SSVS AES fix info. FULL FATALITIES, SOUNDS FIXED. UniBios v2.0 now released.

omnedon

Astra Superstar
Sounds like a decent fix, but not as good as having 'everything'. Censored is censored.

$350USD is a high price to pay for 'almost' the whole game.

Lupin

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
What we still nee to know is if the UniBios 2.0 will still give you the full fatalities w/ a fixed/modded cart.

Shito

King of Typists,
20 Year Member
omnedon said:
Sounds like a decent fix, but not as good as having 'everything'. Censored is censored.

$350USD is a high price to pay for 'almost' the whole game.

Word.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
lol

SNK should have just stopped, pulled the plug, after MotW.

this make me so sad.

k'_127

NeoGumby's Sycophant,
20 Year Member
Lupin said:
What we still need to know is if the UniBios 2.0 will still give you the full fatalities w/ a fixed/modded cart.

I'm also curious to know that. someone should send Raz a fixed cart.

SNK should have just stopped, pulled the plug, after MotW.

no. I liked the new KOFs a lot. MS5 was good enough to be added to the series. KOF 2003 showed that SNKP is capable of pulling what SNK could pull. Matrimeele is a welcome addition to the Neo.

sure SNKP IS lazy. but they're showing some improvement with each release. I'm upset that they have left the Neo.

(check out the general forum. I had some comments on Galfordo's "SSV is censored" thread regarding SSV)

finngamer

Big Bang Pro Wrestler
lithy said:
Only 27 unfixed carts left in the Neo Store, since that's probably the better version, I'm betting Shawn just wants to sell those out instead of send them back then get them back 'fixed' and try to sell them.

19 US and 3 JAP left... Get them before TonK buys them all, and starts up the hype machine...

galfordo

Analinguist of the Year
15 Year Member
finngamer said:
19 US and 3 JAP left... Get them before TonK buys them all, and starts up the hype machine...

lolz ... credit card LEVEL UP!!

*quirky Blazing Star round one music plays in the background*

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
k'_127 said:
I'm also curious to know that. someone should send Raz a fixed cart.

no. I liked the new KOFs a lot. MS5 was good enough to be added to the series. KOF 2003 showed that SNKP is capable of pulling what SNK could pull. Matrimeele is a welcome addition to the Neo.

sure SNKP IS lazy. but they're showing some improvement with each release. I'm upset that they have left the Neo.

(check out the general forum. I had some comments on Galfordo's "SSV is censored" thread regarding SSV)

In your opinion.

In mine, KoF 2000, 01, and 02 added nothing worthwhile. They were shameful at best. Even 99 was shitty IMO.

Matrimelee was one of the worst homecart productions because almost every cart sold was defective. Owners of the game know what I'm talking about. It glitched up and reset all the time.

Metal Slug? Come on. The only reason people cared about MS5 was the skyrocketting price tag. Otherwise, died after 3.

This is just my opinion.

finngamer

Big Bang Pro Wrestler
finngamer said:

JAP sold out! 18 US left.

(Ok, I'll stop updating this now.)

k'_127

NeoGumby's Sycophant,
20 Year Member
wasabi said:
In your opinion.

In mine, KoF 2000, 01, and 02 added nothing worthwhile. They were shameful at best. Even 99 was shitty IMO.

Matrimelee was one of the worst homecart productions because almost every cart sold was defective. Owners of the game know what I'm talking about. It glitched up and reset all the time.

Metal Slug? Come on. The only reason people cared about MS5 was the skyrocketting price tag. Otherwise, died after 3.

This is just my opinion.

ok here is how I look at it:

there two types of Neo-Geo games:

- games that are best played at home. alone or with a friend (Real Bout series). SNK were GODs with this type.

- games that are best played at arcades (KOF 2002). SNKP were excellent with this type. far better than any expectation.

SNK games are magical. you don't know why, but you just can't get enough with them. you just can get SS1 for example and play it everyday at home. the graphics, the atmosphere, gameplay, details, creativity, .... etc. all these were well put together in most SNK games. but .... I wouldn't play this kind of games at arcade (fighting or any other genre). KOF2000 was different. from all other SNK games. it didn't create the same magic that is found in the other games, but it sure fits well for the arcade competitve play. the problem was that it showed some flaws (infenites ... etc.).

and that's where SNKP continued from. they kept improving KOF's gampleay and took it to a higher level. but their games show laziness, and lack everything that made SNK games "special". however, I think they improved a little with the last few releases. especially, MS5 and KOF2003. KOF 2003 was a huge step forward in terms of graphics, BGs, ... etc., but they haven't captureed the SNK magic. I'm sure that with time, KOF will combine the past SNK glory with the great gameplay.

SNK managed to combine these 2 elements in some of their games. like KOF 98 and Last Blade.

I would never play any of the newer KOFs at home. even with my friend, who has some good skills with it. don't know why. it just the same way how "you" feel toward it. and I agree with you here. KOF 98 was the last KOF that is worth playing at home.

I also think the last SNKP Neo games were great. Matrimeele and MS5: I don't know why you didn't like them. sure they are not as great as older SNK's games, but they are good, IMO.

and just one more note, just because a fighting game has a deep gameplay engine, doesn't mean it plays good at arcade. take SS2 and Real Bout as examples.

finngamer

Big Bang Pro Wrestler
finngamer said:
JAP sold out! 18 US left.

(Ok, I'll stop updating this now.)

Whaa...? Now Shawn is just playing with his customers. Now there's 18 US and 18 JAP left. :spock:

Fran

today forever
20 Year Member
kof 99,2000,2001,2002 and 2003 "shitty"

matrimelee and slug 5 "great games"

?

lol

people say the darnest things...

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
k'_127 said:
and just one more note, just because a fighting game has a deep gameplay engine, doesn't mean it plays good at arcade. take SS2 and Real Bout as examples.

you lost me here. Both those games are great in both home and arcade.

NeoGeo Hunter

Fio's Quartermaster
This Fixed stuff crap has been post probably a hundred times already. My questions is when will the fixed aes carts be out for the neo-geo gamers to buy'em. :angry: Sorry for the attitude :angry:

k'_127

NeoGumby's Sycophant,
20 Year Member
Fran said:
kof 99,2000,2001,2002 and 2003 "shitty"

matrimelee and slug 5 "great games"

?

lol

people say the darnest things...

are you referring to me? I never said that. I said the new KOF's look ugly, but play great.

and I said, Matrimelee and MS5 were good, not great.

wasabi said:
you lost me here. Both those games are great in both home and arcade.

you mean you can still find those in arcades ? :eek_2:

yes, I might play RBS for few rounds, but only to get rid of the stress that I get when I play KOF. but I'm sure I don't want to play SS2 in arcades. I'm not saying you're wrong though, but I'm sure the majority would prefer playing SS2 at home rather than arcade.

Shito

King of Typists,
20 Year Member
k'_127 said:
I'm sure that with time, KOF will combine the past SNK glory with the great gameplay.

Ok, great dream, now you can open your eyes and face reality.

SNK has always been an arcade-based company, and NeoGeo has always been an arcade-based system.

But arcade days are gone. Bitmap artist are gone. That gaming generation and industry, are all gone.

In times, not only SNK but there were tons of cool software houses producing great arcade titles. Capcom, Konami, Sega, Namco, Kaneko, Irem, Toaplan, you name it. It was the Jamma golden age.

Now it's simply gone for good.

What remains now, it's just a mesmerized corpse of the glorious bitmap era, NeoGeo on top.

The magic is no way to come back. :(

finngamer

Big Bang Pro Wrestler
Shito said:
But arcade days are gone. Bitmap artist are gone. That gaming generation and industry, are all gone.

In times, not only SNK but there were tons of cool software houses producing great arcade titles. Capcom, Konami, Sega, Namco, Kaneko, Irem, Toaplan, you name it. It was the Jamma golden age.

Now it's simply gone for good.

What remains now, it's just a mesmerized corpse of the glorious bitmap era, NeoGeo on top.

The magic is no way to come back. :(

:crying:

Late

Reichsf?rer-Finnland,
20 Year Member
k'_127 said:
are you referring to me? I never said that. I said the new KOF's look ugly, but play great.

and I said, Matrimelee and MS5 were good, not great.

you mean you can still find those in arcades ? :eek_2:

yes, I might play RBS for few rounds, but only to get rid of the stress that I get when I play KOF. but I'm sure I don't want to play SS2 in arcades. I'm not saying you're wrong though, but I'm sure the majority would prefer playing SS2 at home rather than arcade.

Why apologize ?

galfordo

Analinguist of the Year
15 Year Member
Just got my 2 AES systems back - modded with uni-bios 2.0

Suija's fatality = :buttrock:

The addition of all the other generic fatalities also really adds a fair amount to the game. They're just cut scenes, but it just doesn't seem right without 'em.

Seijuro Hiko

Camel Slug
galfordo said:
Just got my 2 AES systems back - modded with uni-bios 2.0

Suija's fatality = :buttrock:

The addition of all the other generic fatalities also really adds a fair amount to the game. They're just cut scenes, but it just doesn't seem right without 'em.

That means you got the uncensored fatalities with modded SS0S?! :loco:

galfordo

Analinguist of the Year
15 Year Member
Seijuro Hiko said:
That means you got the uncensored fatalities with modded SS0S?! :loco:

No - My game is unmodded. My systems were modded to include the Uni-Bios 2.0 (which allows fatalities to be seen). If you use the "fixed" version of SSVS, I'm pretty sure that the fatalities were altered to be less violent (although we'll have to wait for the "fixed" copies to make it back to the Neostore to be absolutely sure).

Kpj

Larfleeze, Wielder of the Orange Light. , formerly
galfordo said:
No - My game is unmodded. My systems were modded to include the Uni-Bios 2.0 (which allows fatalities to be seen). If you use the "fixed" version of SSVS, I'm pretty sure that the fatalities were altered to be less violent (although we'll have to wait for the "fixed" copies to make it back to the Neostore to be absolutely sure).

I just got word from a member that had his system modded with a Uni-Bios 2.0 & a "fixed" SS5S. He says that the fatalities do NOT work. There is more blood than before, but the fatalities are still censored using the Uni-Bios.

evasyar

Genjuro's Frog,
Kenny Boy said:
I just got word from a member that had his system modded with a Uni-Bios 2.0 & a "fixed" SS5S. He says that the fatalities do NOT work. There is more blood than before, but the fatalities are still censored using the Uni-Bios.

that is so discouraging... all this trouble just to attempt the unaltered SSVS experience the way it should be. damn fekking censorship :blow_top:

getting snkp to finally bend the censorship protocol is like frank gifford asking bootie from kathy lee...

so now greddy mutherfekkers will jackup the "unaltered" SSVS aes carts out there... :shame: