Anyone buy their games from VISUAL RUSH?

NeoCverA

RevQuixo. Who He?,
20 Year Member
I was just looking through some old stuff and I came across two receipts from Visual Rush. They were the place I bought a lot of my AES games back in 94.

First one: Dated 4/07/94
Title: Art of Fighting 2.........189.99
s/h...................................... 18.00
COD.................................... 5.00
Total...................................212.99

Second one: Dated 10/25/94
Title: King of Fighters '94.......189.99
s/h.......................................... 16.00
Total.......................................205.99

Crazy shit considering how much those damn games sell for today.
BUt thats 10years ago.

I also bought some AES stuff from another store with a Dinosaur on the card or something..........."somethingsaurus" i dunno. Just re-living the past.

BIG BEAR

SHOCKbox Developer,
20 Year Member
I purchased Agressors of Dark Kombat from there for like 189.99 and I paid 289 for KOF 94' The US version of the ROM was a HOT SELLER back then with it being the 1st team fighter.. so I got in on one of the last copies they sold. I figure I got my monies worth back then.
TOMMO ______ did me over and try to keep my money.
I supposedly purchased RBFF and RBS back when they were in business... I waited to receive my games.. They never sent them and they were sold out when I went to find out what was the problem... They tried to keep my money (on CC). I was more PO'ed about not receiving my games than the CC problem.. Oh, I was sooooooo ANGRY because the US releases sold out so quickly back then. The JPN games were not circulating heavily lik ethey are nowadays.
-BB

Last edited:

NeoLord

Neo-Geo FAQs Editor
I used to buy my Neo-Geo cartridges from both Visual Rush and Japan Videogames. I used to purchase so much from Japan Videogames they use to give me a small discount on the products or free 2-day select shipping. Those were the days! I was also big supporter of the Die Hard Gamefan club. I can still remember how excited I was when I first walked into their store and saw an entire section dedicated to the Neo-Geo; I went on a spending spree like no other.

I was in love with Diehard; it was the only game store in my area where you could walk in and play test new releases without spending a dime. I remember this one time when I occupied their Neo-Geo system for more than 6 hours, and the owner was so upset with me he actually kicked me off the system. lol The owner was like, "You already own a Neo-Geo system, so why don’t you just buy the damn game?" Oh yeah, I bought the game they had on demo at the time, but I was back in a week testing other releases. I think I had a love-hate relationship with the owner because of my obsessive Neo-Geo habits. Hey, at least he could never say that I didn’t support his store because I did in a very big way.

Freelancer

Banned
NeoLord said:
I used to buy my Neo-Geo cartridges from both Visual Rush and Japan Videogames. I used to purchase so much from Japan Videogames they use to give me a small discount on the products or free 2-day select shipping. Those were the days! I was also big supporter of the Die Hard Gamefan club. I can still remember how excited I was when I first walked into their store and saw an entire section dedicated to the Neo-Geo; I went on a spending spree like no other.

I was in love with Diehard; it was the only game store in my area where you could walk in and play test new releases without spending a dime. I remember this one time when I occupied their Neo-Geo system for more than 6 hours, and the owner was so upset with me he actually kicked me off the system. lol The owner was like, "You already own a Neo-Geo system, so why don’t you just buy the damn game?" Oh yeah, I bought the game they had on demo at the time, but I was back in a week testing other releases. I think I had a love-hate relationship with the owner because of my obsessive Neo-Geo habits. Hey, at least he could never say that I didn’t support his store because I did in a very big way.

That was in Nashua NH, in that small plaza next to the very old mall.
I know because I frequented that place ALOT and even had the customer card that let you play the games at their demo stations. It's the only place that would let you rent all systems (including the Neo) not to mention the fact that they stocked tons of imports.

And oh yes, the owner was a fat man with a pony tail who was rather pushy when it came to buying stuff. :)

terry.330

Time? Astonishing!
20 Year Member
And oh yes, the owner was a fat man with a pony tail who was rather pushy when it came to buying stuff. :)[/QUOTE]

A pushy fat man with a pony tail, like every game store from 88-95 :rolleyes:

Thats sounds just like the place here in Ohio I used to rent Neos from in the early 90s. It was called VideoGamesExpress they now have several other locations and they all suck. I bought a broken AES that only displayed in B&W for $50 from them in 96 then realized I couldnt afford any games to play on it :oh_no:

NeoLord

Neo-Geo FAQs Editor
Freelancer said:
That was in Nashua NH, in that small plaza next to the very old mall.
I know because I frequented that place ALOT and even had the customer card that let you play the games at their demo stations. It's the only place that would let you rent all systems (including the Neo) not to mention the fact that they stocked tons of imports.

And oh yes, the owner was a fat man with a pony tail who was rather pushy when it came to buying stuff. :)

Yes! It was in that old mall by the Alexander’s food market. I lived in Hudson, NH for many years and I would spend most of my time there. I was also a card-holding member, and the owner was fat with a ponytail. He was very rude most of the time, and he used to push everything on me. "Want a subscription to Gamefan magazine?" he'd ask. "How about another game?"

Like my $500 purchase wasn't enough for him. Those were the good ol' days, brother! I even traded in my entire SNES/Genesis/Turbografx collection(s) at Diehard just so I could convert myself into a true hardcore Neo-Geo gamer. After trading everything in, I walked away with just about every Neo-Geo game he had in stock at the time. I still drool thinking about it. :drool_2:

BTW: Do you remember his other co-worker? He was another heavy-set guy with sweaty black hair and a greasy baseball cap; that guy was actually pretty cool. The owner was dead-set against me trading in my collection when I wanted to fully convert to Neodom, but the guy with the hat had no problems with it. I came in a few days later with my collection and walked away with everything my trade in could afford. You name it and I probably traded for it. lol It was the best move in my life, and I never missed those other systems.

Last edited:

Freelancer

Banned
NeoLord said:
BTW: Do you remember his other co-worker? He was another heavy-set guy with sweaty black hair and a greasy baseball cap; that guy was actually pretty cool. The owner was dead-set against me trading in my collection when I wanted to fully convert to Neodom, but the guy with the hat had no problems with it. I came in a few days later with my collection and walked away with everything my trade in could afford. You name it and I probably traded for it. lol It was the best move in my life, and I never missed those other systems.

Yeah, I believe I do remember the other guy working there at the beginning. He was usually there mostly on weekends but I didn't see much of him as the months went on. On weekends, the place was pretty busy...mostly people playing the demo stations though. But there would occassionally be a few younger people (mostly in their 20's) that would help out to change the games in the demo units...I don't know if they were actually employees or just friends of the owner(s). One of them was usually always in that tiny office next to the cash register talking on the phone.

This Diehard was the first place I saw and played the Japanese Saturn before it was released in the US. They always had Virtua Fighter running and if I remember correctly, they wanted something like $700 for the Japanese Saturn system!

NeoLord

Neo-Geo FAQs Editor
Freelancer said:
Yeah, I believe I do remember the other guy working there at the beginning. He was usually there mostly on weekends but I didn't see much of him as the months went on. On weekends, the place was pretty busy...mostly people playing the demo stations though. But there would occassionally be a few younger people (mostly in their 20's) that would help out to change the games in the demo units...I don't know if they were actually employees or just friends of the owner(s). One of them was usually always in that tiny office next to the cash register talking on the phone.

This Diehard was the first place I saw and played the Japanese Saturn before it was released in the US. They always had Virtua Fighter running and if I remember correctly, they wanted something like $700 for the Japanese Saturn system!

I think you're right about the price. They always had things on demo before they were released in America, including the Sega 32X unit. I was there to demo my very first Japanese PS system with Battle Arena Toh Shin Den. I actually prevented some woman from renting the Japanese system because the owner couldn't get me off it. Yes, I was a pain in the owner's ass!

Tron

Test
15 Year Member
NeoLord said:
Those were the days i remember seeing adds for Diehard,in magazine like EGM. I would just look, at the list for what they had in import games. They sure had a lot in selection for PCE,MegaDrive and SuperFamicom games. :eek:

NeoLord

Neo-Geo FAQs Editor
Tron 2.0 said:
Those were the days i remember seeing adds for Diehard,in magazine like EGM. I would just look, at the list for what they had in import games. They sure had a lot in selection for PCE,MegaDrive and SuperFamicom games. :eek:

That's an understatement! They had everything you could think of back in the day, and they could easily order titles upon request. If I wanted a certain Neo-Geo title that they didn't stock at their location, they would call another Diehard store and have it shipped in. Oh, how I miss the convenience of having a 'real' import store in my area. I believe Diehard was the first and only one in the lower region of New Hampshire (I can't speak for the northern region of my State since I hardly ever traveled in that direction).

We need another specialty shop in NH, damn it! I have considered opening one myself, but right now that is only a dream.

Last edited:

Tron

Test
15 Year Member
That's for sure DieHard did have every thing,from domestic titles to import. Yeah i used to glance at the NeoGeo section,that DieHard had. Only to know i could never aford it. That's nice to hear they went out of there,way to get your game. From another store if the current one didn't have it. Didn't Diehard at one point,try to become a franchise and become nationwide?

neo_X7

Disciple Of Orochi
Why didn't people just order AES carts from SNK USA, back in the mid 90's? I called their 1-800 number once about ordering a Neo Geo CD system, and they told me that I could buy AES carts straight from them.

neo_X7

Disciple Of Orochi
NeoLord said:
Yes! It was in that old mall by the Alexander’s food market. I lived in Hudson, NH for many years and I would spend most of my time there. I was also a card-holding member, and the owner was fat with a ponytail. He was very rude most of the time, and he used to push everything on me. "Want a subscription to Gamefan magazine?" he'd ask. "How about another game?"

Like my $500 purchase wasn't enough for him. Those were the good ol' days, brother! I even traded in my entire SNES/Genesis/Turbografx collection(s) at Diehard just so I could convert myself into a true hardcore Neo-Geo gamer. After trading everything in, I walked away with just about every Neo-Geo game he had in stock at the time. I still drool thinking about it. :drool_2:

How many Neo Geo AES games was you able to get for tradeing in your collection?

PLECO

I am an old, old man. ,
NeoCverA said:
I also bought some AES stuff from another store with a Dinosaur on the card or something..........."somethingsaurus" i dunno. Just re-living the past.

I believe that was Telesaurus located in Michigan.
I bought a few games from them in the early days as well.

NeoCverA

RevQuixo. Who He?,
20 Year Member
PLECO said:
I believe that was Telesaurus located in Michigan.
I bought a few games from them in the early days as well.

Yup thats them!

DaveGeorge

NEST Puppet
Freelancer said:

Hehe come to think of it, back in the days there was a kind of fat bloke with a ponytail in the gameshop I spent most of my free time as well. But he wasn't very old though... around 25 years old maybe...

He was always kissing my ass when I came to visit in belief that I would buyu something

Freelancer

Banned
NeoLord said:
We need another specialty shop in NH, damn it! I have considered opening one myself, but right now that is only a dream.

I agree!
I've considered opening a similar shop before. Perhaps we can work something out...

NeoLord

Neo-Geo FAQs Editor
Freelancer said:
I agree!
I've considered opening a similar shop before. Perhaps we can work something out...

It sounds like we need to discuss this sometime! :buttrock:

NeoCverA

RevQuixo. Who He?,
20 Year Member
Since some are in the mood for the good old days.

Anyone remember the dude that used to run VisualRush? He was pretty cool and always excited about the latest games. I remember him playing kof94 and had me listening to it over the phone. He also sent me a copy of the special moves in AOF 2. Wonder if he's a member or was here.

Last edited: