NO FATALITIES in Samurai Showdown 5 Special

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
Ralf501 said:
Can you post the link here to this thread?
Thanks. I want to take a look.
No problem, they're right here. Just click on the character you want to see, and scroll down.

Ralf501

Crossed Swords Squire
SouthtownKid said:
No problem, they're right here. Just click on the character you want to see, and scroll down.

SNK-Playmore is EVIL. False advertising. Can they be sued?

ResO

water damaged
20 Year Member
Man... it finally sunk in...

At first, I sat back and figured that we are all picky babies for being dissapointed in a game for something as little as fatalities. Now after a full day of pondering I realized how rediculous it is of SNK to adveratize such a vital upgrade and yank it at the last minute without mention to the customers. I mean, I wast just at E3 and there were indeed fatalities. I'd bet that to many SamShoV owners the Fatalities were the "Special". It's not like we can shrug it off and hope for next time. There will never be a next time.

I'd say "Fuck You, SNK" , but I've said it so many times that the phrase has lost it's meaning...

I'm not angry, I'm not upset, I'm just deeply dissapointed...As usual.

Ralf501

Crossed Swords Squire
galfordo said:
oh man .... I hate to be a fatality whore - but those simply ROCK. They really could've put the aesthetic appeal of SSVS over the top - what a shame :oh_no:.

I can only hope that there's some secret code to allow these to be playable .... wishful thinking, I know. I can't believe they'd go to all that trouble to come up with such cool fatalities and then just ditch them. Bizarre.

After seeing that video and the pictures of the fatalities on their website, one can understand why alot of us are very PISSED off that they're not in the AES versions.

Maybe they released only 4 known copies with all the fatalities intact so they can sell them for $12K each like Kizuna.

Blue Steel

previously "bubu_X"
It just doesn't make any fucking sense, they hyped the shit out of that site, I remember them releasing new pics and art for a character each day (weekdays) for IIRC a month or two, and now all that got shit-canned?! That would really suck, but I'm remaining optimistic that the MVS isn't censored.

Ralf501

Crossed Swords Squire
SnairDogg said:
It just doesn't make any fucking sense, they hyped the shit out of that site, I remember them releasing new pics and art for a character each day (weekdays) for IIRC a month or two, and now all that got shit-canned?! That would really suck, but I'm remaining optimistic that the MVS isn't censored.

Let's say the MVS isn't censored. If you get the MVS and use the Phantom 1 converter and play it on an AES will it play in it's uncensored form?

Eliza

Mickey's Coach
I had a conversation with the owner of an arcade center here and he says he has not seen any "fatalities" with this game...but its still a shaddy info bec he says nobody really plays it...If anyone could give me the motion of a fatality I may try it over the weekend...Thanks:)

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
Ralf501 said:
Let's say the MVS isn't censored. If you get the MVS and use the Phantom 1 converter and play it on an AES will it play in it's uncensored form?
It shouldn't matter. They should be the same boards, if I'm not mistaken. I'm waiting a few days before I jump to conclusions. Maybe Arcadia was mistaken. At this point, it's still too early to know anything for sure.

All I know is that it's been pretty unanimous that Special is a better playing game than 5. And 5 beats the living shit out of 4 in every conceivible way, IMO, so I still want this game, regardless.

Back in the day, when MK came out for the home systems, I rented it, performed all the fatalities; once that was done, played an additional 30 seconds, got bored, and returned it. I never need to play that game again for the rest of my life. But I've actually been having fun playing the SS games (especially lately), so not having fatalities, while disappointing, is nowhere near being a deal-breaker for me.

Verbatum

Rugal's Panther
SouthtownKid said:

Yep, those are the pics from the Beta Version Arcadia was talking about. They also changed the Rage Meter font too. Arcadia has more pics from the Beta version not featured here by the way.

Ralf501

Crossed Swords Squire
Verbatum said:
Yep, those are the pics from the Beta Version Arcadia was talking about. They also changed the Rage Meter font too. Arcadia has more pics from the Beta version not featured here by the way.

Can you post the URL to Arcadia?
Thanks.

Kiel

All About Shooters Mod., If you fuck with me, I'll
20 Year Member
I bought the game for these and it nowhere to be found. :very_ang:

zetuhan2.jpg
zetuhao2.jpg

Tron

Test
15 Year Member
zetuhan2.jpg
zetuhao2.jpg
[/
This makes no sense to me at all. Why does Playmore keep being insistence on being politicaly correct? :oh_no: In this day in age, gore is common in all kinds of video games. Fatalities would not shock today's gamer.

puyo2_dash

n00b
Check This Thread.

http://ww5.tiki.ne.jp/~metoron/

#07/12[月]# 暫定:許るせんぞ芋屋~~~ッッ!!
■[GAME_格闘] 「サムライスピリッツ零SPECIAL」の家庭用版は残虐レベル1で固定。どうやっても変更できません。(侍魂零掲示板 家庭用スレより)

早売りでNEOGEO ROM版の「サム零SP」を買った人からの報告によると…

>家庭用ROM、絶命奥義の残虐演出がないんです。
>絶命奥義が決まるとそのまま一閃みたくなります。

>芋やのサポート電話しました。
>「ゲームセンターで残虐表現についてクレームが多数あったので、残虐レベル1固定です。
>どうやっても変更できません」とのことでした。

激萎えな仕様変更をしやがって… ふざけんな芋屋~~~~ッッ!!
あと家庭用版で今回はプラクティスモードがちゃんと作られているようです。これはまあいい変更点なのだが、残虐レベルの件だけはどうしても納得がいかねぇ… もっと柔軟に対処してくれよ!

Kickin' Wing

Armored Scrum Object
No offence to anyone here (this is not intended as a flame)...

But how many of you angry Neo-Geo'erz actually own the game? Or if you do own it, do you know how to perform the fatality?

I got my copy of SSV:S Saturday around 11am and did notice like most of you that the traditional SS Fatalities were not working (like in SS1 or 2 where they just kinda did it when u hit w/ the final blow). So I hit up GameFAQs and read the SSV:S guide on the game:

-Wait till your opponents life meter is BLUE (this will if your opponent has been defeated once and the bar has gone below the marker)
-Become Raged (a+b+c < rage explosion... dont use it earlier if you plan on doing this or your bar will disappear)
-Perform the Near Death Move (quarter circle back + cd)

it is... NOT impressive.. it DOES work -- also I have never seen the computer use this move and it is nearly impossible to perform under normal gameplay because the computer will kick your ass if you try and coddle it to pull this off

if you want to try it I recommend starting a 2 player game and leave P-2 unattended. Also, it's more of a way to just kill the person outright than a fatality. This ISN'T mortal kombat, finishers like that would be in poor taste and they do NOT enhance the gameing experience. IMO when you have stuff like that people tend to just play to see them instead of enjoying the battle that gets you there.

Also to put this other question to bed... Poppy was removed - that news has been around for a long time.

Spike Spiegel

Onigami Isle Castaway
20 Year Member
Do you think THIS many people are idiots? If they say it's not in there, it's not in there. Yes, the supers are in there, but not the fatalities portion. Come on, give them a little more credit than that, noobie.

Spike

Syxx573

Azura's Swordsmith
This ISN'T mortal kombat, finishers like that would be in poor taste and they do NOT enhance the gameing experience.

Yoo hoo... didn't you play Samurai Shodown 4 and ever do down down up forward foward C? Those finishers are awesome, and it IS a part of the "gameing experience" because you have to figure out ways to set those moves up. If they were in poor taste in SS5 why are they fine in 4?

C is for heavy slash.

Kickin' Wing

Armored Scrum Object
I never played SS4 so I could lose a round just to do that button sequence.. if it came up that I could slash them so they bent forward all the better, but I wouldn't risk the match for it. Also I prefered the one where they just kinda spilled their blood all over your sprite.

Do you play KoF to see Mai Bounce? Or do you play to kick some butt? Eye Candy is no substitution for a good game, isn't that the Neo-Way? Otherwise we'd all own Naomi Boards -- lol.

Sorry if I came off condesending or "noob-ish" in my previous post Spike -- but all of the posts I read did not concern an actual "fatality" part of the near death move, however I did not have time to read them all.

Also, I have never seen a pic (that link above included) that shows the move producing more than lots of blood -- a cut in half body or something to that effect. The main jist of what I was trying to get at was the characters do have a unique "finisher" of types.. in that it will kill the person outright in their own DM-ish way. I just think that the term "fatality" can be used loosly in this case.

I do respect all you Neo-Geo owners, it is a lifestyle -- an expensive lifestyle at that. But I would recommend to not get hung-up on things like fatalities. The case here seems to be a lot of over-hype: people buying 2 and 3 copies for themselves and all of the pre-release gossip. It's bound to happen when it's the end of an era.

Good thing I still have a ton of games to buy ^_^

Chicago Cheeseburgler Crew

BANNED , Banned , Here's why
10 Year Member
Ralf501 said:
Hey guys,
I've uploaded the Special Kill Moves video for SS5Special. It's a large file (71MB).

http://www.streamload.com/streetfighter501/SSVSpecialKillMoves

Let me know if the link doesn't work.
I have only a limited amount of downloads that I signed up for, so first come first serve. Once my paid limit is up, that's it. Hopefully someone else can post it once they download it from me.

Thanks, hopefully I can still dl it when I get home from work.

chimpmeister

Former Moderator
puyo2_dash said:
Check This Thread.

http://ww5.tiki.ne.jp/~metoron/

#07/12[月]# 暫定:許るせんぞ芋屋~~~ッッ!!
■[GAME_格闘] 「サムライスピリッツ零SPECIAL」の家庭用版は残虐レベル1で固定。どうやっても変更できません。(侍魂零掲示板 家庭用スレより)

早売りでNEOGEO ROM版の「サム零SP」を買った人からの報告によると…

>家庭用ROM、絶命奥義の残虐演出がないんです。
>絶命奥義が決まるとそのまま一閃みたくなります。

>芋やのサポート電話しました。
>「ゲームセンターで残虐表現についてクレームが多数あったので、残虐レベル1固定です。
>どうやっても変更できません」とのことでした。

激萎えな仕様変更をしやがって… ふざけんな芋屋~~~~ッッ!!
あと家庭用版で今回はプラクティスモードがちゃんと作られているようです。これはまあいい変更点なのだが、残虐レベルの件だけはどうしても納得がいかねぇ… もっと柔軟に対処してくれよ!

Can you translate or paraphrase the thread? My Kanji comprehension is a bit rusty . . . :emb:

chimpmeister

Former Moderator
buttasuperb said:
Thanks, hopefully I can still dl it when I get home from work.

Don't bother, the file was "unavailable" long ago . . . tried this morning around 9A. :(

Geddon_jt

Creator of the Master List,
20 Year Member
Someone who really knows how to use the debug BIOS needs to experiment with this using ALL region and violence settings. Like Big Bruno said, usually you can switch to MVS mode after the game starts despite the protection (there are tricks). Anyone tried Jpn MVS on full violence yet? OR messed with the debug switches?

Anyone with SS5 Special on MVS who could submit a DIP SHEET SCAN for us to play with?

Ideas, people.
The options need to be exhausted before we can 100% say they aren't there. Just because they arent in the default mode doesn't mean they aren't hidden in some crazy configuration somewhere on the cart.

finngamer

Big Bang Pro Wrestler
In his faq (of the arcade version) Kao Megura says the fatalities are there. So that much is certain.

So they MUST be there to be found through bios. No pressure, Raz...

Or could it be theoretically possible that they actually made some changes to the game boards? Making them unidentical to the MVS version? Has something like this ever happened on any game?

RabbitTroop

Mayor of Southtown, ,
20 Year Member
Geddon_jt said:
Someone who really knows how to use the debug BIOS needs to experiment with this using ALL region and violence settings. Like Big Bruno said, usually you can switch to MVS mode after the game starts despite the protection (there are tricks). Anyone tried Jpn MVS on full violence yet? OR messed with the debug switches?

Anyone with SS5 Special on MVS who could submit a DIP SHEET SCAN for us to play with?

Ideas, people.
The options need to be exhausted before we can 100% say they aren't there. Just because they arent in the default mode doesn't mean they aren't hidden in some crazy configuration somewhere on the cart.

I'm with Geddon, I think they may still be in the game. Either A) We don't know how to do them yet, or B) they can be unlocked with a debug or uni bios. There is no way that SNKP went through all the trouble to make them, advertise them, then remove them. History has taught us one thing about SNK & SNKP, they are LAZY. Look at all the resources left in the Metal Slug games, etc. The stuff is in there, we just have to find out how to do it.

-Nick