

le geek

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
15 Year Member
No worries JacKc, I look forward to following your work.

Cheers,
Ben

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
What a gentleman. Seriously though, all this great work of yours is making me want to do a comeback, I know I've only produced a few but I have some ideas in mind, some full frontals that haven't been done before. Super Dodgeball needs some help, we need something not so generic looking. Please don't get me wrong, I actually printed the FF available at ST but I always felt I could come up with something a bit more in tune with the game. Any help with art would be appreciated, btw I promise to make my own thread. ;)

le geek

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
15 Year Member
The official artwork for this one really stinks...
preisle2-ff-copy.jpg

So I think this is the way I am going to go...
preisle2a-ff-copy.jpg

supergoose

Die Gans,
20 Year Member
that really looks much better than the original art for pi2.

there's only one thing that i would try to change without messing too much with your layout:
i think the fading effect is a bit too much. imo the green background with the trees and the t-rex' rear end would look much better on the spine. as it is it looks a bit busy.

and about that blazing star insert:
i like the background and the clean artwork on the spine a lot. what i don't like too much about it is that there's a bit too much going on on the front and back. i don't mind the back too much but the front would look better with less spaceships/enemies on it.

hope this didn't sound too harsh because you're really doing a good job.

le geek

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
15 Year Member
No, I always appreciate feedback. It might take me a few days, but I'll see what I can do.

Cheers,
Ben

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
I have to disagree with the comment about the spine of PI2, it needs to be like it is 'cause the PI2 title, ,marquee, mini marquee, and instruction card all have the red background behind the title, it would look rather odd if the spine didn't match the rest of the conceptual art.

le geek

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
15 Year Member
Prehistoric Isle 2 before and after
preisle2a-ff-copy.jpg

preisle2alt-ff-copy.jpg

Blazing Star before and after
blazingstar-alt-ff-copy2.jpg

blazingstar-alt2-ff-copy.jpg