Texas Rollcall!

unofficialitguy

Hardened Shock Trooper
Nitsunto and I are heading to the Tilt Arcade auction today in Killen. Not much as far as NG stuff goes but looks like fun to test drive some of the machines and maybe go home with a new unit to flip/convert. If anyone is going and wants to meet up there, shoot me a PM. We should be getting there around 8:30AM

Maury V.

Lucky Glauber's #1 Fan,
So, I got a job offer in Abilene this week. It's a night time gig but I also need a part time day gig. Would anyone here happen to know of any job openings in Abilene for the morning? Thanks!

Tehcno

Bao's Babysitter
20 Year Member
So are there any houston meet ups anymore? Im barely getting back into neo geo and wouldnt mind playing some games. Im actually trying to piece a cab together or possibly find a big red.
I'm in Texas City. Maybe we can try and find out what other forum members are in the Houston area.

Reigami

n00b
I'll be there, last year's was great (especially thanks to all the awesome stuff that NeoTurfMasta brought).

I'm hoping to go, I haven't been to a CGF since they moved to convention centers. I guess before that I used to work at Gameover though.

NeoTurfMasta

DANCE DANCE KARNOV!,
20 Year Member
I'll be there, last year's was great (especially thanks to all the awesome stuff that NeoTurfMasta brought).

It was fun last year, but extremely stressful. I had 8 system total running, 60 different games to swap out, and Beast Busters Second Nightmare. Also had a 40 something people participate in a league bowling 8 player simultaneous tourney.

239.jpg

The first day was great, the second not so much. Some guy reached behind my 25" monitor and picked up my KOF 98 home cart and tried to pry open the case. I asked for it back and he fucking dropped it. My 25" rgb monitor fried on the second day for some reason too. The first day had lots of families and people who have never played Neo before, totally positive experience. The second day had a a few douchebags with attitudes. I wont be doing it this year.

I feel bad about bowing out this year since I have helped the last 4 years. I'll probably be going at least one day though.

Definitely looked stressful, sorry you had to experience those unfortunate incidents. I'm grateful for your heaps of effort, though, you created an awesome exhibit. I can truly appreciate League Bowling now. :)

Ghudda

New Challenger
Hello, everyone, I'm from Austin (born and raised) but recently moved up to Denton for school. I'm just getting into collecting for the MVS. Are there any local Texas game shops in existence that tend to carry NG AES/MVS carts? I know Game Over in Austin has had a Magician Lord for the AES for the longest time but I havn't encountered much other NG stuff up North.

DanAdamKOF

Iori's Flame
20 Year Member
Some random CGX (I think the Frisco one) had something really common, like World Heroes perhaps, for AES, loose, and looking like a hockey puck. They wanted like $120 for it lol.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Ghudda

New Challenger
Agh, CGX can be so hit or miss. Out of the two locations in Denton, one sells A Link To The Past Parallel Worlds for $300, and the other one is much more fair. It's time to get into ebay vulture mode and see if I can't build up a small collection.

DanAdamKOF

Iori's Flame
20 Year Member
There is a Game Over in Arlington that I keep forgetting about. Maybe they have something neat. I want to check it out.

Ghudda

New Challenger
Speaking of conventions, has anyone picked up PAX South tickets yet? I bought individual day passes since the 3-Day pass had sold out but am looking forward to my first PAX.

unofficialitguy

Hardened Shock Trooper
CGF recently posted their schedule. I'm only going to be able to make it out for Saturday and it looks like most of the Speedruns that I was prepping for are on Sunday. I hope some of the merch booths are decent. Fingers crossed for some NG scoops:drool_2:

I'm looking forward to it, although I'm surprised they haven't posted specific rules for the speed runs/tournaments at this point (maybe that was intentional). Gotta squeeze in a UFO and Pinballz pilgrimage!

DanAdamKOF

Iori's Flame
20 Year Member
I will be in the Anime Fest game room on Saturday and Sunday with beatmania and other games, come say hi!