Recall info for SSVS AES

Shawn

snkusa.com
SNK Playmore has authorized a recall of all Samurai Shodown V Special (Samurai Spirits 0 Special) home cartridges. This recall will involve bug fixes and the addition of fatalities. For full details please carefully review the recall instructions page.

I will check this thread periodically and try to answer relevant questions and will update the RECALL FAQ (located at bottom of above link) shortly after.

Dallas_Five

Terry Bogard's Taylor
wow, you've hooked it up Shawn. I'm sure everyone who has bought ssvs is grateful for the Neostore acting as an intermediary between Playmore and fighting game fans all over the world. What a pain in the ass this must be...

i haven't been following the other recall thread, so pardon me if this question has been asked: is the Neostore going to carry fixed carts in the future, or is this still undecided?

Eliza

Mickey's Coach
Shawn said:
SNK Playmore has authorized a recall of all Samurai Shodown V Special (Samurai Spirits 0 Special) home cartridges. This recall will involve bug fixes and the addition of fatalities. For full details please carefully review the recall instructions page.

I will check this thread periodically and try to answer relevant questions and will update the RECALL FAQ (located at bottom of above link) shortly after.

Sir, when can we order the fixed version from the store? Thank you

Last edited:

Shawn

snkusa.com
is the Neostore going to carry fixed carts in the future, or is this still undecided?

All of the NeoStore’s remaining new stock of SSVS (English & Japanese version) home carts will be returned to SNKP for reprogramming.

Sir! when can we order the fixed version from the store. Thank you

Preorders for the “fixed version” will be considered. For now, the processing of this recall is top priority.

Alex0916

Bling kills, but...,
Shawn,

What if you don't want a fixed cart is it possible to get your money back?

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
This is unbelievably amazing news for everyone. I honestly didn't think it was possible... It's great news for MVS users as well, because now all the AES collectors won't be buying up the limited number of MVS carts to make conversions or play with a Phantom or something. Very happy.

omnedon

Astra Superstar
Good news.

the lessened fatalities makes it not fantastic news. No doubt you did your very best Shawn, and I appreciate it.

Dean

Choi's Clawmaker
It's definitely great, if not amazing news that the recall is happening at all.

Thanks in no small part to the herculean efforts of Shawn. I hope everyone appreciates the effort this man put into this.

Thank you Shawn!

Curt

apostate
Thanks for doing this Shawn... :buttrock: :buttrock: :buttrock:

I am sad about the "lessened "Fatalaities" though...

That damn Nevada chick (The Nagasaki Incident) messed up our last homecart... (with some help from SNKP)

Atleast SNKP shows it cares about its fans.

Shawn

snkusa.com

If you are unhappy with your current version of SSVS/SS0S AES that you purchased from the NeoStore, and you do not wish to participate in this recall, then please refer to the return policies page.
http://www.neostore.com/store/policy.asp

the lessened fatalities makes it not fantastic news. No doubt you did your very best Shawn, and I appreciate it.

Thanks for your understanding. I most definitely did not want to settle with lessened fatalities and seriously did try my best efforts to arrange for fatalities in their complete and original form. Hopefully the “lessened fatalities” will only be missing instances of decapitations and such. I can understand SNKP’s decision when looking at the situation from their perspective, and they really are trying hard to please the fans (as you can see with this full recall).

Of course it’s not too late for SNKP to change their decision, but very unlikely. Since they have already begun reprogramming Japanese version AES for other customers, they would not want another version with complete fatalities available elsewhere (would cause incomplete version customers to desire the complete version).

lemonflav

Windjammers Wonder
20 Year Member
When you say "reprogram" does that mean they have to open up the cart and crease the sticker? God knows I hate the damn crease..

Do we have to pay for shipping back?

If you do accept games from NCS, will Susan or Peter let you know that we bought from them or do we have to dig up our packing slip?

Thanks.

Razoola

Divine Hand of the UniBIOS,
Staff member
20 Year Member
Shawn said:
Thanks for your understanding. I most definitely did not want to settle with lessened fatalities and seriously did try my best efforts to arrange for fatalities in their complete and original form. Hopefully the “lessened fatalities” will only be missing instances of decapitations and such. I can understand SNKP’s decision when looking at the situation from their perspective, and they really are trying hard to please the fans (as you can see with this full recall).

Of course it’s not too late for SNKP to change their decision, but very unlikely. Since they have already begun reprogramming Japanese version AES for other customers, they would not want another version with complete fatalities available elsewhere (would cause incomplete version customers to desire the complete version).

It is surely possible for them to add a full fatal unlock via a code or something. The way they seem to be going about it will maybe mean that people with the original release will be able to have full fatalities (with a new unibios installed once released) but people who get a fixed cart will be stuck with the fatals they give and a unibios probably wont help any to get the others. I do stress that this is guessing at present and it may be that no unibios will help on any cart version but it does seem its what will happen given my knowledge on how they go about adding these things.

Raz

Verbatum

Rugal's Panther
What I want to know is:

Can we buy fixed versions?

Any Idea Shawn?

Thanks as always!

Galford EX

n00b
I'm glad I waited...

Yeesh...first SNK censors the game and now they won't even fix the fatalaties back to the original AES form? I'm glad I waited this one out at $359 a pop. Yeesh! If SNK does the same thing to the PS2 and Xbox versions, they are going to be losing a ton of sales and might just find themselves back at camp bankruptcy.

thegreathopper

NAM-75 Vet
20 Year Member
Refund for sold as undescibed goods..

I have checked the return policy below, does this mean you will credit the full amount of the game as they are doing in Japan....
Thanks...
I do not want an edited game I would prefer a refund.....

Shawn said:

If you are unhappy with your current version of SSVS/SS0S AES that you purchased from the NeoStore, and you do not wish to participate in this recall, then please refer to the return policies page.
http://www.neostore.com/store/policy.asp

4.The wrong product was received - We are careful to check and recheck every shipment. If you ever receive the wrong product please e-mail sales@neo-geo.com explaining the situation and we will quickly replace the product correctly and credit back the freight cost of your original shipment

HYDEMe

n00b
Hmmm, not so much a question as an observation. Since the unsold/on hold stock Shawn has will be going back to SNK for reprogramming, does this mean that all "sealed" copies will now be opened? In other words, if you decide to buy a copy once he receives them back, the game is now technically used, since they are reprogramming existing carts. What sort of condition guarantee is there for anyone who orders a cart once they return? Scuffs, marks, creases etc are all valid concerns. Sorry to sound like a stickler, but for $359, there's a legit reason to want minty fresh.

As for the whole fatality debacle... I can't believe they think kids, or anyone who could be considered "impressionable" could afford this game to even 'see' the fatalities. I just don't get it. Meanwhile, MK-Deception and various other excessively gory (and far more realistic) games will come out, droves of under 18 kids will manage to get these M rated games for $50 or less and, shock!, nothing adverse will come of it - yet grown adults who've supported a very niche platform get the pickle.

Nice.

My purchase was a slam dunk if they started shipping complete carts... now I have to think a bit more. A shame, as the SS series is by far my favorite Neo series. Not a way to go out. Thanks to Shawn however for the fight he put up.

Shawn

snkusa.com
When you say "reprogram" does that mean they have to open up the cart and crease the sticker? God knows I hate the damn crease..

They would need to open the cartridge case in order to access the chips. 90% of home cartridge repairs sent to SNKP will result in a creased cartridge sticker at the plastic seem.

Do we have to pay for shipping back?

No. Return shipping cost from NG.com (Memphis, TN) to you will not be your responsibility.

If you do accept games from NCS, will Susan or Peter let you know that we bought from them or do we have to dig up our packing slip?

An arrangement will probably be made so that all NCS customers can ship directly to Neo-Geo.com. A decision will be updated on the recall page soon (a couple days). For now, this recall instruction page only involves customers who ordered through the NeoStore. In the even that NCS’s returns are accepted, it would definitely help if you included a copy of your packing slip (invoice).

I have checked the return policy below, does this mean you will credit the full amount of the game as they are doing in Japan....Thanks...I do not want an edited game I would prefer a refund.....

thegreathopper, you were sent the correct item. If you feel that you were cheated because of the missing fatalities, it may be worth your time to give this recall a try.

I feel your pain in having the lessened fatalities, but considering that nearly 1 month has passed since you ordered and no complaint was received until now, it is safe to say that your return would fall under this category:

I ordered and received the correct product, but changed my mind - If we have completed our job flawlessly on our end, but you change your mind due to customs fees, didn't like game, or any other personal reason, you will be charged a 20% restocking fee for returns under this category. Understand that we cannot be responsible for customs fees charged by foreign governments, but we always try to help our customers out by declaring low values for overseas orders. Return freight and liability will be the responsibility of the customer.

What sort of condition guarantee is there for anyone who orders a cart once they return? Scuffs, marks, creases etc are all valid concerns. Sorry to sound like a stickler, but for $359, there's a legit reason to want minty fresh.

Of course I would hope that all remaining stock would be returned in mint/new condition. Unfortunately, they would need to open the cartridge case in order to access the chips. 90% of home cartridge repairs sent to SNKP will result in a creased cartridge sticker at the plastic seem. Additional scuffs and scratches created at the factory are also a possibility.

Can we buy fixed versions?

All of the NeoStore’s remaining new stock of SSVS (English & Japanese version) home carts will be returned to SNKP for reprogramming. Preorders for the “fixed version” will be considered.

Dampfwalze

Armored Scrum Object,
20 Year Member
First I'd like to thank you for your efforts in convincing Playmore that the fix should also be available for their international customers. But there are some things that bug me:
1. The high possibility that the cartridge will show marks of the opening process.
2. Still no adult version of the game yet the NeoGeo is everything but a kiddie console.
3. I'm very busy at the moment and can't drive to our local post office in time before they close. It's possible that my cartridge won't arrive to you by August 18th.

Maybe I will instead buy a fixed game directly from the Neo Store.
If you could give me a special price (no shipping costs e.g.) that would be great. :buttrock:
US or Jap doesn't matter.

Temjin

B. Jenet's Firstmate
Razoola said:
It is surely possible for them to add a full fatal unlock via a code or something. The way they seem to be going about it will maybe mean that people with the original release will be able to have full fatalities (with a new unibios installed once released) but people who get a fixed cart will be stuck with the fatals they give and a unibios probably wont help any to get the others. I do stress that this is guessing at present and it may be that no unibios will help on any cart version but it does seem its what will happen given my knowledge on how they go about adding these things.

Raz

What a dilemma... I can see it now, if a new unibios fixes the fatalities of the unfixed carts, in a few months ebay idiots starts selling them for 1000$ stating that they are "unmodified with fatalities with the help of a unibios"!!!
Reprogramed carts will be less sought after than the bugged ones by collectors! :loco:

Viewpoint

Art of Typing Wiz, , ,
20 Year Member
I'm curious tho. Did SNKP actually ask you to pay anything for this recall or are they actually eating up all the costs since it was their own mistakes that brought this about.

Shawn

snkusa.com
3. I'm very busy at the moment and can't drive to our local post office in time before they close. It's possible that my cartridge won't arrive to you by August 18th.

Send by a faster service such as EMS (4 to 7 days), and you should be fine. Remember, you are being reimbursed for your shipping cost, so no need to send by a slower method such as surface mail.

I'm curious tho. Did SNKP actually ask you to pay anything for this recall or are they actually eating up all the costs since it was their own mistakes that brought this about.

Taken from the recall instructions page:
“all shipping charges (see details below) will be covered by SNK PLAYMORE.”
”For this recall, you will be reimbursed (by courtesy of SNK Playmore) for your shipping cost when sending your return to Neo-Geo.com.”

SNKP is basically covering all shipping charges related to this recall.

tbogard99

New Challenger
I can't believe this BS. Lessened Fatalities?! WTF Why does Playmore bother to do this recall if they are not going to give us the correct version of the game? These "Lessened Fatalities" will probably turn out like the MK1 fatalities for the SNES, and be lame as hell. I paid $360 to get the arcade experience at home and Playmore pulls this cencorship crap as if we were a bunch of 6 year olds buying and playing this game. F*** Playmore, they just lost a customer of 10 years that has dumped a lot of money into that company over those 10 years. Thanks for trying Shawn but their resolution is still not acceptable to me. I'll keep my cart the way it is and hope for the true MVS version to get unlocked with the next uni bios. If that doesn't happen, oh well.

Ralf501

Crossed Swords Squire
Shawn: Is it still possible to purchase the "unfixed" version from your current inventory before they are sent back to SNKP? If so, how do I go about placing an order for it?

BIG BEAR

SHOCKbox Developer,
20 Year Member
tbogard99 said:
I can't believe this BS. Lessened Fatalities?! WTF Why does Playmore bother to do this recall if they are not going to give us the correct version of the game? These "Lessened Fatalities" will probably turn out like the MK1 fatalities for the SNES, and be lame as hell. I paid $360 to get the arcade experience at home and Playmore pulls this cencorship crap as if we were a bunch of 6 year olds buying and playing this game. F*** Playmore, they just lost a customer of 10 years that has dumped a lot of money into that company over those 10 years. Thanks for trying Shawn but their resolution is still not acceptable to me. I'll keep my cart the way it is and hope for the true MVS version to get unlocked with the next uni bios. If that doesn't happen, oh well.

I'm thhinking it would be much easier for SNKP to just run off about 1500 NEW reprogrammed copies rather than TAINT the current stock..
I applaud the effort but the decision I would only accept is ALL or nothing.
This is a situation where the distributer and customer was just decieved and now they want to perform a partial fix??
SNKP is completely negligent in what they did...
Well,folks that don't mind have an option....if there is any positive here
-BB