SSVS AES fix info. FULL FATALITIES, SOUNDS FIXED. UniBios v2.0 now released.

No Means Yes

Banned
galfordo said:
I made a thread about this problem in the tech forums not too long ago, but it looks like it's popping up again.

For people with "mega modded" Neos, most of whom have their bios piggy-backed on the original bios, it seems like removing the whole thing (both stacked bios(es)) wouldn't be any tougher than just removing the original bios - and then a socket could be installed. However, most of these neos also have the stereo and S-vid mods, making it tricky just to completely remove the cover and have full access to the boards without disconnecting the wires for the mods.

Can anyone out there make an assessment as to the feasability of installing a socket on an already "mega modded" NGH system?

I forsaw this problem and had a similar concern. Kenny had this to say:
Private Message Response From Kenny Boy said:
Tom,

Your system's Debug Bios was stacked on the original. I could take the bios out & put a socket in it if you wanted.

Yes, I think the bios switch would still work 100%!

Talk to you soon,
Kpj

So, it seems installing a socket in an already mega modded NGH system (for someone who knows what they're doing at least) would not be a problem.

galfordo

Analinguist of the Year
15 Year Member
No Means Yes said:
So, it seems installing a socket in an already mega modded NGH system (for someone who knows what they're doing at least) would not be a problem.

That's a relief, thanks man. Looks like 2 of my AES might be headed back to the KPJ-meister .... thankfully, I just got my MVS unit to keep my company while they're away. :)

Honestly, I feel a little bit silly modifying 2 systems just to have access to a part of one game, but my love for the Neo has certainly seen me through other more idiotic actions.

Anyway, thanks for the good word sir.

I will likely piggyback the UniBIOS on top of the Debug BIOS, which is already on top of my stock US BIOS.

But if I see a need, I will socket mine up.

All in all, I will try not to let myself get my hopes up either.

One more qustion... will Raz's mods work the same on a bugged cart as well as a fixed cart? And if that's so, the best thing to do is to return the carts to SNKP anyway unless SNKP will do something nasty to the carts to prevent ALL hacking.

What do you guys think?

galfordo

Analinguist of the Year
15 Year Member
Electroman said:
One more qustion... will Raz's mods work the same on a bugged cart as well as a fixed cart? And if that's so, the best thing to do is to return the carts to SNKP anyway unless SNKP will do something nasty to the carts to prevent ALL hacking.

What do you guys think?

The general consensus seems to be NO on that one. With the bugged cart, SNKP basically admitted that the violence level (or "cruelty level" :rolleyes: ) is locked to 2 on the homecart. With the new "fixed" version, the rom chip(s) will most likely be removed and replaced with the new, "lessened" fatalities, and the old data will be lost entirely.

We'll have to wait for the word from Razoola to be sure of course, but that's what people have been saying, and it's what makes the most logical sense to me.

galfordo said:
The general consensus seems to be NO on that one. With the bugged cart, SNKP basically admitted that the violence level (or "cruelty level" :rolleyes: ) is locked to 2 on the homecart. With the new "fixed" version, the rom chip(s) will most likely be removed and replaced with the new, "lessened" fatalities, and the old data will be lost entirely.

We'll have to wait for the word from Razoola to be sure of course, but that's what people have been saying, and it's what makes the most logical sense to me.

As always, thanks for your informed and level-headed replies.

omnedon

Astra Superstar
It's already been said, but I'll re-iterate, there is nothing stopping you from getting a piggybacked modded Neo turned into a socketed BIOS neo. I'm positive kenny boy, and JMkurtz can do it, and I know I can.

That said, anyone who had their unit modded with a socket, and want to upgrade to any flavour of Uni BIOS, they should be very careful pulling the lid off of the unit. With the A/V jacks wired to the board, but connected to the upper case, it would be easy to tear out wires, forcing a trip to your friendly neighbourhood modder. basically, you'd need to open it like a book that you were opening from the back cover to the last page.

Gently. :) The socket and BIOS chip should be handled carefully as well. Bent pins can render a BIOS chip useless. Static is bad too.

Razoola

Divine Hand of the UniBIOS,
Staff member
20 Year Member
Its 8am and I'm up and about waiting for Mr Postman. The sun is shining and the birds are singing, its gonna be a good day I feel.

Raz

NeoCverA

RevQuixo. Who He?,
20 Year Member
Razoola said:
Its 8am and I'm up and about waiting for Mr Postman. The sun is shining and the birds are singing, its gonna be a good day I feel.

Raz

lol, you really know how to lay it on thick brother!

I wish you well bro.

galfordo

Analinguist of the Year
15 Year Member
lolz ... I <3 teh dr4m4.

Razoola,

I wish you like, Godspeed or something. Please put the smackdown on SNKP's monkey asses, and show them that we won't be oppressed like this. :(

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
00:26:13 [Razoola] the AES and stuff has arrived

Chat party time.

Razoola

Divine Hand of the UniBIOS,
Staff member
20 Year Member
Its almost 10am in the morning and Im now in the chat and preparing the first wave of attack.

Raz

evo7_31

Geese's Thug
03:54:15 [Razoola] I think I see the lock code now

04:01:50 [Razoola] I just cut basara in half (top half of body slid off of bottom half to the side).. is that a fatal ?

05:08:01 [Razoola] ok

05:08:15 [Razoola] looks like the fatals are unlocked

05:08:19 [Razoola]

05:08:36 [laurie]

05:08:38 [Razoola] I have tried a few different ones and that are all there

didn't take 2 hours for Raz to unlock the fatalities!!

Last edited:

SeaWolf69

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
Hah,

Attaboy Raz!! Looks like I'll be looking to buy another Uni Bios just for my AES system and buying one of the unfixed SSVS if your able to revive the fatalitites!!! Hopefully Shawn doesn't send all of them back?

Ralf501

Crossed Swords Squire
Here's what happened during the chat session.

[Razoola] ok, basara pulll under the ground and just a head pops up after lots of blood

Looks like the fatalities are there in it's uncut form.

finngamer

Big Bang Pro Wrestler
Ralf501 said:

[Razoola] ok, basara pulll under the ground and just a head pops up after lots of blood

I haven't been to chat. You're talking the truth? LET THE FESTIVITIES BEGIN!

Has Razoola seen the video of the Fatalities?

Curt

apostate
Ralf501 said:

Looks like Raz has ALREADY made Positive Progress...

I feel Congratulations are in order for Raz... for what he is doing to help "the scene."

finngamer

Big Bang Pro Wrestler
I think Shawn will not get to ship too many carts to SNKP. If everything goes as well as it has started, everyone who wants this game must buy it before the SNKP-fix. Maybe they won't remove the rest of the fatalities, true, but the risk is just too great.

I'd just like to see the faces of SNKP when they hear: "Apparently there has been a unified effort to unlock the fatalities in a website called neo-geo.com. And they have succeeded. Now we'll get sued by showing violence on a private home cart that was priced 359 $, and we'll get ripped apart by our Japanese customers who already received their half-assed fix."

Curt

apostate
From PHP chat... 3AM Pacific Standard time... ;)

05:08:01 [Razoola] ok

05:08:15 [Razoola] looks like the fatals are unlocked

05:08:19 [Razoola] :)

05:08:38 [Razoola] I have tried a few different ones and that are all there

05:09:20 [Razoola] the sound issue still happens though

05:09:37 [Razoola] and I havent tried fatals in aes mode yet either

Last edited:

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,

05:31:27 [Razoola] I need to walk dogs again now, I will look again when I get back

My Fav reply of the whole morning...

Ralf501

Crossed Swords Squire
finngamer said:
I think Shawn will not get to ship too many carts to SNKP. If everything goes as well as it has started, everyone who wants this game must buy it before the SNKP-fix. Maybe they won't remove the rest of the fatalities, true, but the risk is just too great.

I'd just like to see the faces of SNKP when they hear: "Apparently there has been a unified effort to unlock the fatalities in a website called neo-geo.com. And they have succeeded. Now we'll get sued by showing violence on a private home cart that was priced 359 $, and we'll get ripped apart by our Japanese customers who already received their half-assed fix."

We still have to wait and see regarding the sound glitches. They apparently are still present while in the MVS mode.
The sound data is all there including "ShoubuAri" and "Zetsumeishougi" (via Final Round) But for some reason the game doesn't access them when it's supposed to.
We don't know for sure if SNKP will remove all the body splitting when they perform the fixes. Maybe they won't even tamper with it but I don't see how they couldn't knowing that they are going to have to "create" the lessened fatalities the Zetsumei Ougi.
Anyway, it's still too early to speculate anything.
Raz is going to look into the sound glitch issues.

<in that ever familiar and disturbing butter-churning motion>
GO RAZZO! GO RAZZO! GO RAZZO!

This is indeed great news. Certainly have a reason now to try this UniBIOS that everyone's talked about now. Good job Raz, good luck with dealing with the sound issues and seeing if the fatalities are playable in AES mode too! :buttrock:

NeoGeo Hunter

Fio's Quartermaster
Will the legendary KJ Perry and JM Krutz, might be able to installed this on steriod uni-bios 13. :buttrock: can't wait to hear more info from RAZZ. :multi_co:

galfordo

Analinguist of the Year
15 Year Member
Wow .... looks like he already got them working. I'm just wondering if it's a complicated matter, or is it just as simple as getting the game to run in MVS mode or something like that? At any rate, this is great news. The sound glitch is a relatively minor problem IMO, when compared to the removal of the fatalities.