Page 1 of 12 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: SSVS AES fix info. FULL FATALITIES, SOUNDS FIXED. UniBios v2.0 now released.

Divine Hand of the UniBIOS

icon28.gif SSVS AES fix info. FULL FATALITIES, SOUNDS FIXED. UniBios v2.0 now released.

As many of you probably already know ( see last few pages of http://www.neo-geo.com/forums/showth...1&page=7&pp=25 for more info ) I will shortly be looking at fixing the fatalities using the original released SSVS AES cart. All this has been made possilbe by the lending of an AES + SSVS cart to myself by the great hopper and kind donations from others to help cover the posting.

The current status is the package is on its way to me. While I await for it to arrive (all going well that will be on Friday Morning) I have started getting a custom BIOS ready to get the needed info from the cart. There are actually a few things I need to do for UNIVERSE BIOS compatibility and because a dump of the game has not surfaced I'll need to do everything while I have the equipment on loan. Things needed are;

1) Find the correct values and port needed to allow the Jukebox player to play music correctly from power on.

2) Take out the protection that stops the game running in Arcade mode on the AES (with the debug bios for example).

3) Unlock fatalities.

4) Add Some cheats for the game.

5) Add CRC info from the games P ROM's

Although this stuff may sound hard to some people if I actually had a dump of the game I could do it very easily. Because this hasent happened we are gonna do it direct from the cart with the AES showing relevant info on screen. Its going to be harder this way but hopefully almost as easy (all going well).

Because of the interest in getting the fatalities issue fixed (and the urgency) I'm actually going to do stuff while i'm connected to the chat room of these forums. It will be a great way for people to keep tab of things while they happen and will probably be a laugh at the same time Also I think any related info on progress will now be in this thread and not in the SSVS dumped thread.

Raz
    Last edited by Razoola; 08-22-2004 at 03:23 AM.
    THE UNIVERSE BIOS ( MVS / AES, and now also for CD )
    www.universebios.com. Also on facebook, please like http://www.facebook.com/UniverseBios.

Chat is gonna be busy
    All creature will die and all the things will be broken.

Neo Geo Dip Switch wiki page

Quote Originally Posted by SonGohan View Post
    I didn't even talk about how you live in a shack and shit in the fucking forest.
    I mean, at least I didn't say your wife should divorce you or comment on your need to play RE while shitting or whatever else was said.

DASH DARK ANDY K

hell yeah, damn the man, crack that shit open!
    MERGED ACCOUNT, SEMI DEFUNCT

Just got an update on the package tracking from http://www.posti.fi/english/consumers/ and the package is now in Finland

05.08.2004, 14:54 Item in sorting
    01010 POSTIN LOGISTIIKKAKESKUS
    05.08.2004, 11:25 Item has arrived in Finland
    01000 HKI VANTAA, ULKOMAANTERMINAALI
    04.08.2004, 23:32 Departured to Finland
    01000 ULKOMAAT
    04.08.2004, 17:06 Posted from country of departure
    01000 ULKOMAAT

Things are looking good for it to be here tomorrow morning.

Raz
    www.universebios.com. Also on facebook, please like http://www.facebook.com/UniverseBios.

AES Price Guide Analyst
    International Moderator

I'll stick the topic to be best viewed by all interested.

Camel Slug

*chews fingernails while staring at screen*
    WTB broken AES's, controllers, AC adapters, orphaned Neo stuff!

Great to deal with: Insaneclown, NexWave, Maxlords, lithy, NeoBob, johnkiddier, JMKurtz, Tung Fu Rue, Joe McCabe, BIG BEAR, Razoola, Star Phoenix

For ALL of your videogame and iPod repair or modification service needs: http://www.oldschoolgamer.com/

icon15.gif Good

This is good news Raz I hope you do get it tommorrow........

Quote Originally Posted by Razoola
    Just got an update on the package tracking from http://www.posti.fi/english/consumers/ and the package is now in Finland

05.08.2004, 14:54 Item in sorting
    01010 POSTIN LOGISTIIKKAKESKUS
    05.08.2004, 11:25 Item has arrived in Finland
    01000 HKI VANTAA, ULKOMAANTERMINAALI
    04.08.2004, 23:32 Departured to Finland
    01000 ULKOMAAT
    04.08.2004, 17:06 Posted from country of departure
    01000 ULKOMAAT

Things are looking good for it to be here tomorrow morning.

Raz
    Fight war not wars.

Rugal's Panther

Let us know how it goes, and thanks!

Its looking very good for a delivery in the morning now, the package is in my home city as of 22.24 Thursday evening.

Raz

Camel Slug

And it's 2 pm Thursday here! TIME WARP!

At this rate we may know the answer yesterday!!

Great to deal with: Insaneclown, NexWave, Maxlords, lithy, NeoBob, johnkiddier, JMKurtz, Tung Fu Rue, Joe McCabe, BIG BEAR, Razoola, Star Phoenix

For ALL of your videogame and iPod repair or modification service needs: http://www.oldschoolgamer.com/

previously "bubu_X"

Sounds great! Good luck buddy! I will be checking in all day tomorrow, really excited about this!

Sakura's Bank Manager

Quote Originally Posted by SnairDogg
    Sounds great! Good luck buddy! I will be checking in all day tomorrow, really excited about this!
    I think I'll make some popcorn for the next few evenings... This'll be like watching a Hitchcock movie.

8am is mail time apparently for Raz...so 1am EST I think I'll stay up just to see the beginning

I didn't even talk about how you live in a shack and shit in the fucking forest.
    I mean, at least I didn't say your wife should divorce you or comment on your need to play RE while shitting or whatever else was said.

previously "bubu_X"

Quote Originally Posted by lithy
    8am is mail time apparently for Raz...so 1am EST I think I'll stay up just to see the beginning
    I'll definitely be up...popcorn is a good idea...can't wait...everyone pray this works out.

Ralfredacc's Worst Nightmare

History in the making...........

Samurai Shodown Swordsmith

great news Raz, and like a true pro you're staying cool as ice while the rest of us are on pins and needles...

"All carts you will buy and all bank accounts will be broken, that is the law of the NEO."

Camel Slug

Raz's Uni BIOS is the way of the future for All neo owners, in my opinion.

Analinguist of the Year galfordo's Avatar

icon24.gif

The lone drama wolves are back again .... dream dr4m4 nEvaR ends!

P.S. I'll be up too, lolz.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wes
    Galfordo really is the best member of this site.
    Quote Originally Posted by NeoTheranthrope View Post
    I want to disagree... but:
    1. Not everyone can be Galfordo (me, for instance.), but maybe... Galfordo is the hero our nation deserves.
    Quote Originally Posted by LoneSage View Post
    I would vote for galfordo over any candidate.

We be chillin'

I'm wondering how many people are going to have the unibios installed in their AES just for this... It is not easy to do so.

Camel Slug

Get you BIOS done properly with a socket the first time, and all upgrades after that are easy, user doable.

wish I'd known that back when my AES was modded...

but I'm sure I could get someone to do the work with the right financial motivation, no?

"All carts you will buy and all bank accounts will be broken, that is the law of the NEO."

Rugal's Panther

Man Raz, if this works, you're gonna have a TON of Neo's showing up at your house!

Analinguist of the Year galfordo's Avatar

Question

I made a thread about this problem in the tech forums not too long ago, but it looks like it's popping up again.

For people with "mega modded" Neos, most of whom have their bios piggy-backed on the original bios, it seems like removing the whole thing (both stacked bios(es)) wouldn't be any tougher than just removing the original bios - and then a socket could be installed. However, most of these neos also have the stereo and S-vid mods, making it tricky just to completely remove the cover and have full access to the boards without disconnecting the wires for the mods.

Can anyone out there make an assessment as to the feasability of installing a socket on an already "mega modded" NGH system?
    Quote Originally Posted by Wes
    Galfordo really is the best member of this site.
    Quote Originally Posted by NeoTheranthrope View Post
    I want to disagree... but:
    1. Not everyone can be Galfordo (me, for instance.), but maybe... Galfordo is the hero our nation deserves.
    Quote Originally Posted by LoneSage View Post
    I would vote for galfordo over any candidate.

We be chillin'

Quote Originally Posted by Verbatum
    Man Raz, if this works, you're gonna have a TON of Neo's showing up at your house!
    Nah because Raz doesn't do the mod work he'll only sell the unibios.

Quote Originally Posted by galfordo
    I made a thread about this problem in the tech forums not too long ago, but it looks like it's popping up again.

For people with "mega modded" Neos, most of whom have their bios piggy-backed on the original bios, it seems like removing the whole thing (both stacked bios(es)) wouldn't be any tougher than just removing the original bios - and then a socket could be installed. However, most of these neos also have the stereo and S-vid mods, making it tricky just to completely remove the cover and have full access to the boards without disconnecting the wires for the mods.

Can anyone out there make an assessment as to the feasability of installing a socket on an already "mega modded" NGH system?
    wow, good thing I haven't gotten around to anything other than the BIOS Mod yet...

but if this whole project comes through, I'll prolly get the works for my AES...

Thread Information