SSVS AES fix info. FULL FATALITIES, SOUNDS FIXED. UniBios v2.0 now released.

Razoola

Divine Hand of the UniBIOS,
Staff member
20 Year Member
As many of you probably already know ( see last few pages of http://www.neo-geo.com/forums/showthread.php?t=96071&page=7&pp=25 for more info ) I will shortly be looking at fixing the fatalities using the original released SSVS AES cart. All this has been made possilbe by the lending of an AES + SSVS cart to myself by the great hopper and kind donations from others to help cover the posting.

The current status is the package is on its way to me. While I await for it to arrive (all going well that will be on Friday Morning) I have started getting a custom BIOS ready to get the needed info from the cart. There are actually a few things I need to do for UNIVERSE BIOS compatibility and because a dump of the game has not surfaced I'll need to do everything while I have the equipment on loan. Things needed are;

1) Find the correct values and port needed to allow the Jukebox player to play music correctly from power on.

2) Take out the protection that stops the game running in Arcade mode on the AES (with the debug bios for example).

3) Unlock fatalities.

4) Add Some cheats for the game.

5) Add CRC info from the games P ROM's

Although this stuff may sound hard to some people if I actually had a dump of the game I could do it very easily. Because this hasent happened we are gonna do it direct from the cart with the AES showing relevant info on screen. Its going to be harder this way but hopefully almost as easy (all going well).

Because of the interest in getting the fatalities issue fixed (and the urgency) I'm actually going to do stuff while i'm connected to the chat room of these forums. It will be a great way for people to keep tab of things while they happen and will probably be a laugh at the same time :) Also I think any related info on progress will now be in this thread and not in the SSVS dumped thread.

Raz

Last edited:

Razoola

Staff member
20 Year Member
Just got an update on the package tracking from http://www.posti.fi/english/consumers/ and the package is now in Finland :)

05.08.2004, 14:54 Item in sorting
01010 POSTIN LOGISTIIKKAKESKUS
05.08.2004, 11:25 Item has arrived in Finland
01000 HKI VANTAA, ULKOMAANTERMINAALI
04.08.2004, 23:32 Departured to Finland
01000 ULKOMAAT
04.08.2004, 17:06 Posted from country of departure
01000 ULKOMAAT

Things are looking good for it to be here tomorrow morning.

Raz

FTL

AES Price Guide Analyst, International Moderator,
Staff member
I'll stick the topic to be best viewed by all interested.

thegreathopper

NAM-75 Vet
20 Year Member
Good

This is good news Raz I hope you do get it tommorrow........ :)

Razoola said:
Just got an update on the package tracking from http://www.posti.fi/english/consumers/ and the package is now in Finland :)

05.08.2004, 14:54 Item in sorting
01010 POSTIN LOGISTIIKKAKESKUS
05.08.2004, 11:25 Item has arrived in Finland
01000 HKI VANTAA, ULKOMAANTERMINAALI
04.08.2004, 23:32 Departured to Finland
01000 ULKOMAAT
04.08.2004, 17:06 Posted from country of departure
01000 ULKOMAAT

Things are looking good for it to be here tomorrow morning.

Raz

Razoola

Staff member
20 Year Member
Its looking very good for a delivery in the morning now, the package is in my home city as of 22.24 Thursday evening.

Raz

omnedon

Astra Superstar
And it's 2 pm Thursday here! TIME WARP!

At this rate we may know the answer yesterday!! :eek:

Blue Steel

previously "bubu_X"
Sounds great! Good luck buddy! I will be checking in all day tomorrow, really excited about this!

finngamer

Big Bang Pro Wrestler
SnairDogg said:
Sounds great! Good luck buddy! I will be checking in all day tomorrow, really excited about this!

I think I'll make some popcorn for the next few evenings... This'll be like watching a Hitchcock movie. :D

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
8am is mail time apparently for Raz...so 1am EST I think I'll stay up just to see the beginning ;)

Blue Steel

previously "bubu_X"
lithy said:
8am is mail time apparently for Raz...so 1am EST I think I'll stay up just to see the beginning ;)
I'll definitely be up...popcorn is a good idea...can't wait...everyone pray this works out.

Kazuki Dash

Samurai Shodown Swordsmith
great news Raz, and like a true pro you're staying cool as ice while the rest of us are on pins and needles...
:buttrock:

omnedon

Astra Superstar
Raz's Uni BIOS is the way of the future for All neo owners, in my opinion.

galfordo

Analinguist of the Year
15 Year Member
The lone drama wolves are back again .... dream dr4m4 nEvaR ends!

:multi_co: :multi_co: :multi_co: :buttrock: :buttrock:

P.S. I'll be up too, lolz.

Amano Jacu

Charles Barkley
I'm wondering how many people are going to have the unibios installed in their AES just for this... It is not easy to do so.

omnedon

Astra Superstar
Get you BIOS done properly with a socket the first time, and all upgrades after that are easy, user doable. :glee:

Kazuki Dash

wish I'd known that back when my AES was modded...
:confused:

but I'm sure I could get someone to do the work with the right financial motivation, no?
:D

Verbatum

Rugal's Panther
Man Raz, if this works, you're gonna have a TON of Neo's showing up at your house!

galfordo

Analinguist of the Year
15 Year Member
I made a thread about this problem in the tech forums not too long ago, but it looks like it's popping up again.

For people with "mega modded" Neos, most of whom have their bios piggy-backed on the original bios, it seems like removing the whole thing (both stacked bios(es)) wouldn't be any tougher than just removing the original bios - and then a socket could be installed. However, most of these neos also have the stereo and S-vid mods, making it tricky just to completely remove the cover and have full access to the boards without disconnecting the wires for the mods.

Can anyone out there make an assessment as to the feasability of installing a socket on an already "mega modded" NGH system?

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Verbatum said:
Man Raz, if this works, you're gonna have a TON of Neo's showing up at your house!

Nah because Raz doesn't do the mod work ;) he'll only sell the unibios.

Kazuki Dash

galfordo said:
I made a thread about this problem in the tech forums not too long ago, but it looks like it's popping up again.

For people with "mega modded" Neos, most of whom have their bios piggy-backed on the original bios, it seems like removing the whole thing (both stacked bios(es)) wouldn't be any tougher than just removing the original bios - and then a socket could be installed. However, most of these neos also have the stereo and S-vid mods, making it tricky just to completely remove the cover and have full access to the boards without disconnecting the wires for the mods.

Can anyone out there make an assessment as to the feasability of installing a socket on an already "mega modded" NGH system?

wow, good thing I haven't gotten around to anything other than the BIOS Mod yet...
:)

but if this whole project comes through, I'll prolly get the works for my AES...
:multi_co: