Match Vids

SonGohan

Made of Wood
20 Year Member
Lord Wolfgang Krauser said:
Sounds like fun.

My favorite groove is now P groove, been practicing with Ken. I really like him in this. Parrying is bad ass to.
I love this groove man. Funny that I hate A groove so much. Do people whore that groove online?

P Groove is real fun. The only thing with me is that I center my P Groove game around characters with hops instead of dashes, but there are certain cases like Ryu and Ken that I use because they're so good in P. If I'm playing P Groove, my team usually consists of Kim, Kyo, R2 Terry. P Groove solves a lot of Terry's problems (anti-air, and being able to counter quick recovery specials/normals, etc plus it he has a good hop to crossup a grounded opponent).

I really don't like A Groove either. More people whore that groove than you'd think, though. I don't know how many A Groove Bison/Rolento/Sakura teams I've faced. Being caught in Ken's f+HK cc is the most retarded thing to watch. There are certain S Groove players, but you won't find many of them. I like playing S, but it's so hard to center your game around a laggy connection. You'll probably be playing in the arcades though, so you won't have that problem.

On a side note: The other night I parried a whole level 3 Sonic Hurricane. I was jumping in on the guy, preparing to parry a c.HP or flash kick, but once I saw the super sparkle come out I knew I was going to try for it - and I succeeded. I'll tell you man, I haven't felt that good about my game in a long time since that happened. I really love P Groove, but it's a shame that my only way to play real competition is online, so lag throws my parry game off 70% of the time :crying:

Also, if you're playing the Xbox version, there's super cancels in P Groove.

JHendrix

Jello Pudding Pop, Y'know? Like that whole Bill C
Fran said:
songohan / lwk :

ok,maybe i was being a little too harsh

but there's still some truth in what i wrote

maybe i dont like evo for what it represents ( in my mind )

dumbasses from shoryuken come like that alex valle dude

a really mediocre player

how can you be shit after 10 + years,i wonder...

you always use goddamn RYU and you suck at super x,zero 3,third strike

and he's the kind of person that probably hates snk,because,lets face it...

97 % of americans are like that...

but i bet he thinks he's really good in his mind...

it's just really sad,and sad things make me all bitter and stuff

LOL! No offense but that just made me laugh. Dunno exactly why.

Anyway I don't think you can call Alex Valle is a crap player, even by Japanese standards he's very good. The saddest thing I'm sure to you is that Justin Wong (MvC2 world champ) is considered very good (at the other games) by the Japanese players, even though I'm sure they friggin hate his playing style.

But reguardless, where can I buy these SBO DVD's. I know you said softmap, but I've no idea where to go for that.

Anyone know a site in English that offers them for sale?

I really want to get the SBO DVD's for the SNK games since getting quality vids of Capcom stuff isn't hard. I know they play KOF2k2/2k3 but do they also have stuff for like MOTW or LB?

And yes Enterbrain is a bunch of greedy mofo's. :(

Now Loading

Pao Pao Cafe Waiter
Stephane said:
Final of the guilty gear tournament with daigo !

http://madeinhk.free.fr/ctpl/ggxxr_cuongster_vs_daigo.zip
This was really great. Both were an even match for each other, but I think that the Johnny player was a little more skilled than Daigo. Daigo knew what to do to do heavy damage (with Sol lol!) but the Johnny player knew what to do to counter that. I was a little surprised to see Daigo get beat by such a stupid trick in one of the later matches, I mean, Mist Finer over and over again? Maybe he's just not in his element without parrying.

SNKJorge

Collection Gallery Keeper, CD Price Guide Analyst,
So did Songy ever get his movies, or do you want teh help?

Last edited:

SonGohan

Made of Wood
20 Year Member
The Evo dvds? I can't afford them right now as I just found out I owe back taxes (big wtf on my part). Seems like every time I go to buy them some weird shit happens and puts a monkey wrench in my shit. I'm destined not to own these dvds or something.

SonGohan

Made of Wood
20 Year Member
Stephane said:

Man, these are some alright vids, but what pisses me off is that whenever Daigo's opponent does something like connect a super or beats him a round, the announcer is all

"OMFG!!!! WOOOOOOOAAAHHHHHH!!!!!!" and the crowd goes wild.

Whenever Daigo does something like such, he gets a shitty little golf clap. I'd hate to play in a setting like that.

JHendrix

Jello Pudding Pop, Y'know? Like that whole Bill C
SonGohan said:
Man, these are some alright vids, but what pisses me off is that whenever Daigo's opponent does something like connect a super or beats him a round, the announcer is all

"OMFG!!!! WOOOOOOOAAAHHHHHH!!!!!!" and the crowd goes wild.

Whenever Daigo does something like such, he gets a shitty little golf clap. I'd hate to play in a setting like that.

Well that's kind of what happens when the man wins tournaments all the time, people just root for the underdog. :p

But yeah, Daigo got his at this past Evo when he beat down on Justin Wong in 3S. Plus that video got distributed to like the entire fighting game community and tons of other "normal" people who don't even know what a Parry is. Believe me I know, I had to explain what it was to some people here at work. ;)

Jedah Doma

Chroma Ma' Doma!,
Man, that was a nice GG video. Although Sol seems to be a hated charcater and a bit unbalanced, he played him about as good as I've ever seen. Is there any fighting game this guy sucks at?
icon6.gif

Last edited:

Dancing Mad

Another Striker
I managed to get to a buddy's house that had Cable connection, I've been downloading alot of matches off this thread and burning them. The Tougeki SBO Vampire Savior matches were insane! I just remembered I have the game on Final Burn so I shall begin in a little while. T2ya's Raptor is freakin' awesome!

And the Billy Kane (Yun) vs. Daigo (Ken) match was a little boring and good simultaneously.It's a small world we live in, now knowing that the French caught on to the Japanese "EI! EI! EI!" Genei Jin chant. Daigo is such a cold blooded SF player. He'll let you build up your self esteem, then tears it down at the last minute.

Last edited:

Now Loading

Pao Pao Cafe Waiter
Jedah Doma said:
Man, that was a nice GG video. Although Sol seems to be a hated charcater and a bit unbalanced, he played him about as good as I've ever seen. Is there any fighting game this guy sucks at?[ur]http://www.neo-geo.com/ubb/icons/icon6.gif[/url]
It's not that hard to do what Daigo was doing, Sol is very simple. He only used ONE FRC in all the matches! The Johnny player had way more skill: he just wasn't good at defence, which is why he lost.

Jedah Doma

Chroma Ma' Doma!,
Now Loading said:
It's not that hard to do what Daigo was doing, Sol is very simple. He only used ONE FRC in all the matches! The Johnny player had way more skill: he just wasn't good at defence, which is why he lost.

I would have to agree with you on that one, but it seems our boy Daigo has more talent then just Third Strike etc. and while fighthing games share simliar traits, to be skilled in so many of them is insane. Sol is very cheap and over powered. I myself would like to see some nice Chip matches (as that is my character of choice).

Now Loading

Pao Pao Cafe Waiter
There is a really great Chipp player at Acho (I think there's a link in this thread somewhere). I learned most of my Chipp skills from watching him. I don't really remember his name as it's been a while since I've seen those videos.

firebomber

Astra Superstar
Jedah Doma said:
Sol is very cheap and over powered. I myself would like to see some nice Chip matches (as that is my character of choice).
Sol's not even top in XX or #reload. If you want cheap watch a good Eddie player. He's nowhere near overpowered.

Atro

Who?,
20 Year Member
Stephane, those french KOF2002 finals are spectacular !

That Benimaru player had a lot of cold blood to do the final combo and win.
Magnific.

firebomber

Astra Superstar
Now Loading said:
Eddie? Last I heard, Slayer was top tier.

What with his dash canceling and all.
I say eddie because his game relies on chip damage, ublockables and other commonly considered "cheap" tactics.
But yeah Slayer is #1.

Now Loading

Pao Pao Cafe Waiter
On the other side of the spectrum I feel sorry for Ky players. Is he weaker in #R or is it me?

firebomber

Astra Superstar
A couple moves changed but nothing that really helps him much. I think he's a bit better in #R but he's still ranked about the same.

Now Loading

Pao Pao Cafe Waiter
His dust is fast. Not Jam fast, but FAST. Actually it may even be a bit faster than Jam's. Though it has more negative frames on block.

It's just that someone who's never seen Jam's dust would be taken by surprise.