Fun Fun Brothers?

Tempest

Ninja Combat Warrior
15 Year Member
Now that Ghostlop has finally made it out to the general public (albeit illegally), is there any chance that Fun Fun Brothers might be 'released' in the same way? I've always been fascinated by this game, mainly because of the Blues Brothers theme.

So who owns the prototype? Is there more than one? Is there any chance this one will get released?

Tempest

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Larry Bassin owns one he doesn't share, Billy Pitt reviewed it I think for snk-capcom.com that's all he'll do.

So no. Not likely

RabbitTroop

Mayor of Southtown, ,
20 Year Member
It's been dumped and copied a few times among the "1337"... there are a few out there. It's actually the proto I want the most as well, but I won't keep my hopes up.

Tempest

Ninja Combat Warrior
15 Year Member
What a shame.

Any other Neo Geo prototypes floating around out there that might get released?

Tempest

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Billy Pitt has Last Odyssey, maybe that'll get freed sometime.

Tempest

Ninja Combat Warrior
15 Year Member
I think someone also has a Zintrick proto out there somewhere. I've seen a few "MVS Copies" out there on ebay, but I think they may have been CD rips (they all said they have no music).

Tempest

redrum666

Mai's Apprentice
Tempest said:
I think someone also has a Zintrick proto out there somewhere. I've seen a few "MVS Copies" out there on ebay, but I think they may have been CD rips (they all said they have no music).

Tempest

thats what i read on this forum that all the Zintrick proto mvs cart are just CD rips

Tempest

Ninja Combat Warrior
15 Year Member
thats what i read on this forum that all the Zintrick proto mvs cart are just CD rips

No there's actually an MVS proto out there. I don't think it's been copied though.

Tempest

Moose

Moose,
20 Year Member
whoa whoa whoa, cd rips? Thats the first Ive heard of something like this. I didnt know it was possible. How (in a nutshell, without giving me ideas how to do it) does this really work? And I BELIEVE that NGF sold some protos such as Iron Clad MVS, Pool Masters MVS (is that even in the master list) Bang Busters MVS, and a few more.

And about the master list...

028 Sammy Dunk Star Screenshots & Video / Flier found
1991 035 ADK Mystic Wand Screenshots & Video
1994 071 Visco Bang² Busters Screenshots & Video
1995 072 Yumekobo Karate Ninja Sho Screenshots
1995 077 Astec Warlocks of the Fates / Shinryu Senki Screenshots
1997 204 Success Q.P. Screenshots
1995 210 Monolith Last Odyssey : Pinball Fantasia Screenshots & Video
1996 226 Sunsoft Herbeke's Pair Pair Wars Screenshots / Flier found
1996 228 Data East Ghostlop Cartridge Confirmed
2002 258 ADK Dance RhythMIX Screenshots
2003 ? Brezzasoft Poker Kingdom
1995 ? Viccom The Eye of Typhoon Screenshots
1996 ? SNK Kizuna Encounter Special Edition Screenshots

....... :annoyed: Where can I FIND ALL THESE videos, and screens of Bang Busters!?!?!?
And lastly, where the heck does Billy Pitt and other proto hunters score these games?

Last edited:

Tempest

Ninja Combat Warrior
15 Year Member
Mystic Wand and Sunshine are two other protos I'd love to get my hands on...

that fun fun brothers was mine back in 1998 i was an idiot for selling it but I needed the money I still regret that I sold it I wish I had kept it !!!!!

Been there, done that. I've sold a few protos in my day that I now REALLY regret letting go. Hopefully another one will turn up some day...

Tempest

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Tempest said:
Been there, done that. I've sold a few protos in my day that I now REALLY regret letting go. Hopefully another one will turn up some day...

Tempest

Neo protos?

DevilRedeemed

teh
20 Year Member
dojosky said:
that fun fun brothers was mine back in 1998 i was an idiot for selling it but I needed the money I still regret that I sold it I wish I had kept it !!!!!

really? how does the game play? any good?

and does billy pitt really own that pinball game? first I heard of it.

Amano Jacu

Charles Barkley
Moose said:
whoa whoa whoa, cd rips? Thats the first Ive heard of something like this. I didnt know it was possible. How (in a nutshell, without giving me ideas how to do it) does this really work? And I BELIEVE that NGF sold some protos such as Iron Clad MVS, Pool Masters MVS (is that even in the master list) Bang Busters MVS, and a few more.
....... :annoyed: Where can I FIND ALL THESE videos, and screens of Bang Busters!?!?!?
And lastly, where the heck does Billy Pitt and other proto hunters score these games?

Well, the Neo Geo CD is basically the same hardware as the MVS, so you just need to take the game data from the disc and convert it into rom format you can put in a cart that will play in the MVS. Of course you lose the music as that is in full audio CD. It has been done with Zintrick, and there have been attempts to do the same with other suitable CD-only games, like Final Romance 2, Ironclad and Crossed Swords 2, but those are just too difficult. Other CD-only games like Samurai Shodown RPG are just impossible to convert due to being totally different.

If you want pics of the protos and more info try:

http://members.tripod.com/fresa/proto/puzzle.htm

About getting the protos, you need mad contacts with the arcade industry and a lot of money.

dojosky

Zero's Secretary
it was a fun game !!! it was sort of a tetris clone but with blues brothers style/theme ... I bought it for $25 at gamemasters in san leandro california and lawrence bassins bought it from me for $500 if we were not moving I would've kept it but needed the damn money at that moment dammit ! it was an home cart aes home cart no label and it was in a weird case (nec case) with foam pieces in it rather than using a geniune snk case don't flame me I bought it like that way from game masters !!!

RabbitTroop

Mayor of Southtown, ,
20 Year Member
dojosky said:
it was a fun game !!! it was sort of a tetris clone but with blues brothers style/theme ... I bought it for $25 at gamemasters in san leandro california and lawrence bassins bought it from me for $500 if we were not moving I would've kept it but needed the damn money at that moment dammit ! it was an home cart aes home cart no label and it was in a weird case (nec case) with foam pieces in it rather than using a geniune snk case don't flame me I bought it like that way from game masters !!!

Heh, I still say you made out pretty well on that deal. $25 for the proto, $475 in profit... no shame to that... and at least you got to play it.

Chicago Cheeseburgler Crew

BANNED , Banned , Here's why
10 Year Member
nruva said:
Heh, I still say you made out pretty well on that deal. $25 for the proto, $475 in profit... no shame to that... and at least you got to play it.

Imagine what that would fetch on eBay today....

Tempest

Ninja Combat Warrior
15 Year Member
Yeah what ever happened with that supposed Neo Pool Masters proto? Has anyone actually seen or heard of such a game? IIRC they were supposed to show it at CGE 2K2 but I never saw it (I was there and walked by their booth quite a bit). Sounds like a hoax to me.

Tempest

Tempest

Ninja Combat Warrior
15 Year Member
Rather than start a new thread, I thought I'd necro bump my old one.

Does the same guy still own that Fun Fun bros proto or has it changed hands in the last 14 years? Any chance he'd be willing to release it now or sell copies? It seems that the few known Neo Geo protos out there are held pretty tightly with little info being made public.

Last edited:

Niko

Whip's Subordinate
I doubt it, They are being kept private so they can be used as trade bait for other protos.

I heard the only known copy of SunShine was lost due to a flood before it could be preserved.

Tempest

Ninja Combat Warrior
15 Year Member
I doubt it, They are being kept private so they can be used as trade bait for other protos.

I heard the only known copy of SunShine was lost due to a flood before it could be preserved.

I thought that was Herbereke Pair Pair Wars? Or did SunShine meet a similar fate? That would be a shame since that one always interested me. Not because it was an interesting game (looks like a bog standard Tetris clone), but because it looked like one of those games you could zone out on while playing (something about those tropical backgrounds).

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
Hands down the most interesting proto to come out was Dragons Heaven. Thanks very much to NTM who did the right thing and released it, now it's on my NeoSD!