Hyper 64 about to be emulated?

Kumavnmitsurugi

Marked Wolf
dmhawkmoon said:
Considering that I don't know a single person even on these boards who owns a working version of one of the HNG64 racing or shooting games, I'd really be happy to see these get emulated. I think with these particular games we're well past the point where it's reasonable for anyone to obtain a working cab of anything that's not one of the fighters.

i have beast busters.....

Sky_R

B. Jenet's Firstmate
SamuraiShodownSensei said:
Meh, Mame can't even run Cruisn World on my 3ghz with a Nvidia G-Force FX card. Mame isn't optimized and I'd love to see it try to emulate a 64 bit RISC processor with decent speed on today's computers. It's PSX based code is still ass, I have better luck with Zinc.

So the moral of this story is... MAME= crap? :lol: :lol:

(never liked that damned program.)

SSS

neo retired
Sky_R said:
So the moral of this story is... MAME= crap? :lol: :lol:

(never liked that damned program.)

I never said it was crap. I use it quite often. It's great for older 2D titles. Cave shooters CPS2/Neo Geo fighters. It just needs to be optimized.

TheBigBB

Formerly known as dmhawkmoon
Kumavnmitsurugi said:
i have beast busters.....

In the original working cab? Regardless, I know that some people have it. I just mean that it's so extreme to find a working cab of it. The cab is always going to be better for a game like that, but at least in this case it will be nice to know it's preserved.

SSS

neo retired
Just for kicks I downloaded Buriki One and the new MAME32. (need hyper bios as well). Game will actually load, there seems to be preliminary sprite emulation because you could see good portions of the intro. No polygons as of yet and no sound. Warriors Rage won't get past I/O boot sequence 2. Haven't tried FFWA.

SSS

neo retired
TimKunming said:
the hyper carts have been dumped already?

Just a few are currently available. Buriki One, SSWR, FFWA, and Roads Edge

Kumavnmitsurugi

Marked Wolf
SamuraiShodownSensei said:
Just for kicks I downloaded Buriki One and the new MAME32. (need hyper bios as well). Game will actually load, there seems to be preliminary sprite emulation because you could see good portions of the intro. No polygons as of yet and no sound. Warriors Rage won't get past I/O boot sequence 2. Haven't tried FFWA.

Do you have a link to the MAM32 that you got? Or are we..not allowed to ask for emus :help:

SlickDizzy

Mr. Big's Thug
dmhawkmoon said:
In the original working cab? Regardless, I know that some people have it. I just mean that it's so extreme to find a working cab of it. The cab is always going to be better for a game like that, but at least in this case it will be nice to know it's preserved.

A local video game buy & sell shop has one. More than working, it also appears to be mint, except the monitor is very dark. I think he wants $300 for it. I popped a quarter into it once, interesting game, lost interest fast though.

BTW - does anyone have ANY info on the NG64 driving games? This is the first I've heard of their existence and I want to know MORe, dammit! :smirk:

E=MC2

Ass Troll,, Ignorant, , , , (Do Not Resuscitate)
hey guys what do you think of a hng64 arcade cab with sswr and ffwa jama with mk2 jama free along for 400Euro?? because i dont think you can run mvs games on it. even if id decide to buy this i still could buy a 1 or 2 slot mvs and hook it up in the cab right?? does it matter that its a jamma???

M

MSoft

SlickDizzy said:
A local video game buy & sell shop has one. More than working, it also appears to be mint, except the monitor is very dark. I think he wants $300 for it. I popped a quarter into it once, interesting game, lost interest fast though.

BTW - does anyone have ANY info on the NG64 driving games? This is the first I've heard of their existence and I want to know MORe, dammit! :smirk:

FIGHTING:

Buriki One: World grapple tournament '99 (870 Megs)
Garou Densetsu 64: Wild ambition (839 Megs)/Fatal Fury: Wild Ambition
Samurai Spirits 64(518 Megs)/Samurai Shodown 64
Samurai Spirits II: Asura zanmaden (598 Megs)/Samurai Shodown: Warrior's Rage

DRIVING:

Off Beat Racer(678 Megs)/Xtreme Rally
Round Trip RV(524 Megs)/Road's Edge

GUN-Based:

Beast Busters: Second nightmare (802 Megs)

Here are some pictures.

Last edited:

Caseh

Tarma's Gun Polisher
Heh its been like 2 years since my last post. :rolleyes:

I for one can't wait for the Neo-Geo 64 to be emulated fully. I have owned a Hyper Neo-Geo kit for around 2 years and have packed it away since I moved closer to my university.

All this talk of Buriki One is making me drool, I need a fix and if it was emulated I could hook up right now. As it stands I can't so I'm gonna leave now and cry. :crying:

Richard & Judy

NEST Puppet
Charles Franklin Fernandez said:
Oh no, the HORROR!!! Aside from Fatal Fury Wild Ambition, SNK did not realease anymore inferior ports of their Hyper Neo Geo 64 games. The horror, the horror...

Compared to five years ago, the hyper 64 games and boards are dirt cheap. But nooooooooooo instead of buying them and enjoy them in an arcade setup (or at least via a supergun) as they were meant to be, you want an emulator so you can play the ROMS on your computer or modded XBOX. Oh yeah and you feel a lot better calling other members that have the kits and gave their opinion about not wanting a Hyper 64 emulator pricks.

Boy you are really mature... :rolleyes:

Charles

I think it would be easier if people were richer and could spend money on hyper 64s but being as there are so little games for it, I think it should be emulated.
As for Neogeo thats kinda different because of the main fact the NEO lost considerable amount on games (ROTD for example) because they were emulated.

Emulation is a great Idea but like all things its good for people that dont have MVS, AES etc.. Bad for you guys and SNK.
So obviously the board will be devided on this subject.

Richard & Judy said:
I think it would be easier if people were richer and could spend money on hyper 64s but being as there are so little games for it, I think it should be emulated.
As for Neogeo thats kinda different because of the main fact the NEO lost considerable amount on games (ROTD for example) because they were emulated.

Emulation is a great Idea but like all things its good for people that dont have MVS, AES etc.. Bad for you guys and SNK.
So obviously the board will be devided on this subject.

Did you ever hear of a concept named "work," or "get a job"? Seriously, you should try it because you get paid with money, which a portion of it could be saved to later on buy games, arcade kits, pay bills, etc.

Also did you check the prices for Hyper Neo Geo 64 boards and games as of late? Let me give you a hint, if you look hard enough, you can find them at very affordable prices (even on eBay).

To say that it is OK to emulate a Hyper 64 because of its small library of games or because of the games age, is ridiculous. Ask Atari, Midway and other companies that are currently releasing compilations of their old games that you will illegally get their ROMS because they are too old.

You are right that emulation is great, but it is even better if it is done by the company that owns the rights of its games or pays the copyright fees to distribute the games. And last time I checked, SNKP still owns those IPs.

Charles

gatsu25

Galford's Armourer
Nesagwa said:
Yeah you guys are elitist pricks, they never got ported except for Wild Ambition so bring it on.

Thats not true, Samurai Shodown: Warriors Rage got a port on Playstation. Anyway, im not against roms in all cases, but some i am. Some people dont have the money for Cabs and all that jazz (me) so the only way for them to play would be on a rom. I personally would not use them, but that is just me. I dont see much of a problem with it. Especially with the Beast Busters and driving games.

Verythrax

OWES ROT MONEY!
gatsu25 said:
Thats not true, Samurai Shodown: Warriors Rage got a port on Playstation. Anyway, im not against roms in all cases, but some i am. Some people dont have the money for Cabs and all that jazz (me) so the only way for them to play would be on a rom. I personally would not use them, but that is just me. I dont see much of a problem with it. Especially with the Beast Busters and driving games.
Not true. A sequel of Warriors Rage was released only for PS1.

gatsu25

Galford's Armourer
damn sorry, thought it was the original, i do suck, but it has been years since ive played it. :emb:

Last edited:

pixeljunkie

Whilst Drunk., I Found God., Booze = Bad.,
20 Year Member
gatsu25 said:
damn sorry, though it was the original, i do suck, but it has been years since ive played it. :emb:

Plus, it sucks

l337kunio

n00b
An arcade that used to be semi-near my house had one of the racing games for about a month... they got rid of the original Time Crisis for it, and then they got rid of that and put in a DDR machine.

Last edited: