... My attempt to enter the SF Summer fanart contest...

seba_boi

Terry Bogard's Taylor
So the Street Fighter comics holds fanart contest every year, right?!?... Well, here's my entry for this year's theme: SUMMER FUN...

But, the negative responses I've gotten from this piece just takes away my enthusiasm from finishing/coloring it and entering it for the contest... Since, I've given up on it, might as well post it here first... No point keeping art that might have potential :rolleyes:...

FIRST: Some problems are (1) "it's a sausage-fest; needs more tacos" (2) "none of them look like Street Fighter characters without their costumes" (3) "it doesn't make sense"... My responses (1) Yeah, so I failed to please the guys with more female fan service *sigh* (2) None of them are Street Fighters except only the girl with the hat which is Cammy; I guess that was a huge mistake in my part--to put non-SF characters all over the art (3) The guys are all fighting over Cammy's attention... I guess it's hard to know, but I tried to pull the idea off, huh?...

SECOND: Well, I didn't want it to be cheesy/tacky and put every damn Street Fighter character having fun together... I dunno, it seems unrealistic the time I was thinking my theme...

Well, here it is:

C_O_N_T_E_S_T__small.jpg

Last edited:

Solidus Snake

Genam's Azami Sharpener
Nice. Well it sorta of hard to recognize Cammy, you only see her front bang and one of her braids. I think you would have gotten more positives if her, chun-li, and rose were sitting together.

Of course its always all about the girls. Just draw all the girls playing volleyball and you'll win. LOL. :smirk:

seba_boi

Terry Bogard's Taylor
Solidus Snake said:
Nice. Well it sorta of hard to recognize Cammy, you only see her front bang and one of her braids. I think you would have gotten more positives if her, chun-li, and rose were sitting together.

Of course its always all about the girls. Just draw all the girls playing volleyball and you'll win. LOL. :smirk:
Yeah, I wanted it to be original... :make_fac:

But I guess originality don't win you fanart awards... Ha!... :p

Vas

Marked Wolf
lol who are thay i only notice sagat and cammy :loco:

pic's good thow :buttrock:

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
I like the drawing, but I guess they're kinda hard to recognize who is who.

Nesagwa

Beard of Zeus,
20 Year Member
Isnt that Yun (or Yang) in there?

If you colored it and made her suit green (or blue) and did the camo on her legs, it would be ALOT more recognizable and people would get the situation easier.

SwordPlay

Crossed Swords Squire
I like the theme and the idea behind it, but it is hard to tell the characters apart...

I've got every face that ever appeared in a SF game stuck in my head, but there's a few characters in that drawing that I had trouble identifying properly (Cammy wasn't one of them, she was obvious by the hair and scar.)

Personally, I think it would make a great piece if you took the time to color it and try to "distinguish" the male characters a bit more.