NO FATALITIES in Samurai Showdown 5 Special

Syxx573

Azura's Swordsmith
Issen (BCD) is the move where you run toward the oppenent and it takes a lot of life away.

Also, each character has 2 special moves:

One when you have a full rage Gauge, like SS2 thru 4 which is done by doing QCF + CD (but there are some that are done with commands other than this)

And one when you have a full rage gauge AND your opponent's life is blue (QCB + CD).

Any of these produce fatalities either in the MVS version?

Last edited:

Razoola

Divine Hand of the UniBIOS,
Staff member
20 Year Member
I'm getting a little confused now... Am I right in saying that the only fatal moves in SSVS are done with the 'Zetsumei Ougi'? Also this move is only in SSVS, its not in SSV or SS4?

Raz

Syxx573

Azura's Swordsmith
Razoola said:
I'm getting a little confused now... Am I right in saying that the only fatal moves in SSVS are done with the 'Zetsumei Ougi'? Also this move is only in SSVS, its not in SSV or SS4?

Raz

That's right, Zetsumei Ougi is not in any other games.

As for the fatalities (whether you mean those special moves from the video, or just a simple slash to kill your opponent) are not showing up in the home version.

It has been confirmed that the Zetsumei Ougi's are in the MVS version.

It hasn't been confirmed if the standard "fatalities" (cut in half with a regular slash) are in the MVS version.

Last edited:

Ralf501

Crossed Swords Squire
Verythrax said:
What I figured reading this thread is that Zetsumei Ougi move is that running+cut+blood, without decapitations, etc.

Or the 2 are the same move, only with different violence levels?

Anyone can clarify this?

Zetsumei Ougi = Overkill. Yes they are in SSVS aes but they have been edited. These were the moves that were featured in the video that I made available.
In the edited Aes version the character just swipes across the opponent and slashes him/her. This can be found in SS5 Regular. So nothing special here.
SSVSpec is missing the original bloody Overkill (Zetsumei Ougi) moves and features the toned down Lev 1 Violence version.
There are also no fatalities in the game which were all found in SS1-SS4.

neojedi

Member,
20 Year Member
Razoola said:
Can someone explain to me a fatal move in ssvs with a character from ssv. I just wonder if the system is like ss4 where you get the special command message appear or does it work different?

Raz

finngamer said:
Here, Raz:

The method Verbatum posted and finngamer quoted is the usage in-game. For test purposes, however, I recommend turning Overkill on in the Practice menu and simply pulling qcb+CD.

Ralf501

Crossed Swords Squire
neojedi said:
The method Verbatum posted and finngamer quoted is the usage in-game. For test purposes, however, I recommend turning Overkill on in the Practice menu and simply pulling qcb+CD.

Turning Overkill on doesn't change the violence level in the game. You still get the same generic toned down overkill moves in normal game and in practice mode.

RabbitTroop

Mayor of Southtown, ,
20 Year Member
Ralf501 said:
Turning Overkill on doesn't change the violence level in the game. You still get the same generic toned down overkill moves in normal game and in practice mode.

I am pretty sure he means to test if the hack works.

Abster

Dodgeball Yakuza
Lets get this straight. They were referring to the brutality level as level 1. If the violence level was level 1 even the blood would be white. Lets hope the rom comes out and a hack for a clean uncut game becomes available. This is the reply I got when I make Herman aware of this issue.

"Candid and honest....With the issues in Iraq where hostages are
constantly taken and beheaded, I can not promise your request. We are
probably 12 months from USA release of both titles. I will send your
concern to development team but no promises. Please understand this is
a worldwide issue."

The Zetsumei Ougis were not in the first version of SS5. Only SS5 Special has the Zetsumei Ougis.

Verythrax

OWES ROT MONEY!
Abster said:
Lets hope the rom comes out and a hack for a clean uncut game becomes available. This is the reply I got when I make Herman aware of this issue.

:eek: That's what Ben Cunt told you? :emb:

chimpmeister

Former Moderator
Abster said:
Lets get this straight. They were referring to the brutality level as level 1. If the violence level was level 1 even the blood would be white. Lets hope the rom comes out and a hack for a clean uncut game becomes available. This is the reply I got when I make Herman aware of this issue.

"Candid and honest....With the issues in Iraq where hostages are
constantly taken and beheaded, I can not promise your request. We are
probably 12 months from USA release of both titles. I will send your
concern to development team but no promises. Please understand this is
a worldwide issue."

The Zetsumei Ougis were not in the first version of SS5. Only SS5 Special has the Zetsumei Ougis.

If it is a worldwide issue, then lets start censoring all the games currently out (there are tons of them) that feature any kind of violent acts. The GTA series, The Suffering, Manhunt, Silent Hill series, Postal series, Blood and Blood 2, even the Unreal Tournament games . . . thats really ridiculous. And what about all the violent and gory movies, there are tons of them out as well! WTF?!?!

At least leave these in, but build in a code so that they are not immediately available? This is a VIDEOGAME, not even remotely comparable to a movie or any photorealistic game. The characters are more cartoonish than realistic, inspired by anime rather than realism.

SNK just never gets this issue straight. They bungled this issue time and again over the years, and here we are once again with the same thing going on . . . REALLY sad. :oh_no:

Shito

King of Typists,
20 Year Member
Shito said:
Well, another thing I really fail to get is why Yuki AXED Kurokochi Yumeji out of the cast, rather then giving her few new unique animation/moves and keep her as a nice chara, with her shapeshifting ability and all.

You may say she was basically a Ukyo sprite edit, yes, but isn't Rasetsumaru just the same (even worse?). Again, aren't Hanzo and Galford still sharing 90% of their animations, just head-swapped?

As for me, I would have tweaked a bit Yumeji thus keeping her as a regular chara, and also kept Sankuro and Poppy as secret (comical) charas.

As for a final game, that would have been quite appropriate... getting all the stuff.

As for lost charas, Kuroko and Cham-Cham are the the most missed indeed... :-/

G.

Bump + discuss

Razoola

Divine Hand of the UniBIOS,
Staff member
20 Year Member
all I can say is Kill Bill.. cough.

Raz

thegreathopper

NAM-75 Vet
20 Year Member
Razoola

So what do you think Raz, any chance of a bios fix for this or do you think they have deleated the moves ??

Kazuki Dash

Samurai Shodown Swordsmith
Razoola, I'd just like to say I'm sure everyone is truly appreciative of how quickly you've jumped to tackle this problem...it's a disgrace that Playmore has left you as our hope to clean this mess, and personally I'd like to see all the people responsible for developing the Home Cart censorship surrender their salaries to you...
:buttrock:

Shito

King of Typists,
20 Year Member
So, just to sum up the situation, the possible ways are just two:

1) Razoola updating his unibios to someway allow soft-dip to be tricked in any game mode running on a home system

2) finding a beta version not yet 'edited' with the home lockout of the violence level-3, dumping the rom of the particular chip containing the lockout, and produce hacked homecarts

right?

drone9

Marked Wolf
apologies...

sorry. didn't mean to mess things up with my wording.
as a ss n00b (got my ss2 copy only last week) I should probably have made myself
a bit more acquainted with ss terms before posting the translation. :emb:
no harm intended. :crying:

bottom line is, whether zetsumei ougi are fatalities or overkill, they are the
moves that 1) are shown in the movie and 2) are missing from the aes version.
I chose fatalities as the translation since that was what I assumed them to be
according to the threads here.

regarding the "brutality" aka zangyaku level:
I can't say for sure that the above mentioned term diverse from "violence level" since
it is also used in conjunction with "white blood" at various Japanese message boards....

now confusion should be perfect. :cool:

whatever.

let's hope that Razoola can find a fix to the zetsumei ougi problem! :)

Abster

Dodgeball Yakuza
Verythrax said:
:eek: That's what Ben Cunt told you? :emb:

Let me make it more clear to you. I told Ben Herman about the issues with ALL AES releases of SS0 Special being censored, and I asked him to port the uncensored arcade version to consoles when the SS5/SS5 Special pack comes out for PS2 and Xbox next year. The quote I said on the previous reply was his response to my request.

Kim Kaphwan

Member,
20 Year Member
Is there a certain distance you have to be in, to perform the Zetsumei Ougi's? When you look at the ZO's video, each character performs the ZO's within sweep range distance. I was just wondering if anyone with a debug bios has tried to pull off the ZO's in sweep range. Just a stupid idea.

drone9

Marked Wolf
doesn't say anything like that in the Japanese descriptions I've read...

DanAdamKOF

Iori's Flame
20 Year Member
I think Resoglas suggested this (or someone), well I also suggest this (yes I said this in the other thread): What SNKP should do is offer a ROM swap serivce. Send in your cart, they replace the ROM with a new one with the fatalities intact, they send it back. I think this can work, it just needs willingness on SNKP's part (besides the cost of burning a lot of EPROMs and installing them is a lot less than the cost of a massive return of every single SS5S).

And I think it was Big Bear who said the whole bit about home cart owners not being kids... yeah I agree with that exactly. Think of this: who always complains about the violence in video games? The mothers. And who lives with their mothers? Kids. Do kids own a really expensive, niche game and system? Hell no! As for SNKP wanting to protect people from fatalities, well those people who would be offended by the likenes of the terrorism in Iraq wouldn't buy the game in the first place now would they?? I don't think anyone here blindly jumps into Neo game purchases; we all know what we're getting into, whether it be a practice mode or new characters or fatalities, so we're not going to finish someone off the right way and say "Oh my God they're making fun of those prisoners in Iraq, I did not want to see this in the game! This is entirely unexpected.". I know SNKP was trying to do the right thing to them but this is just absurd. We Neo fans are a loyal bunch, and SNKP should know better than to mistreat those few but proud who support them.

YeldellGW

Bartender,
20 Year Member
The thing I'm finding hilarious about all this censorship nonsense is that the suicides are still kept in.

And the lesson for today kids is, "taking another's life is bad, but taking one's own life is acceptable."

I guess all we need now is for some large terrorist organization to start commiting mast suicides, then that'll get removed as well... :oh_no:

RabbitTroop

Mayor of Southtown, ,
20 Year Member
YeldellGW said:
And the lesson for today kids is, "taking another's life is bad, but taking one's own life is acceptable."

I think you mean "honorable" ;)

Moose

Moose,
20 Year Member
Verbatum said:
The reason the individual overkills are missing is because it's not on the Dreamcast, the greatest system ever. You guys should really just throw away your Neo-Geos, because once you have a Dreamcast, you won't want to play your AES or MVS games, plus SNK put some of thier games on the Dreamcast, making them better. Plus, you have VGA support.

The only way you'll get your fatalities is if they use the power of the Deamcast. Clearly, the Neo-Geo can't handel it. Don't expect it to be good on the PS2 or XBOX either: They can't compare to the sheer power of the Dreamcast. THe PS2 and XBOX simply are not powerful enough to take on such a thing.

I hope you guys take my words of great wisdom here. You'll thank me later. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

You say it true blue Verbatum!! :buttrock: :buttrock: :buttrock:

Ill say this: It IS dissapointing that SNKP removed these at the last moment, especially for THE final release.
But its a little more dissapointing (and I know Im going to get flamed for this one) that people are THIS dissapointed in the absinence of killing in a game. I just find it a little sad that so many people here crave the violence so much. I can understand dissapointment, I was even looking forward to performing a few, but 273 replies worth of pure hatred now, just makes me a little sad.

Oh, and God Bless America.

Last edited: