Page 5 of 171 FirstFirst 1234567891555105 ... LastLast
Results 101 to 125 of 4267

Thread: How do I get girls to like me?

  1. #101
    Super Spy Agent
    son_of_bael's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Philly

    Posts
    767
    Quote Originally Posted by JHendrix
    Posted again for emphasis.

    Quoted again for emphasis.
    Great NG.com members to deal with: 8man, AntiPasta, asian_red_star, beh3moth, BIG BEAR, buster_broon, ckchan, crazy4ercole, crazycanuck, crazysquirrel, daz007, Harry Hazard, JHendrix, J0e Musashi, jeff10, johnno15, KOF RUGAL B, Kusanagi-sama', madmanjock, moonwhistle, msu89dawgs, neo_geo_aes, neogeo2k2, neogeofl, O. Yashiro, Pocketgamer, Plisken, radiantgun, ralfgamer, richfoadbambam, RingoC, rugal2000, Simon Belmont, Steve, soopafamicom, thegreathopper, twodeepuzzler, unite2k, yuckydog, Zak

  2. #102
    Formerly known as dmhawkmoon TheBigBB's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    NJ

    Posts
    6,132
    Forget any of this nonsense about changing your look or your hobbies or anything like that. I know tons of attractive women who like nerdy guys. I know tons who don't. People are different. You can meet women who like almost any kind of guy. There's not one right way to be. BUT you need a few things no matter what. Mostly, you need to get out and talk to people. This is a life skill that needs to be developed for years. The ability to talk to a person, know when to take the hint that they want you gone, and know how to be confident and interesting enough to keep their attention. Now this is not a matter of changing any interests or who you are, but a matter of proper expression. SOMEONE will like what you have to say if you express it properly. You just need to get out there and do it. If you never developed this skill very well, it would make sense that you never meet women.

    Seriously, though, don't go selling your games or stop using the internet or buy new clothes. These things aren't important to all women. If you want to find the right woman, do what you want to do and find the woman who likes that. The women who are all over the well-dressed super-model types aren't going to go for you no matter what you do. Find a chick who likes nerds. My ex wished I had been MORE nerdy.... Go figure.

  3. #103
    Pancho Villa is my Direct Ancestor
    leGionellz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Amsterdam, the Netherlands
    Posts
    1,806
    Quote Originally Posted by dmhawkmoon
    Forget any of this nonsense about changing your look or your hobbies or anything like that. I know tons of attractive women who like nerdy guys. I know tons who don't. People are different. You can meet women who like almost any kind of guy. There's not one right way to be. BUT you need a few things no matter what. Mostly, you need to get out and talk to people. This is a life skill that needs to be developed for years. The ability to talk to a person, know when to take the hint that they want you gone, and know how to be confident and interesting enough to keep their attention. Now this is not a matter of changing any interests or who you are, but a matter of proper expression. SOMEONE will like what you have to say if you express it properly. You just need to get out there and do it. If you never developed this skill very well, it would make sense that you never meet women.

    Seriously, though, don't go selling your games or stop using the internet or buy new clothes. These things aren't important to all women. If you want to find the right woman, do what you want to do and find the woman who likes that. The women who are all over the well-dressed super-model types aren't going to go for you no matter what you do. Find a chick who likes nerds. My ex wished I had been MORE nerdy.... Go figure.

  4. #104
    Krauser's Shoe Shiner

    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    236
    Quote Originally Posted by dmhawkmoon
    Forget any of this nonsense about changing your look or your hobbies or anything like that. I know tons of attractive women who like nerdy guys. I know tons who don't. People are different. You can meet women who like almost any kind of guy. There's not one right way to be. BUT you need a few things no matter what. Mostly, you need to get out and talk to people. This is a life skill that needs to be developed for years. The ability to talk to a person, know when to take the hint that they want you gone, and know how to be confident and interesting enough to keep their attention. Now this is not a matter of changing any interests or who you are, but a matter of proper expression. SOMEONE will like what you have to say if you express it properly. You just need to get out there and do it. If you never developed this skill very well, it would make sense that you never meet women.

    Seriously, though, don't go selling your games or stop using the internet or buy new clothes. These things aren't important to all women. If you want to find the right woman, do what you want to do and find the woman who likes that. The women who are all over the well-dressed super-model types aren't going to go for you no matter what you do. Find a chick who likes nerds. My ex wished I had been MORE nerdy.... Go figure.
    As much as I don't have a problem with you, I still think you're wrong.

    If you want any girl worth something, You will have good personal hygiene. You will dress decent, even if it's not Prada. In addition, a workplace worth having a career at will not even take a second look if these qualifications are not met.

    There is a difference between a hot nerd.. and a fucking pathetic dork.

    Obviously, if girls liked his looks, he would not be in this situation. Face it. Even the unattractive looking guys with an asshole attitude still at least have friends and a few girls. Just remember hygiene.

  5. #105
    Gal Ageise's Demon
    Makismo's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Dallas, TX
    Posts
    2,071
    I have given my picture to a few people but so far no one has posted it up. I have a picture of myself and if you want to post it then let me know and I will send it to you. Then maybe you can see the problems I am having with my looks. Thanks for your time.

  6. #106
    I am untouchable Liquid Snake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2000
    Location
    Texas

    Posts
    11,242
    Quote Originally Posted by Makismo
    I have given my picture to a few people but so far no one has posted it up. I have a picture of myself and if you want to post it then let me know and I will send it to you. Then maybe you can see the problems I am having with my looks. Thanks for your time.
    My friend, just go out more often and meet people.
    I don't think appearance is the main issue, you'll need more of self-confident.

  7. #107
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    USA

    Posts
    3,619

    icon25.gif

    Quote Originally Posted by Makismo
    I haven't had a friend in years. I don't have anyone really. I like to talk to my cats a lot but they aren't that great of company.


    Last edited by Freelancer; 07-12-2004 at 09:12 AM.

  8. #108
    BANNED
    Banned
    Here's why
    Chicago Cheeseburgler Crew's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Africa

    Posts
    24,475
    Quote Originally Posted by Makismo
    I have given my picture to a few people but so far no one has posted it up. I have a picture of myself and if you want to post it then let me know and I will send it to you. Then maybe you can see the problems I am having with my looks. Thanks for your time.
    Dinkins wants to post your picture. Dinkins wants to post it real bad. Please PM Dinkins the picture link.

  9. #109
    Flagstaff Up
    Phoenix Down's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Alexandria, VA

    Posts
    3,604

    icon21.gif

    In other unimportant news....

    +1

  10. #110
    BANNED
    Banned
    Here's why
    Chicago Cheeseburgler Crew's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Africa

    Posts
    24,475

    MAKISMO PICTURE

    Makismo has sent Dinkins his picture so that it can be posted within this thread. Proof that when one trusts in Dinkins good things happen...


    MAKISMO

  11. #111
    Ace Gho
    Lovecraft0110's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Originally from Asturias, Spain. Currently located in Hannover, Germany.

    Posts
    1,349
    @Makismo:

    Man, you have received tons of good advice in this thread (Galfordo's posts were particularly insightfuly IMO, and more serious than could be expected, lol), and yet you seem to be paying no attention to what people are telling you.

    If you pay no heed to a good piece of advice, then STFU. The only thing you're doing is repeating over and over: look at my pic! look at my pic! For god's sake, either listen up or shut up.

  12. #112
    Some Sort of Brain Damaged Buddha terry.330's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Shining like the sun and rocking green gators.

    Posts
    5,611
    If you need somebody to love you invest in a mirror.
    Spoiler:


    instagrams: sapienart

    Average Joe: Do you think the internet has ruined me?

    Me: No, I think it's ruined all of us.

  13. #113
    Belnar Institute Student
    Eliza's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Philippines

    Posts
    609
    Hmmm...want to try friendster or something like if you still want to meet girls and not part with your keyboard...However...NOTHING BEATS GOING OUT...SO IF YOU REALLY WANT TO KNOW IF YOU ARE ATTRACTIVE OR NOT GO OUT IN THE REAL WORLD...BE YOURSELF...ITS EASY TO START

    1. LOG OUT
    2. SHUT THE COMPUTER DOWN (save your files first)
    3. LOCK YOUR NEO WHATEVER AWAY FOR A WHILE
    4. STEP OUT OF THE HOUSE...

    A new game begins

    ROUND 1 "FIGHT"

    and if you F..k up a very dif reset button awaits

    PLEASE SIR DO IT FOR YOU!!!
    Last edited by Eliza; 07-12-2004 at 01:53 PM.

  14. #114
    I am untouchable Liquid Snake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2000
    Location
    Texas

    Posts
    11,242

    Thumbs up

    Quote Originally Posted by Eliza
    Hmmm...want to try friendster or something like if you still want to meet girls and not part with your keyboard...However...NOTHING BEATS GOING OUT...SO IF YOU REALLY WANT TO KNOW IF YOU ARE ATTRACTIVE OR NOT GO OUT IN THE REAL WORLD...BE YOURSELF...ITS EASY TO START

    1. LOG OUT
    2. SHUT THE COMPUTER DOWN (save your files first)
    3. LOCK YOUR NEO WHATEVER AWAY FOR A WHILE
    4. STEP OUT OF THE HOUSE...

    A new game begins

    ROUND 1 "FIGHT"

    and if you F..k up a very dif reset button awaits

    PLEASE SIR DO IT FOR YOU!!!
    Insightful

  15. #115
    Belnar Institute Student
    Eliza's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Philippines

    Posts
    609
    @Liquid Snake

    Thank you sir...as for me Iv been away from home for far too long

  16. #116
    Galford's Armourer
    breal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Tampa, Fl
    Posts
    457
    Quote Originally Posted by JHendrix
    Damn that is the best BWAAAAHAHA

  17. #117
    Double Beef Smacks GregN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2000
    Location
    The Bold North

    Posts
    17,022
    - Go to those dating sites (only pay ones tho; free ones don't cut it) like Match.com
    - Go outside. Seriously. Don't keep yourself on house arrest too long; the chics aren't going to come and hunt for you.
    ~ On the other hand, don't turn into a manwhore whos cellphone is constantly ringing, who spends no time @ home. Chill out, take some quiet me time, soak it all in, and give yourself some introspective space. Get to know yourself better this way.

    - Stop giving a shit. Weird as it is, finding a job and a g/f seems to happen to people who aren't really looking . It finds them by accident. It seems to happen out of the blue, when you're distracted by something else.

    Let's be realistic.

    Step one. Go to a decent store. If you don't have a lot of money, try some smaller department store and buy yourself khaki slacks and a button up shirt that is pressed and crisp to perfection. No jeans. At least get two of these outfits to start off with. Get good shoes to go with it. Girls pay attention to shoes. Preferably black ones (Remember, none of that low class trashy tennis shoes look).
    Yea, don't wear clothes with stains and holes, but judging someone by what they wear is pretty shallow if you ask me. Some of the coolest and classiest people I've met in my life wear shoddy clothes, and some real assholes dress like the pretty boys you describe. The reverse is true too. Why not talk to the person first before you make shallow judgements?

    Quit smoking. It's a disgusting habit. Not only do you stink, but your breath smells like shit. Personally, I don't mind a casual smoke of argila, but that's about it.
    Touche.

    Brush your teeth and get a teeth whitening. If you can't afford a professional one, try Crest White Strips. Always have breath mints or gum.
    Brush your teeth, yes. Pro? No. Teeth whitener = worthless. Does you no good. Cosmetic only.

    To remove your stench, take a shower (YES, EVERYDAY!).
    If you don't smell, don't bathe, but bathe every 2-3 days @ least. There's a mental connection between bathing that can't be overlooked.

    Use nice cologne that isn't overwhelming. Try something by Ralph Lauren.
    Cologne and perfume is skunky and overdone. Don't bother. Ralph Lauren? Yuppie.

    Get your nails trimmed and clean. Same goes for the nasty feet.
    Agreed.

    Don't pop your zits. Go to the doctor and get a topical gel to take care of the problem. They will write out a prescription.
    Washing your face everyday with soap and water will get you the same results.

    Shave. If you have tasteful groomed sideburns, leave them. But everything else has to go.
    Agreed.

    MOVE OUT of your parents house! That's NEVER going to go over well with women. It's fucking pathetic. Get some education, class, and a career.
    I know people that live with their girlfriend's parents. Doesn't matter where you live. It depends on the circumstances. Economic times are tough for some of us, and you've gotta do what you've gotta do; moreover, I think rent is a waste of money. Staying at home and saving money for your own house can be a wise choice. I bet you've never lived on your own, paying your own bills, have you Mistress Dragon?
    Last edited by GregN; 07-12-2004 at 03:09 PM.



    Pre-Order now to avoid disappointment.

  18. #118
    Gal Ageise's Demon
    Makismo's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Dallas, TX
    Posts
    2,071

    icon15.gif

    OK, I put some good smelling stuff on and waited outside for some girls in my class to come by. They did finally come by - 4 of them in fact. I am pretty sure I heard one girl say to another girl, "Are you asking me if I have fucked him yet?" I have been wondering all day if they were talking about me but probably not. I tried to start up a conversation with them but I didn't get much of a response from them. I decided to take off my glasses for a long time and clean them. I did this so they could see how I looked with my glasses off.

    Finally, one of the girls asks me about when the test is so I tell her. A few of the other girls chimed in. On of the girls whispered to the other girl, "He's cute." I have to wonder if they were talking about me but since I was the only guy around - maybe so unless they saw some other guy walking down the street at that same time. I then looked at my watch and saw that 10 minutes had passed so it was time to go in for class. I said, "I will see you all in class." Some of the girls said "Byyyeeee!" I sounded kind of like a happy flirty "Bye" if you ask me.

    After class ended, I held the door open for two of the girls because the first two had already gone through the door before me. The girls said a very happy, "Thank You!" I think that I might be going somewhere. I am going to keep it cool and try not to talk to much. At least they aren't running away from me at this point so I have something to build on. Maybe I can start a study group with them in the near future. We will see what happens.

  19. #119
    Andy's Clothes Designer
    shirt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    timeless micro-infinity

    Posts
    3,349
    Quote Originally Posted by Makismo
    OK, I put some good smelling stuff on and waited outside for some girls in my class to come by. They did finally come by - 4 of them in fact. I am pretty sure I heard one girl say to another girl, "Are you asking me if I have fucked him yet?" I have been wondering all day if they were talking about me but probably not. I tried to start up a conversation with them but I didn't get much of a response from them. I decided to take off my glasses for a long time and clean them. I did this so they could see how I looked with my glasses off.

    Finally, one of the girls asks me about when the test is so I tell her. A few of the other girls chimed in. On of the girls whispered to the other girl, "He's cute." I have to wonder if they were talking about me but since I was the only guy around - maybe so unless they saw some other guy walking down the street at that same time. I then looked at my watch and saw that 10 minutes had passed so it was time to go in for class. I said, "I will see you all in class." Some of the girls said "Byyyeeee!" I sounded kind of like a happy flirty "Bye" if you ask me.

    After class ended, I held the door open for two of the girls because the first two had already gone through the door before me. The girls said a very happy, "Thank You!" I think that I might be going somewhere. I am going to keep it cool and try not to talk to much. At least they aren't running away from me at this point so I have something to build on. Maybe I can start a study group with them in the near future. We will see what happens.
    Good, welcome to a 6th grade dating level.

  20. #120
    BANNED
    Banned
    Here's why
    Chicago Cheeseburgler Crew's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Africa

    Posts
    24,475
    Quote Originally Posted by Makismo
    OK, I put some good smelling stuff on and waited outside for some girls in my class to come by. They did finally come by - 4 of them in fact. I am pretty sure I heard one girl say to another girl, "Are you asking me if I have fucked him yet?" I have been wondering all day if they were talking about me but probably not.

    BWAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH AHAHAHAHAHAH!

    WOOOOOOOHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

    That's gold, Makismo. GOLD!

    AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH AHAHA!

  21. #121
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    USA

    Posts
    3,619

    icon25.gif

    Quote Originally Posted by Stinky-Dinkins
    Makismo has sent Dinkins his picture so that it can be posted within this thread. Proof that when one trusts in Dinkins good things happen...


    MAKISMO
    Is that really him?

  22. #122
    BANNED
    Banned
    Here's why
    Chicago Cheeseburgler Crew's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Africa

    Posts
    24,475
    Quote Originally Posted by Freelancer
    Is that really him?
    Yes.

  23. #123
    I am untouchable Liquid Snake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2000
    Location
    Texas

    Posts
    11,242
    Quote Originally Posted by Makismo
    OK, I put some good smelling stuff on and waited outside for some girls in my class to come by. They did finally come by - 4 of them in fact. I am pretty sure I heard one girl say to another girl, "Are you asking me if I have fucked him yet?" I have been wondering all day if they were talking about me but probably not. I tried to start up a conversation with them but I didn't get much of a response from them. I decided to take off my glasses for a long time and clean them. I did this so they could see how I looked with my glasses off.

    Finally, one of the girls asks me about when the test is so I tell her. A few of the other girls chimed in. On of the girls whispered to the other girl, "He's cute." I have to wonder if they were talking about me but since I was the only guy around - maybe so unless they saw some other guy walking down the street at that same time. I then looked at my watch and saw that 10 minutes had passed so it was time to go in for class. I said, "I will see you all in class." Some of the girls said "Byyyeeee!" I sounded kind of like a happy flirty "Bye" if you ask me.

    After class ended, I held the door open for two of the girls because the first two had already gone through the door before me. The girls said a very happy, "Thank You!" I think that I might be going somewhere. I am going to keep it cool and try not to talk to much. At least they aren't running away from me at this point so I have something to build on. Maybe I can start a study group with them in the near future. We will see what happens.
    Your first paragraph reminds me of first "Spiderman" movie......

    Anyway, that's a good sign for the entry level of dating

    "I am pretty sure I heard one girl say to another girl, "Are you asking me if I have fucked him yet?" I have been wondering all day if they were talking about me but probably not. " is a definite classic comment in N-G.com

  24. #124
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    USA

    Posts
    3,619
    Quote Originally Posted by Liquid Snake

    "I am pretty sure I heard one girl say to another girl, "Are you asking me if I have fucked him yet?" I have been wondering all day if they were talking about me but probably not. " is a definite classic comment in N-G.com
    Could very well be the next "Bullshit Lie" I'd say....

  25. #125
    BANNED
    Banned
    Here's why
    Chicago Cheeseburgler Crew's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Africa

    Posts
    24,475
    I'm still friggin' laughing.

    Oh... oh man... holy shit...

    Why would one girl turn to another girl after having some random dude open up the door for them and say "Hey, did you fuck that guy?"

    Awesome.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •