Page 5 of 20 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread: Match Vids

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Wolfgang Krauser
    Sounds like fun.

My favorite groove is now P groove, been practicing with Ken. I really like him in this. Parrying is bad ass to.
    I love this groove man. Funny that I hate A groove so much. Do people whore that groove online?
    P Groove is real fun. The only thing with me is that I center my P Groove game around characters with hops instead of dashes, but there are certain cases like Ryu and Ken that I use because they're so good in P. If I'm playing P Groove, my team usually consists of Kim, Kyo, R2 Terry. P Groove solves a lot of Terry's problems (anti-air, and being able to counter quick recovery specials/normals, etc plus it he has a good hop to crossup a grounded opponent).

I really don't like A Groove either. More people whore that groove than you'd think, though. I don't know how many A Groove Bison/Rolento/Sakura teams I've faced. Being caught in Ken's f+HK cc is the most retarded thing to watch. There are certain S Groove players, but you won't find many of them. I like playing S, but it's so hard to center your game around a laggy connection. You'll probably be playing in the arcades though, so you won't have that problem.

On a side note: The other night I parried a whole level 3 Sonic Hurricane. I was jumping in on the guy, preparing to parry a c.HP or flash kick, but once I saw the super sparkle come out I knew I was going to try for it - and I succeeded. I'll tell you man, I haven't felt that good about my game in a long time since that happened. I really love P Groove, but it's a shame that my only way to play real competition is online, so lag throws my parry game off 70% of the time

Also, if you're playing the Xbox version, there's super cancels in P Groove.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blue Steel View Post
    I'm not beating my girlfriend. I swear to God.
    Quote Originally Posted by ResO View Post
    You made it very clear that no guy has fucked you in the ass.

Boss Hogg

icon91.gif

Final of the guilty gear tournament with daigo !

http://madeinhk.free.fr/ctpl/ggxxr_cuongster_vs_daigo.zip

And give other links for the previous videos, because the links are down !

http://maho.perso.cegetel.net/Video/sf3rd_%20billykane(yu)_vs_daigo(ke).zip

http://maho.perso.cegetel.net/Video/..._daigo(ke).zip

Jello Pudding Pop
    Y'know? Like that whole Bill Crosby fad back in the 80s. Funny shit. Anyway...
    JUDGE DREDD W1LL D13!1!!

Quote Originally Posted by Fran
    songohan / lwk :

ok,maybe i was being a little too harsh

but there's still some truth in what i wrote

maybe i dont like evo for what it represents ( in my mind )

dumbasses from shoryuken come like that alex valle dude

a really mediocre player

how can you be shit after 10 + years,i wonder...

you always use goddamn RYU and you suck at super x,zero 3,third strike

and he's the kind of person that probably hates snk,because,lets face it...

97 % of americans are like that...

but i bet he thinks he's really good in his mind...

it's just really sad,and sad things make me all bitter and stuff
    LOL! No offense but that just made me laugh. Dunno exactly why.

Anyway I don't think you can call Alex Valle is a crap player, even by Japanese standards he's very good. The saddest thing I'm sure to you is that Justin Wong (MvC2 world champ) is considered very good (at the other games) by the Japanese players, even though I'm sure they friggin hate his playing style.

But reguardless, where can I buy these SBO DVD's. I know you said softmap, but I've no idea where to go for that.

Anyone know a site in English that offers them for sale?

I really want to get the SBO DVD's for the SNK games since getting quality vids of Capcom stuff isn't hard. I know they play KOF2k2/2k3 but do they also have stuff for like MOTW or LB?

And yes Enterbrain is a bunch of greedy mofo's.

Pao Pao Cafe Waiter

Quote Originally Posted by Stephane
    Final of the guilty gear tournament with daigo !

http://madeinhk.free.fr/ctpl/ggxxr_cuongster_vs_daigo.zip
    This was really great. Both were an even match for each other, but I think that the Johnny player was a little more skilled than Daigo. Daigo knew what to do to do heavy damage (with Sol lol!) but the Johnny player knew what to do to counter that. I was a little surprised to see Daigo get beat by such a stupid trick in one of the later matches, I mean, Mist Finer over and over again? Maybe he's just not in his element without parrying.

Boss Hogg

icon15.gif

So did Songy ever get his movies, or do you want teh help?
    Last edited by xtoo_short20x; 10-11-2004 at 10:24 PM.

Biggest fan of Seņor Spelbergo

The Evo dvds? I can't afford them right now as I just found out I owe back taxes (big wtf on my part). Seems like every time I go to buy them some weird shit happens and puts a monkey wrench in my shit. I'm destined not to own these dvds or something.

Man, these are some alright vids, but what pisses me off is that whenever Daigo's opponent does something like connect a super or beats him a round, the announcer is all

"OMFG!!!! WOOOOOOOAAAHHHHHH!!!!!!" and the crowd goes wild.

Whenever Daigo does something like such, he gets a shitty little golf clap. I'd hate to play in a setting like that.

Jello Pudding Pop
    Y'know? Like that whole Bill Crosby fad back in the 80s. Funny shit. Anyway...
    JUDGE DREDD W1LL D13!1!!

Quote Originally Posted by SonGohan
    Man, these are some alright vids, but what pisses me off is that whenever Daigo's opponent does something like connect a super or beats him a round, the announcer is all

"OMFG!!!! WOOOOOOOAAAHHHHHH!!!!!!" and the crowd goes wild.

Whenever Daigo does something like such, he gets a shitty little golf clap. I'd hate to play in a setting like that.
    Well that's kind of what happens when the man wins tournaments all the time, people just root for the underdog.

But yeah, Daigo got his at this past Evo when he beat down on Justin Wong in 3S. Plus that video got distributed to like the entire fighting game community and tons of other "normal" people who don't even know what a Parry is. Believe me I know, I had to explain what it was to some people here at work.

Dodgeball Yakuza

Excellent vid, I'll watch the whole thing when I get home. Daigo has a good rounded team,he uses my two best characters Vega and M. Bison. While Yamazaki93's Blanka is pure awesome. Those are my 3 characters. I think they both could work up o ntheir A-Groove combos. The Ken one was sick.

Chroma Ma' Doma!

Man, that was a nice GG video. Although Sol seems to be a hated charcater and a bit unbalanced, he played him about as good as I've ever seen. Is there any fighting game this guy sucks at?
    Last edited by Jedah Doma; 10-12-2004 at 06:06 PM.

Another Striker

I managed to get to a buddy's house that had Cable connection, I've been downloading alot of matches off this thread and burning them. The Tougeki SBO Vampire Savior matches were insane! I just remembered I have the game on Final Burn so I shall begin in a little while. T2ya's Raptor is freakin' awesome!

And the Billy Kane (Yun) vs. Daigo (Ken) match was a little boring and good simultaneously.It's a small world we live in, now knowing that the French caught on to the Japanese "EI! EI! EI!" Genei Jin chant. Daigo is such a cold blooded SF player. He'll let you build up your self esteem, then tears it down at the last minute.
    Last edited by Dancing Mad; 10-23-2004 at 12:52 PM.

Dealt with:
    gmw
    Mercenary X99
    yagamikun
    omnedon
    Nomeaz1
    KaedesBlade

Pao Pao Cafe Waiter

Quote Originally Posted by Jedah Doma
    Man, that was a nice GG video. Although Sol seems to be a hated charcater and a bit unbalanced, he played him about as good as I've ever seen. Is there any fighting game this guy sucks at?[ur]http://www.neo-geo.com/ubb/icons/icon6.gif[/url]
    It's not that hard to do what Daigo was doing, Sol is very simple. He only used ONE FRC in all the matches! The Johnny player had way more skill: he just wasn't good at defence, which is why he lost.

Chroma Ma' Doma!

Quote Originally Posted by Now Loading
    It's not that hard to do what Daigo was doing, Sol is very simple. He only used ONE FRC in all the matches! The Johnny player had way more skill: he just wasn't good at defence, which is why he lost.
    I would have to agree with you on that one, but it seems our boy Daigo has more talent then just Third Strike etc. and while fighthing games share simliar traits, to be skilled in so many of them is insane. Sol is very cheap and over powered. I myself would like to see some nice Chip matches (as that is my character of choice).

Pao Pao Cafe Waiter

There is a really great Chipp player at Acho (I think there's a link in this thread somewhere). I learned most of my Chipp skills from watching him. I don't really remember his name as it's been a while since I've seen those videos.

Camel Slug

Quote Originally Posted by Jedah Doma
    Sol is very cheap and over powered. I myself would like to see some nice Chip matches (as that is my character of choice).
    Sol's not even top in XX or #reload. If you want cheap watch a good Eddie player. He's nowhere near overpowered.
    Brian Graham aka Mummy-B R.I.P.

Pao Pao Cafe Waiter

Eddie? Last I heard, Slayer was top tier.

What with his dash canceling and all.

Who?

Here's a video from the KOF98 final from a tournament I held.

KOF98 Aka vs Yagami

Aka plays on the 1P side. Very opened match.

Boss Hogg

icon91.gif

Interesting Thread at Shoryuken !

http://www.shoryuken.com/forums/showthread.php?t=71500

Who?

Stephane, those french KOF2002 finals are spectacular !

That Benimaru player had a lot of cold blood to do the final combo and win.
    Magnific.

Camel Slug

Quote Originally Posted by Now Loading
    Eddie? Last I heard, Slayer was top tier.

What with his dash canceling and all.
    I say eddie because his game relies on chip damage, ublockables and other commonly considered "cheap" tactics.
    But yeah Slayer is #1.

Pao Pao Cafe Waiter

On the other side of the spectrum I feel sorry for Ky players. Is he weaker in #R or is it me?

Camel Slug

A couple moves changed but nothing that really helps him much. I think he's a bit better in #R but he's still ranked about the same.

Pao Pao Cafe Waiter

His dust is fast. Not Jam fast, but FAST. Actually it may even be a bit faster than Jam's. Though it has more negative frames on block.

It's just that someone who's never seen Jam's dust would be taken by surprise.

Thread Information