SSVS AES fix info. FULL FATALITIES, SOUNDS FIXED. UniBios v2.0 now released.

Kazuki Dash

Samurai Shodown Swordsmith
All hail Razoola, the true savior of SSVS
:multi_co:

thanks to you the final cart for the NEO gets the sendoff it deserves, in all its full unedited glory...
:buttrock:

Verbatum

Rugal's Panther
Razoola said:
Here are a couple of videos showing a fatal move with unibios on aes and also another video showing a new feature of the next unibios. You will need quicktime to watch them btw. Just to confirm also that other fatals also work and not just the ZO's

http://www.netti.fi/~seagull/razoola/aesbehead.mov

http://www.netti.fi/~seagull/razoola/changetune.mov

Raz

[edit]
If you dont understand the point of the 2nd movie, listen to the background music, I'm basically changing it midway into a game.

That's Fookin' RAD man! Thanks again for your hard work!

Sorry to sound ignorant, but what do you mean by "The other Fatalities"?

Shoe-A-Palooza

Kabuki Klasher
Razoola said:
[edit]
If you dont understand the point of the 2nd movie, listen to the background music, I'm basically changing it midway into a game.

I remember you could do that in FataL Fury SpeciaL by entering a code while the game was paused.
I think it was A,B,C,D,A if I remember correctly..

finngamer

Big Bang Pro Wrestler
Verbatum said:
That's Fookin' RAD man! Thanks again for your hard work!

Sorry to sound ignorant, but what do you mean by "The other Fatalities"?

The generic fatalities. You know, the body splittings that sometimes happen at the end of a match, like in all previous SS's (well, save for SSV).

NeoLord

Neo-Geo FAQs Editor
This is excellent news! I think its time to purchase a copy of SSVS. :glee:

Thanks for the hard work, Raz!

Curt

apostate
Raz, those videos are incredibly cool, and it's actually the first time I've actually seen the UNI bios menu's IN ACTION... Count me in for Universe Bios 1.4!!!

RAZ :buttrock: :buttrock: :buttrock:

Moon Jump

Alfred Garcia's Butler
Awesome work Raz. Congrats on cracking it. And thanks to everybody that helped him get his hands on the game to crack it as well.

Abster

Dodgeball Yakuza
Renewed hope in the final AES release. So there IS light at the end of the tunnel. :glee:

Verbatum

Rugal's Panther
finngamer said:
The generic fatalities. You know, the body splittings that sometimes happen at the end of a match, like in all previous SS's (well, save for SSV).

Ah, yes, of course!

NeoGeo Hunter

Fio's Quartermaster
:crying: I'm totally freak out man on the successful come back of the fatalities done by razoola, and today we neos fans will remember its as a glory day for the neo-geo. BTW I think raz deserve to be called a "neo-geo hall of fame" :buttrock: so what you think guys. :lol:

Ok so Razoola, could you outline our choices to obtain the 1.4 UniBIOS?

I've heard that some download it to burn it ourselves, others just buy it from somebody. I'm sure you will cover all this when you are totally done with your 1.4 version ;)

Razoola

Divine Hand of the UniBIOS,
Staff member
20 Year Member
Once its ready you should be able to burn it yourself if you have a programmer, you should not be buying it off people apart from me unless your getting it with a modded system. People selling the bios seperately really should not be doing so- I have already had problems with a few people over this and have been contemplating delaying a download of the bios for a few weeks once its actually released to help stop this from happening.

The next version will not be 1.4 though, it will be 2.0

Raz

Electroman said:
Ok so Razoola, could you outline our choices to obtain the 1.4 UniBIOS?

I've heard that some download it to burn it ourselves, others just buy it from somebody. I'm sure you will cover all this when you are totally done with your 1.4 version ;)

galfordo

Analinguist of the Year
15 Year Member
Razoola said:
Once its ready you should be able to burn it yourself if you have a programmer, you should not be buying it off people apart from me unless your getting it with a modded system. People selling the bios seperately really should not be doing so- I have already had problems with a few people over this and have been contemplating delaying a download of the bios for a few weeks once its actually released to help stop this from happening.

The next version will not be 1.4 though, it will be 2.0

Raz

Not to be pushy ... :D, but can you give a rough date of when you might release the next revision of the uni-bios?

Razoola

Staff member
20 Year Member
There are still a couple of other things I need to check before a release is ready but Im hoping it won't take long to confirm them. I'm hoping though that It will be ready before people have the updated SSVS revision with partial fatals for example.

The nice thing about having the AES here (thanks again TGH) is that I have managed to fix a couple of other things that affected AES hardware that I noticed since actually having the hardware here. They are;

- Turning on the AES with no game in now results in being shown a blue screen, before you just saw nothing.

- During the fade in and out of the unibios splash screen those rogue green pixel strips are no longer visable.

Without having the AES I would have never known about that 2nd problem (no one ever mentioned it to me) and I wouldent have been able to check the problem stopping that first one from working right in v1.3.

I know I mentioned before that I may delay a binary release for a few weeks after I officially release the EPROM but another posibility is that I may make the binary release a little different from the original ones I supply on EPROM. It wouldent be anything major (both would have all features, cheats etc) but I could maybe add somehing so people would know they had an original or something that would make a Bios unique to them (hard coding serial numbers into the bios for example).

I havent decided anything for sure yet, this is only ideas floating around in my head at present.

Raz

massimiliano

ネオジオ,
20 Year Member
Allways more... ;)

Hi Raz, thanks for your amazing job!
I was thinking... just cause yu are already at work, why don't you give us a couple of new games too? ;)
ASO3 and NAM 2 for me could be enough...but also a better version of SVC Chaos should go.

Thanks!

Massi

P.s.
HAHHAhHaahHahahHA!!! :lol:
Thanks again for your job, really. ;)

Last edited:

Verbatum

Rugal's Panther
What I would like to know is if the "Fixed Carts" will still have the original Fatalities in them. Probobly not.

Last edited:

matsukaze

Kuroko's Training Dummy
donations

Razoola,

I really appreciate you doing this for all of us. It's absolutely amazing how much you accomplished in so little time. I just sent a donation for your work. Although I would like to see SS0S completely fixed for this revision, I hope you will continue working on it, even if it has to be finished on a later revision.

Matsukaze

Last edited:

Razoola

Staff member
20 Year Member
matsukaze said:
Razoola,

I really appreciate you doing this for all of us. It's absolutely amazing how much you accomplished in so little time. I just sent a donation for your work. Although I would like to see SS0S completely fixed for this revision, I hope you will continue working on it, even if it has to be finished on a later revision.

Matsukaze

Thanks alot for the donation, I will use this towards the return shipping of SSVS to the great hopper if it is more than what I have alreadt been given to return it.

I will be sure to continue working on the game to try and fix the remaining sound problem, but I think I really need a ROM dump for that one.

Regards, Raz

Hey Raz-

Can anything be done to your new UniBIOS to suppliment SNKP's later releases or has that been done already?

I ask b/c I was playing MS5 yesterday, and my thoughts of that mysterious turtle boss and the other thing in there made me think if UniBIOS may in any way, do anything for MS5 or other later games.

Razoola

Staff member
20 Year Member
its possible but I havent had any time to look at that one yet.

Raz

evo7_31

Geese's Thug
(off-topic):

Raz, has my item shipped yet?

Thanks for your great contribution to the community! I will be placing an order for the unfixed cart now, which I certainly wont have done without the Unibios.