Texas Rollcall!

PUNJABEE

Banned
fatal fury fan #2 said:
yea I when to that mr.gattis and it still there.last time I went was when gaittstown open over there

I remember that Gattis too. My dad worked in that little strip mall at the time, there was an EZ Motors across the street, and he worked at "EZ Plan" the finance company for that car-lot. I would go to the "Commerce Twin" and watch all these great movies, like Naked Gun 2, Best of the Best 2, Street Fighter, lol... great movies /sarcasm.

But yeah man, I remember seeing the NeoMVS at that Gattis. They had Blue's Journey, Fatal Fury, and some other games there, i cant remember them.

I would play those two, and the Street Fighter II game.. I would just slam on the controls until my character (who eventually I realized to be Ken) would 'shoot' a fireball, lol.

MAN! I miss those days, those really were the days.

fatal fury fan #2

Duck King's DJ
lol funny thing my dad owns a mr.gattis over here in houston and I am going to put my super neo over there this weekend for money

jeff bogard

Yamazaki's Wingman,
20 Year Member
@El paso

I wonder if there are more from el paso aside from me and lord yamazaki...

i might be moving to ausint again later this year so keep me up....

fatal fury fan #2

Duck King's DJ
jeff bogard said:
@El paso

just keep on going over here for updates

BBH

1cc my ASS!,
20 Year Member
hahaha, Rio Grande Valley hijacking this thread! Wooooooo!!

PUNJABEE said:
Hmm.. the only 'white kid' i can recall was a guy that was prolly about 5'9", and always wore a cap.. Not sure if the cap was red and white, but I think I remember that guy? might have been you.

I'm not even that tall now, so it probably wasn't me... although I did always wear a cap (not sure which one I was wearing back then though)... so probably not. Oh well.

Creasey's Bowling used to have a decent number of Neo-Geo games at one point. Hell, that was the first place I played Fatal Fury. I remember some kid trying to tell me that it was Street Fighter 3. Ahahahaha....

I never did go to Gatti's much, but I do remember when they had Fatal Fury and SF2 at least... the sticks on the SF2 were great, I think it was there that I learned how to do Zangief's SPD correctly. (boy, don't you miss the days when doing special moves was a huge deal? I felt so jubliant when I could finally consistently Dragon Punch.)

Oh, and let's not forget the fact that the Gold Mine was the first place to get a Neo-Geo too. And they had it for quite a while too, although around.... I dunno, 1996 or 1997, they got rid of all the games in the other slots and had nothing but Samurai Shodown 4 in it. It looked strange. Then a couple years later it was gone. I wish I could've gotten a chance to buy it off them or something. :( (although they probably charged too much for it...)

Last edited:

NeoCverA

RevQuixo. Who He?,
20 Year Member
BBH said:
hahaha, Rio Grande Valley hijacking this thread! Wooooooo!!

Oh, and let's not forget the fact that the Gold Mine was the first place to get a Neo-Geo too. And they had it for quite a while too, although around.... I dunno, 1996 or 1997, they got rid of all the games in the other slots and had nothing but Samurai Shodown 4 in it. It looked strange. Then a couple years later it was gone. I wish I could've gotten a chance to buy it off them or something. :( (although they probably charged too much for it...)

Yeah i think your right, Goldmine had the old-old school games on that 4 slot (baseball stars, superspy, magician lord and ninja combat!!)

I remember the owner of the pizza place in the mall always hogged it up to play Baseball stars (bastard). I remember one time I told him "dont you have some pizzas to make!?"........

thats when i discovered he owned the place cuz he replied "i own it, i dont have to make any pizzas!"

smartass.........

fatal fury fan #2

Duck King's DJ
NeoCverA said:
Yeah i think your right, Goldmine had the old-old school games on that 4 slot (baseball stars, superspy, magician lord and ninja combat!!)

I remember the owner of the pizza place in the mall always hogged it up to play Baseball stars (bastard). I remember one time I told him "dont you have some pizzas to make!?"........

thats when i discovered he owned the place cuz he replied "i own it, i dont have to make any pizzas!"

smartass.........

lol old people playing the neo :loco: great story lol :D

Maury V.

Lucky Glauber's #1 Fan,
Oi! You forgot me! I'm in Texas also. Let's just say I'm somewhere in the metroplex.

Mike Shagohod

Stray Dog Grunt
20 Year Member
NeoCverA said:
Just thought id chime in. Corpus Christi up in this mutha! We got beaches and beeyatches

DAMN it's good to know someone is in Corpus! *I'm down there like every other month or so with my wife just because we like the city/beachside so much. And Corpus will always have my love simply because it's where I first played a NEO:GEO 2-Slot back in the summer of 1990 at Sunset Mall {might have been Padre Staples, which ever had teh TILT upstairs in it}. It was there I went to the hell again in NAM-1975 and became "The Super Spy".

*Other notable FIRSTS for gaming = IKARI III: The Rescue {Wal-Mart} Mechanized Attack {TILT}.

...ahh great memories indeed. Much love for Corpus!

MERCENARY X99

Last edited:

'Lord Yamazaki'

Edo Express Delivery Guy
jeff bogard said:
@El paso

Haha, sweet, I didn't know you were from El Paso. We should meet up to play some KoF sometime ;)
:buttrock:

Maury V.

Lucky Glauber's #1 Fan,
Does anyone live in Dallas, Ft. Worth, Grand Prairie, or Arlington?

AGGIEZ

n00b
H-towner here

I'm from H-town (Heights area).

Just joined the board. I've been a MAMER (arcadecontrols.com) for about a year and it's turned me on to NEO GEO. Now, my next project is refurbing an MVS 4 or 6-slot if I can find one for a decent price. E-mail me if ya'll have a 'met up' <cardnutt AT yahoo DOT com>

DanAdamKOF

Iori's Flame
20 Year Member
Letting you guys know, I might be at the Stargate next saturday (October 2nd). I'd be there maybe from 6 PM to late at night. I'm not so sure yet so don't get your hopes up... I'll start a new thread once I'm sure.

Mike Shagohod

Stray Dog Grunt
20 Year Member
DanAdamKOF said:
Letting you guys know, I might be at the Stargate next saturday (October 2nd). I'd be there maybe from 6 PM to late at night. I'm not so sure yet so don't get your hopes up... I'll start a new thread once I'm sure.

Been awhile since me and rarehero storm rode up to H-Town bro, never got to see that arcade either, :( so tell me what's new up in that place to play. Still the same games or some new stuff too. What's there NEO wise, I forget all these months later.

MERCENARY X99

DanAdamKOF

Iori's Flame
20 Year Member
Mercenary X99 said:
Been awhile since me and rarehero storm rode up to H-Town bro, never got to see that arcade either, :( so tell me what's new up in that place to play. Still the same games or some new stuff too. What's there NEO wise, I forget all these months later.

MERCENARY X99
It's changed a bit. This is all secondhand info as I've never been myself. He took out some candy cabs and put in some consoles. You pay at the door for a certain amount of hours (or all day) kinda like a cyber cafe. I have no idea what all's there and what's not as I haven't been since the reonvation. I'll say though that he has two dedicated 6-slots at the least (he said he wouldn't get rid of the Neo uprights). They have, to name a few, KOF 97, 98, 2K2 and 2K3, Last Blade 2, Samurai Shodown 2, 4 and 5, and some other stuff...

Sky_R

B. Jenet's Firstmate
moved away from san antonio a few months ago and am bored here. But Im going to be moving back exactly on the week of thanks giving in november. so considering active in november.

DanAdamKOF

Iori's Flame
20 Year Member
Well like I said I searched the UBB forums' archive (since you can search by location easily there). I obviously missed most of those who joined after the VB swtich.

fatal fury fan #2

Duck King's DJ
Sky_R said:
moved away from san antonio a few months ago and am bored here. But Im going to be moving back exactly on the week of thanks giving in november. so considering active in november.

why did you move over there and back you must have a real good job that paids great :loco: to be doing that

l337kunio

n00b
Wow. There's a lot of Houston guys here. I'm from Alvin, which is pretty close to Houston. I'm one of the only Neo gamers out here... everyone else is either hardkore into PC gaming, not into gaming at all, or a 3-D purist who hates everything not made by Rockstar or EA.