SNKP's Removal of Fatalities .... justified?

How do you feel about SNKP's decision to remove fatalaties from Sam Sho V Special?

• I believe that SNKP was well within its rights to remove the fatalaties

Votes: 7 3.1%
  • SNKP should have left them in the game, but they're not essential and their presence isn't really mi

Votes: 25 11.0%
  • The decision to remove the fatalities was deceptive, irresponsible, and unnecessary - AND SNKP shoul

Votes: 196 86.0%

• Total voters

galfordo

Analinguist of the Year
15 Year Member
It seems pretty obvious what the general feeling about this is - but personally, I'd just like to get a look at the numbers, since I have seen a few dissenting posts.

ResO

water damaged
20 Year Member
Add me to the list of dissapointed customers.

RabbitTroop

Mayor of Southtown, ,
20 Year Member
Where's the poll? Otherwise how is this different from the other threads... poll or go.

TEH FUCK... now it pops up... OK... so POLL... This place run by diebold or something?

Kazuki Dash

Samurai Shodown Swordsmith
justified...NO

giving absolutely no notification to the customer base...INSULT TO INJURY

when pressed, vaguely mentioning violence complaints as the reasoning...COWARDLY

galfordo

Analinguist of the Year
15 Year Member
nruva said:
Where's the poll? Otherwise how is this different from the other threads... poll or go.

TEH FUCK... now it pops up... OK... so POLL... This place run by diebold or something?

patience, young warrior :D. Vote away.

Tsubaki

B. Jenet's Firstmate
The people who preordered got sucker punched by false advertising.

evo7_31

Geese's Thug
This is like...

Samurai Shodown 5: Fatality Fury

We had been running short on teh dr4ma lately, I guess..

buster_broon

The Rock,
just sounds like the fairy story that is SNK

they normally mess most things up - how they lasted so long is still a mystery to me

Curt

apostate
As other have said before...

This really could have made this one of the best Sam Sho's ever...

I feel it is sorely missed... especially after seeing pix of what we're missing out on.

Mike Shagohod

Stray Dog Grunt
20 Year Member
The decision to remove the fatalities was deceptive, irresponsible, and unnecessary - AND SNKP should take some corrective measure.

MercX99-RussianShotgun.jpg

They need to "Break Themselves!" Fuck nuts all of em.

MERCENARY X99

DevilRedeemed

teh
20 Year Member
consider me raving lunatic foaming at the mouth not shaving in months incoherently blasting Playmore for being a playwhore. I'll take a page out of merc's book: looks like a motherfucking soccer mom is running the company now.

Last edited:

BIG BEAR

SHOCKbox Developer,
20 Year Member
What really puzzles me is that the quarter carrying youth have access to the fatalities in the arcade but the cartridge purchasing adult (for teh most part) gets slapped with the censor. I mean,it just does'nt make sense... A child can get ahold of a couple of bucks to play in the arcade before they would even think about shelling out 370 shipped for one cartridge that needs a 200 system to operate in. What was the whole violence level thing for???
This whole philosophy of,WE CENSOR IT,while you PAY FOR IT is just absurd
Anybody here under the age of eighteen,please don't get upset as I have much respect for anyone realizing how great of a system te Neo geo truely is.
heh...
-BB

DanAdamKOF

Iori's Flame
20 Year Member
I've made my opinion known on page 11 of the big thread, this is unjustified mainly because those who would have been offended by the fatalities would not buy the game in the first place.

Dinodoedoe

Bub & Bob's Bub,
20 Year Member
nruva said:
OK... so POLL... This place run by diebold or something?

Interesting comparison. Better Diebold than NCR.

BAD Playmore for getting everyones hopes up for a great sendoff. Boo-erns.

Kiel

All About Shooters Mod., If you fuck with me, I'll
20 Year Member
I was lied to, I bought the game for the one aspect that was removed.

I was a victim of false advertising. :oh_no:

Eliza

Mickey's Coach
Spike said:
I was lied to, I bought the game for the one aspect that was removed.

I was a victim of false advertising. :oh_no:

I feel the same way

verbel

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
BIG BEAR said:
What really puzzles me is that the quarter carrying youth have access to the fatalities in the arcade but the cartridge purchasing adult (for teh most part) gets slapped with the censor. I mean,it just does'nt make sense... A child can get ahold of a couple of bucks to play in the arcade before they would even think about shelling out 370 shipped for one cartridge that needs a 200 system to operate in. What was the whole violence level thing for???
This whole philosophy of,WE CENSOR IT,while you PAY FOR IT is just absurd
Anybody here under the age of eighteen,please don't get upset as I have much respect for anyone realizing how great of a system te Neo geo truely is.
heh...
-BB
You took the words right out of my mouth.

Loefye

Lt. Laser,
I am mad about the absense of fatalities. It is 2004 and the industry is crawling with gory games like Manhunt and GTA yet Playmore finds the need to edit out some cartoony looking fatalities for a game in the niche market that not many will play in the first place?

If there indeed are fatalities in the MVS version like some people are saying I find it downright hilarious. Playmore edits the AES version which most people will never even witness being played but they don't edit the arcade version which will most likely be seen by and offend many more little kids and mothers strolling along in the arcade. Plain stupidity.

Last edited:

Robert

20 Year Member
Everybody speak about censorship but do you really know if it was made on this purpose? It wouldn't be the first time that SNK put something on the cartdrige that you don't see when you play ( MS serie for example)

drone9

Marked Wolf
correct me if I'm wrong, but this is the first time they
advertised a feature of a game, showing screenshots
and movies, that in the end is not available during gameplay.
that's a bit different to MS...

TheBigBB

Formerly known as dmhawkmoon
drone9 said:
correct me if I'm wrong, but this is the first time they
advertised a feature of a game, showing screenshots
and movies, that in the end is not available during gameplay.
that's a bit different to MS...

Well they did originally advertise a ton more characters to be playable for Sengoku 3, but that was understandably missing considering that they were about to go out of business...

Robert

20 Year Member
If I remember well, you could see two players screenshots on the advertisings of viewpoint.