overtop-copy2.jpg

Comments as always are appreciated :buttrock:

Cheers,
Ben

Last edited:

RAINBOW PONY

DASH DARK ANDY K,
20 Year Member
The spine logo looks too busy...is there any simpler Logo for the title?

RAINBOW PONY

DASH DARK ANDY K,
20 Year Member
Hmm, that's a LOT better, but how about trying the spine without the Text under the logo, and without the text you can Enlarge the "Overtop" text.

IMHO, with the bigger logo it would look better in line, next to other Shockbox Spine logos. :glee:

le geek

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
15 Year Member
KOF 2002 WIP

Here's yet another KOF '02 insert! :rolleyes:

kof02-copy.jpg

I call it the "grab the pink by the balls" edition. Still need to do up the rest of the teams on the back, but thought I'd get some feedback first... :D

Thanks,
Ben

galfordo

Analinguist of the Year
15 Year Member
KOF '02 insert looks terrific.

The OverTop insert looks really good, but I think the back could benefit from having a little more text and an enlarged spine logo (with the text on the bottom removed, like DARK ANDY suggested). I like to have somewhere around half and half for the text/graphics ratio, but I realize that that's sort of a personal preference.

Great work, nonetheless - the insert community is really rocking these days! :buttrock:

le geek

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
15 Year Member
How are these for OverTop?

overtop-copy4.jpg

overtop-copy5.jpg

Editted per Big Bear's below comments...

I inverted the front text on one (now black with white outline) and removed it on the other.

Which do you prefer? I may offer both...

Cheers,
Ben

Last edited:

BIG BEAR

SHOCKbox Developer,
20 Year Member
The last one is the best. I would lose the FULL THROTTLE text though and keep the posetrization.
-BB

Grinwing

Rasputin's Rose Gardener
Both look good. I don't mind the FULL THROTTLE text but I have to agree that the OVERTOP logo looks MUCH better this way!

RAINBOW PONY

DASH DARK ANDY K,
20 Year Member
The Spine Logo is now = :buttrock:x10

Whichever of the last ones you want to do, is awesome with me! :drool_2:

le geek

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
15 Year Member
OverTop final ready 4 d/l! :D

img-overtop-legeek.jpg

http://www.abscape.org/legeek/f_shock2.htm

One last change I made was making the cars on the back all point the same direction...

BTW having printed my first inserts I'm planning on revisiting them all, mainly tweaking color for printing and putting them in NeoCverA's templates so they all match better on the shelve. If anyone has any requests as to which ones I tweak first, LMK :)

Cheers,
Ben

NeoCverA

RevQuixo. Who He?,
20 Year Member
Nice job.

I like what you did with the front images (give it the cell-shaded style look).

NipRing

The Shlonginator,
NeoCverA said:
Nice job.

I like what you did with the front images (give it the cell-shaded style look).
I was thinking the exact same thing. I like that better than the real look which are a far cry from how the in-game cars look.

le geek

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
15 Year Member
KOF 2002 Release Candidate

kof02-3-copy.jpg

What do you guys think?

Cheers,
Ben

NeoCverA

RevQuixo. Who He?,
20 Year Member
Bold, stylish and cool.

Have you tried putting a (white) stroke around the spine meg box? Check it out see what you think. Also did you intend to put the stripe white on the spine?

Either way its a fresh look.

Good work as usual.

nCv

Last edited:

Orochi Iori Y

Frenzy Football Player
Agreed, I like it alot too... would be interesting to see it with the red stripe at the top though. I like the way that this insert is very different and has its own look, but I think that the red strip across the top of the spine to keep it uniform with other fighting games would be good.

Inserts like this one are the ones that make me consider doing a new print run of my KoF's ... :D

GoSpits

Benimaru's Hairdresser
20 Year Member
Really nice twist on the Overtop insert, as well as your KoF `02 one.

My only suggestion is for the latter title: On the spine, the white horizontal bar looks odd. Perhaps you may want to simply move the Neo-Geo box up and scrap the white bar idea? Other than that, it's really, really nice.

Orochi Iori Y

Frenzy Football Player
GoSpits said:
My only suggestion is for the latter title: On the spine, the white horizontal bar looks odd. Perhaps you may want to simply move the Neo-Geo box up and scrap the white bar idea? Other than that, it's really, really nice.

To me it looks fine, it is just a matter of consistency. I would rather see it white, pink or black before I would like to see the space there go completely... I like my inserts to line up and have the same neo header across the top if possible. :D If you were going to eliminate the stripe up top it seems like it would be best to just make the strip black rather than move up the neo logoup, but I would rather see the bar stay...

Now that I think of it it would be a really easy change to alter the color of that area of the insert too so if it was released white it would be a piece of cake for most to change it to red.

GoSpits

Benimaru's Hairdresser
20 Year Member
Orochi Iori Y said:
To me it looks fine, it is just a matter of consistency. I would rather see it white, pink or black before I would like to see the space there go completely... I like my inserts to line up and have the same neo header across the top if possible. :D If you were going to eliminate the stripe up top it seems like it would be best to just make the strip black rather than move up the neo logoup, but I would rather see the bar stay...

Now that I think of it it would be a really easy change to alter the color of that area of the insert too so if it was released white it would be a piece of cake for most to change it to red.

Yeah, I had too many windows open at once and wasn't fully thinking about what I was typing. :loco:
I meant to say the stripe should be pink as well to match the bars, which here are pink instead of the usual red. I almost wonder what a swapped insert would look like, so pink back and white front.

le geek

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
15 Year Member
Which of these do you prefer?

Slightly revised to show the white border on the spine meg count (and most likely the one I'd print for myself)
kof02-3-copy.jpg

Pink Spine
kof02-pink-copy.jpg

White Spine
kof02-white-copy.jpg

Red Spine
kof02-red-copy.jpg

Cheers,
Ben

Orochi Iori Y

Frenzy Football Player
On its own I like the 1st one the best, but because it would be with all my other carts I would go with the last version personally since it fits in with other boxes better...

:buttrock:

pixeljunkie

Whilst Drunk., I Found God., Booze = Bad.,
20 Year Member
I, personally, would do the white one...love em' all though

:buttrock:

The Drizzle

Whip's Subordinate
So Acceleration has officially been changed to Accelation? I guess I missed the memo.