How do I get girls to like me?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chicago Cheeseburgler Crew

BANNED , Banned , Here's why
10 Year Member
Sumez said:
Well gee. I'll delete it if it's such a problem.

Oh yeah?

Sumez said:
My post is probably going to drown among all the others in this thread.
But at least I have some good experience. Being the unattractive geek, and the guy all the women want. It might sound selfish, but I've been on both sides, so I know what I'm talking about.

First of all, don't change. Don't listen to any "drop the internet" or "lay off the Neo" crap. If the ideal girl doesn't like the idea of you being a game geek, you wouldn't want her, so why even bother? Also, as someone said, some girls like geeky boys. There are good and bad ways to be geeky, and anyone should be able to tell the difference. Even though my girlfriend really isn't into games, she thinks I'm cute when I'm getting over excited over a battle in Samurai Shodown, MotW or something like that, and shout out things or raise my arms in joy. Also, ALL people like games, they just don't realize it. Some girls take distance from them, because they don't know anything about it and find it geeky (in the repulsive way). But most girls can be talked into playing Puzzle Bubble/Bust-a-Move, Bomberman, Mario or something like that. My girlfriend found those herself on my Xbox (yeah yeah, teh romz and all that), and I often find her playing them when I get home :) - Just forget about Puyo Puyo. That requires too much brain activity ;)

Anyway, back to the subject. After not changing yourself at all, there's still something you need to change. You need to of course care about your appearance. I'm sorry, but unless you're good at going right on ahead and charm your way into her heart, you need HER to pay attention to YOU. And I don't think most game geeks are very good at the first thing. However, anyone can take daily showers and buy a deo. There are of course other points to your appearance:

1. Your expressions. This one is often overlooked, but the fact is that only few people look really good from nature's side, and only few are truly ugly. The spark in your eye, the way you smile, the way you stand and the way you act is all part of what you look like. Try looking at yourself in the mirror a lot. Get comfortable with your look. BELIEVE IN YOURSELF. Believe in the fact that you are attractive! I'm not talking spiritual bogus here. You can easily tell on someone's face when he's being nervous, and it's not attractive.
2. Clothes. A common problem around non-social people, geeks, etc. is that they don't care about the way they dress. I myself usually just wear jeans and a cheap t-shirt except for on special occasions. However, I believe the truth is that most people just are afraid of actually choosing clothes they like because they are afraid that it will look stupid to everyone else who knows more about fashion that they do. Well, try to observe people and find a style you think suits you, something that you are comfortable in. Doesn't matter that it might seem a bit extreme, as long as you are comfortable. And don't be afraid of geeky logos, etc. In modern society, Pac-man is actually cool!
3. The rest. Showing that you care about your looks means everything! Even if it's just a little. As a general rule, girls like hair. Preferably a bit messy, and long hair is always a win! While you can look good with short hair, it's always easier with long hair. Dye it if it has a boring color. Again, it shows that you care about how you look. Pluck your eyebrows. I'm not talking feminine, thin eyebrows. Just pluck the hairs that go outside the natural line of your brows. It seems barely visible when you do it, but it actually means a lot. And if you think a certain piercing would look good on you, don't hesitate to do it. It really doesn't hurt, trust me. A brow piercing or a ring in the lower lip is almost certain to look good. In the more "extreme" end, you should consider using a little makeup. Not in a feminine way, just be discrete. But I wouldn't recommend this if you don't have a female to guide you. Finally, stop biting your nails and start filing them instead! Girls care ridicolously much about nails :spock:

Alright. Second you need to find the girls. The internet is common nowadays, which is great news for anti social geeks. Most girls have internet access, and are probably flooding some useless community somewhere. And with MSN taking over ICQ, Yahoo and AIM, all girls now have instant messengers!(!!). They are usually all over the pet forums, but try finding a place dealing with something that interests you, which isn't male dominated like Neo Geo... But really, any internet community which is somehow centered around a place near you is a great way to build up a social circle for RL too. This is probably a lot easier in a small country than USA, but what do I know. If you already have a social circle, then that's great. No problem there.

Next, there are two ways to go. The easy way is going to a party, getting really drunk and getting the girl drunk. If you managed to be just a tiny bit attractive (read above), you'll probably end up kissing. Don't ask me how, I've always been too drunk to remember.
The hard way is actually getting to know the girl and then scoring with her. I have only done this twice. Once again, the internet comes in handy. Because I'm really crap at talking on the phone, and even IRL I'm not very good at one on one conversations with people I don't know well. And that's why it's great that nowadays, all girls have MSN Messenger accounts. Find her username/e-mail, by whatever means is possible. It's of course always possible to just ask her. Have frequent conversations with her on MSN. If possible, arrange meetings for just the two of you. There are many "innocent" ways for a guy and a girl to meet up. Like shopping or going to the movies. At one point, you'll probably end up talking about love, lust, attractions, etc. The closer the conversation gets to the point of you+her, the easier it will be to say that you adore her, or even better, getting her to tell you. It's really just a matter of having the courage to say it, and it doesn't really matter if you say it over a conversation about silverware or the weather, but there are just circumstances where it's easier to pull off than others. It's individual. As always, being drunk is still the best way. :)

I just quoted it, now it's here forever.

WAY TO FUCKING BLOW IT CHESTER!

aria

Former Moderator
Stinky-Dinkins said:
Oh yeah?

I just quoted it, now it's here forever.

WAY TO FUCKING BLOW IT CHESTER!

Ownage!

Somehow this thread still manages to entertain.

RAINBOW PONY

DASH DARK ANDY K,
20 Year Member
Bobak said:
Ownage!

Somehow this thread still manages to entertain.

Until the end of time itself. I hope this topic never gets purged.

We should have a "Golden Topics" forum where we keep all the best topics forever.

smuf

Vice's Love Slave
15 Year Member
It would be funny if someone who knows Makismo IRL would somehow stumble on this thread.

Orpheus

One Nut,
20 Year Member
shir0 said:
I'm a motherfuckin 70-80 thousand dollar nugga. :kekeke:

OMG!
Did anyone else notice that that post was not ended with yet another "Later, Shir0"
Some one better check on hell and make sure it hasn't frozen over.

RAINBOW PONY

DASH DARK ANDY K,
20 Year Member
ORPHEUS said:
OMG!
Did anyone else notice that that post was not ended with yet another "Later, Shir0"
Some one better check on hell and make sure it hasn't frozen over.

It's been like that for a few weeks now, I'm getting worried.

Maybe he's not sure he'll be here "later"? OMG is he sick?

gatsu25

Galford's Armourer
I must say, this is quite possibly the best thread i have ever read.. hey that rhymed

galfordo

Analinguist of the Year
15 Year Member
madmanjock said:
it needs to be said... did Mak get any "new year" action?

Only if you count a failed suicide attempt as action.

Arcademan

Now...It's OFFICIAL!!!
20 Year Member
LongDuckShlong said:
Last activity was at 10-25-04. I think he has been getting layed ever since! :buttrock:

You don't know Mak very well, do you? :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.