!!the BIG RB2 thread!! (updated 23/7/04 : chonrei)

Freeman-12

Rugal's Thug
I can't belive you fucktards haven't bumped this thread in 4 MONTHS?!?!?!
Yo Baratoz what were the names of the songs & bands you used in your combo vids?

BigFred

Neither Big nor Fred, ,
Freeman-12 said:
*Bump*
BTW, this site has some pretty neat matches.

Downloaded a few vids. They aren't great quality, but I can't complain, I did like a few matches though. I haven't seen Chonrei being used the way he has been in the vids so it's good to see.

The Geese players need to command throw a lot more but that's just my opinion. I love the the b+B command throw setup, I've seen in the past and I was hoping to see some Duck King action. Oh well...

As for your previous post regarding Baratoz' vids- the band is highly well known - "Iron Maiden". The band "Ramstein" was also used in 1 vid.

A variety of songs were used. "Aces High", "Sun and Steel", "Losfer Words (Big 'Orra)", "The Wicker Man", "The Mercenary".

BigFred

Neither Big nor Fred, ,
The site Freeman-12 posted has had a few recent updates ie more vids are up.

If peeps are interested.

BigFred

Neither Big nor Fred, ,
Freeman-12 said:
Yup, those B. Mary matches are WHACK! ...and ppl say she's low tier!

Problem is that her S.Power is unblockable. Enough pressure and it's hard to see coming. Looks hella sweet when they poke into it though - b+B, B, Mary Typhoon.

The Blue Mary players however would initiate P.Power status often but failed to make good use out of it many times. One match in particular, one of the B. Mary players performed the mini swing pursuit instead of the Dynamite Spin and ended up losing the round. Had they have chosen to perform the proper P.Power it would have been game over for the opponent (probably threw the match).

In the latest addition, I really enjoyed the Lawrence vs Rick Strowd matches. Rick just seems way too strong but he's so damn cool that no one seems to care.

E=MC2

Ass Troll,, Ignorant, , , , (Do Not Resuscitate)
these guys are good, not all that great. my mary is better and she aint high tier. not like rick, terry and geese and kim. these players hardly use the right combos in the right situations, times when they couldve finished the opponent they do another combo and let them live, with enemies ppower activated somethimes too.

there is one thing about mary that she has more than any other character in the game. and thats that you miss her when shes supposed to get hit. for instance if you jump on her with an attack and she does an attack or a crouching attack you hit right through her (FFII, SSII anyone?), and you gotta wait for a split second to recover on the ground from the attack and thats when she can nail you in the most dishonost way with a combo, especially if the ppower is activated. problem with mary is if your opponent plays her too she becomes predictable and you know how to handle that shit. a lot of her moves and combos end with an opening or load before releasing the move.

p.s. billy is cheap. (not like alfred though).

BUMP

after the PS2 real bout collection has been released maybe there are some more people interested in this game (like me >_<) ...so...i play xiangfei, she rocks ! i want to know the craziest showoff combos possible with her ! like : vs. krauser j.A j.B j.C land j.A j.B j.C land A B :downf: C :qcf: A :dragf: B

i know that i can replace :dragf: B with :forw: :downb: :forw: C~A+B :forw: :downb: :forw: A+B

one question...is it possible to combo :forw: :hcf: B+C after her A~:up: counter ? thx

Irem

New Challenger
Pocketgamer said:
yeah I got RB2 and it :buttrock:s

Same here! Just got it.

I'm still struggling: This or Garou?

I'm leaning towards this (more characters, old faves such as Mai..).

E=MC2

xenophobian said:
BUMP

after the PS2 real bout collection has been released maybe there are some more people interested in this game (like me >_<) ...so...i play xiangfei, she rocks ! i want to know the craziest showoff combos possible with her ! like : vs. krauser j.A j.B j.C land j.A j.B j.C land A B :downf: C :qcf: A :dragf: B

i know that i can replace :dragf: B with :forw: :downb: :forw: C~A+B :forw: :downb: :forw: A+B

one question...is it possible to combo :forw: :hcf: B+C after her A~:up: counter ? thx

yeah its possible.

Pocketgamer

Ukyo's Doctor
15 Year Member
Irem said:
Same here! Just got it.

I'm still struggling: This or Garou?

I'm leaning towards this (more characters, old faves such as Mai..).

well Garou has overall fluid controls easy to pull off specials and really nice graphics followed by nice animation and story board scenes. But RB2 has tons of characters a la anime style also smooth controls although you must be better to pull off the specials and power meters. The story in RB2 isn't as tight as Garou but the character selection makes up for this and if you score 750000 or more win all ten fights with out a loss, use either 5 power specials or 7 specials you get to fight Alfred a hidden boss character.:D

Irem

New Challenger
RB2 is pretty much a dreammatch indeed, its obvious that RB1 was the last canonical FF, before MOTW. But yeah Garou MOTW is pretty fricking good too, it has near perfect gameplay. Always appreciated new style Terry :)

Both are simply masterpieces, but Garou AES won't enter my console for some time (considering the price it commands). For now, I'm happy with RB2 =)

I'm deffo going to try some of those Geese strats, as he is my favorite FF character.

E=MC2

2 funny little bob combos on specific opponents.

against cheng.

j+C, df+A, df+B, df+C, dp+B, qcb+B (keep moving forward), now depending on the opponent either keep juggling with the qcb+B move or d-u+C or f-hcf+C.

against chonsu or chonrei.

f+C (grab), df-df+C, dp+B, qcb+B now depending on the opponent finish it of like you would with cheng.

@rai, you've read my yamazaki question in your thread?

edit. MOTW is far more perfected than RB2, no infinites, no bad hit boxes, better animation, actual story, far better endings, better art but not by much.

cons, smaller character sprites, lesser cool characters left (where's yamazakiiii...?), not a fucking lot of characters to choose from.

in the end both are good games. MOTW is far better, while RB2 seems a lot more fun to play. if they ever made a motw2 with returning old charas, some new charas and adding some new moves and shit it would have been the definite best FF ever released. i feel its just a little better than RB2 cause it just isn't as fun to play, and you don't have a lot of characters to choose from, also some character could use some added moves.

1 thing i hate about RB2 with a passion is sometimes the hit boxes are so bad you literally keep hitting through your opponent when jumping in on some opponents. especially the smaller ones like andy and mary.

Last edited:

BigFred

Neither Big nor Fred, ,
Long time, no use. Lots of questions.

I'm trying to come up with some "do anywhere" feint combos.

With Geese - I've been using B, C, d+B+C, A ,B, d+C, d+B+C, b+B~d+C (6 hits).
- 2 problems
1. I seem to be out of range most of the time and it still only connects on cornered opponents only.
2. Techrolling - opponents can still tech(quick recovery by pressing D) after the sweep.

Anyways, some decent feint combos with Geese would be appreciated.

What are the rules for teching in this game?
- I've been told if you are low on health or have an H. power present u+D and b+D can be used when knocked down for quick recovery. However if the move used to knock you down was a throw, DM or breakshot special you still can't recover. Is this true? Am I missing anything else? Also how does this affect characters with wake-up attacks like Franco and Yamazaki? Can they use their wake up attack at all times?

My Sokaku sucks hardcore balls
- Don't really know how to use him. I turtle a lot with him and really can't make decent use of a lot of his attacks. df+A seems to be his best and possibly only anti-air attack. I use d+B, C, d,d+C and the standard B, C, d,d+C followed by pursuits in both cases but I'm looking for better combos (if he has any). His hcb+C, A, spd(sorry I forgot the actual notation). What's the timing on the SPD? I get it 1 in every 50.

I've seen vids and the players mostly focused on the tap A special and extensions alongside qcf+A. Should I stick with these attacks primarily?

Finally
Back to feint combos. I use Duck King and Chonshu a lot. But these 2 characters have to much of a wind up when performing feints. Are they not able to perform feint combos?

Oh and one last thing, I think they removed Rick's infinite from the PS2 version. I can't seem to do it. If anyone can verify this it would be greatly appreciated. Haven't tried Bob yet but will check later. Thanks guys.

E=MC2

BigFred said:
Long time, no use. Lots of questions.

I'm trying to come up with some "do anywhere" feint combos.

With Geese - I've been using B, C, d+B+C, A ,B, d+C, d+B+C, b+B~d+C (6 hits).
- 2 problems
1. I seem to be out of range most of the time and it still only connects on cornered opponents only.
2. Techrolling - opponents can still tech(quick recovery by pressing D) after the sweep.

Anyways, some decent feint combos with Geese would be appreciated.

What are the rules for teching in this game?
- I've been told if you are low on health or have an H. power present u+D and b+D can be used when knocked down for quick recovery. However if the move used to knock you down was a throw, DM or breakshot special you still can't recover. Is this true? Am I missing anything else? Also how does this affect characters with wake-up attacks like Franco and Yamazaki? Can they use their wake up attack at all times?

My Sokaku sucks hardcore balls
- Don't really know how to use him. I turtle a lot with him and really can't make decent use of a lot of his attacks. df+A seems to be his best and possibly only anti-air attack. I use d+B, C, d,d+C and the standard B, C, d,d+C followed by pursuits in both cases but I'm looking for better combos (if he has any). His hcb+C, A, spd(sorry I forgot the actual notation). What's the timing on the SPD? I get it 1 in every 50.

I've seen vids and the players mostly focused on the tap A special and extensions alongside qcf+A. Should I stick with these attacks primarily?

Finally
Back to feint combos. I use Duck King and Chonshu a lot. But these 2 characters have to much of a wind up when performing feints. Are they not able to perform feint combos?

Oh and one last thing, I think they removed Rick's infinite from the PS2 version. I can't seem to do it. If anyone can verify this it would be greatly appreciated. Haven't tried Bob yet but will check later. Thanks guys.

geese sucks with feint combos unlike people like joe and rick. if you jump in and the opponent isn't in the corner you might as well forget about feinting. i use his feint combos mainly in the corner, or on the ground if I'm right next to my opponent after they fucked up a move. also tech rolling can be taken care of by using b+B. if they stay on the ground cancel the b+B with d+C for the follow up. if they get up they will get hit by the b+B and you can combo it on with b+D, into deadly rave or repuken. if they go to the bg just use the D or d+D after the b+B.

easy feint combos i used with geese are B, C, d+B+C, d+A, d+C, repuken. and the one you used.

also i think you can always use wake up attacks. f or b or d + D can only be used if you haven't been hit by a dm, sdm or hpower. and some throws. same for the u + D. and you don't need hpower or low health to do this.

i don't like sokaku, they fucked him up way too much since rbs and rb1. hes hard to combo with, all his nice combos hardly come out since you'd need to be very close. simpel sokaku combo i used back in the neo cd days (98?) are j+C, walk forward and do a s A or B, hcb+B, f+C, 270+C. also the spd is harder to connect on kb, i always used to nail it every time on the cd joypads. also don't know if this works (cpu lvl8 andy wont let me do it). d+A, d+C and cancel it with d+B+C and again d+A, d+C, fbf+C. otherwise do the fbf+C before the feint if that doesn't work. the combo you mean is in the corner. B, C, tap A, f+D, B, C, tap A, f+D, A, tap A, f+D. don't know if its an infinite or that you die before you character is finally far enough. the best way to use sokaku IMO is by doing lone hits and small combos, and use his BS as many times as possible, as you can ad damage after you breakshot and follow up. hes not a show character or one with many or large combos, unless the op is in the corner.

duck, chon su and chon rei among others suck at feint combos, so don't use them that way.

about rick, don't know. don't play the ps2 version that often. burned it wrongly so it takes forever to load. need to re burn.

also i know I'm not crazy as I've seen it with my own 2 eyes. in RBS the cpu chonrei had a winning pose or taunt in which he actually hovered like a dbz character, dont know if he had power around him ala ex andy style. been too long and hes only done it ones ever.

same for bob in rbs. after his grab he did the frog hunting but differently. he started normally with his b-f+B move after the grab with shadows, but instead of the jumping two legged kick he did his dp+B move with shadows and folowed that one up with the two legged kick (b-f-f+BC from RB2). now, anybody else actually seen any of this shit happen, ever? i played it on the neo cd top loader on lvl 8 back in those days.

E=MC2

damn, was playing RBS and hadn't lost a round yet. i reached krauser and was whooping him good. i only had 1 or 2 pixels of block damage, so you could call it almost 100% since you've got 2 life bars. I'm playing level 8 and i know damage can be ridiculous sometimes but krauser actually caught me with the gigantic cyclone and took all my life, dead. i had only blocked once or twice at most and wasn't hit once. I'm guessing that if I had reached geese and somehow would have gotten hit by his thunder break it would have done 100% damage too on level 8.

BigFred

Neither Big nor Fred, ,
E=MC2 said:
damn, was playing RBS and hadn't lost a round yet. i reached krauser and was whooping him good. i only had 1 or 2 pixels of block damage, so you could call it almost 100% since you've got 2 life bars. I'm playing level 8 and i know damage can be ridiculous sometimes but krauser actually caught me with the gigantic cyclone and took all my life, dead. i had only blocked once or twice at most and wasn't hit once. I'm guessing that if I had reached geese and somehow would have gotten hit by his thunder break it would have done 100% damage too on level 8.

Yeah, the AI on level 8 does a ton more damage. After about level 4 it stops getting smarter and just buffs up the damage.

E=MC2

@Big Fred.

geese sucks with feint combos unlike people like joe and rick. if you jump in and the opponent isn't in the corner you might as well forget about feinting. i use his feint combos mainly in the corner, or on the ground if I'm right next to my opponent after they fucked up a move. also tech rolling can be taken care of by using b+B. if they stay on the ground cancel the b+B with d+C for the follow up. if they get up they will get hit by the b+B and you can combo it on with b+D, into deadly rave or repuken. if they go to the bg just use the D or d+D after the b+B.

easy feint combos i used with geese are B, C, d+B+C, d+A, d+C or sC, reppuken. and the one you used.

also you can always use wake up attacks. f or b or d + D can only be used if you haven't been hit by a dm, sdm or hpower. and some throws. same for the u + D. and you don't need hpower or low health to do this.

i don't like sokaku, they fucked him up way too much since rbs and rb1. hes hard to combo with, all his nice combos hardly come out since you'd need to be very close. easy sokaku combo i used back in the neo cd days (98?) are j+C, walk forward and do a s A or B, hcb+B, f+C, 270+C. also the spd is harder to connect on kb, i always used to nail it every time on the cd joypads.

also don't know if this works (cpu lvl8 andy wont let me do it). d+A, d+C and cancel it with d+B+C and again d+A, d+C, fbf+C. otherwise do the fbf+C before the feint if that doesn't work. the combo you mean is in the corner. B, C, tap A, f+D, B, C, tap A, f+D, A, tap A, f+D. don't know if its an infinite or that you die before you character is finally far enough. the best way to use sokaku IMO is by doing lone hits and small combos, and use his BS as many times as possible, as you can ad damage after you breakshot and follow up. hes not a show character or one with many or large combos, unless the opponent is in the corner.

duck, chon su and chon rei among others suck at feint combos, so don't use them that way.

about rick, don't know. don't play the ps2 version that often. burned it wrongly so it takes forever to load. need to re burn.

also i know I'm not crazy as I've seen it with my own 2 eyes. in RBS the cpu chonrei had a winning pose or taunt in which he actually hovered like a dbz character, don't know if he had power around him ala ex andy style. been too long and hes only done it ones ever.

same for bob in RBS. after his grab he did the frog hunting but differently. he started normally with his df, df+C move after the grab with shadows, but instead of the jumping two legged kick he did his dp+B move with shadows and followed that one up with the two legged kick (b-f-f+BC from RB2). now, anybody else actually seen this happen, ever? i played it on the neo cd top loader on lvl 8 back in those days.

ctrl-c, ctrl-v = :angry: .

Last edited:

*Richter*

Banned
RB 2 rocks!

This game is one of my favs, the feeling when you play it is like you´re in it(in a spiritual way of course)...

E=MC2

game was almost perfect.

things that suck about rb2? hit boxes are fucked up on some charas like mary and andy. especially if you jump on them. some characters lost too many moves and combos. besides these facts the game rocks. one of the best fighters out there.

E=MC2

any kalleira players out here? i was playing on this German server, and got my ass whooped good. lost 5 consecutive rounds. now this guy was pretty good, he used cheng. i really sucked hard. the game was moving at 2 or 3 fps on my pc. to make matters worse, as if it isn't hard enough doing combos with half a second delay half circle motions (on kb) weren't even coming out. no s or p power combos, no nothing. guy was pretty good, but not this good. i really hope they can do something about the ping issue, cause this was on the server where i had the least ping. anywayz, any kalleira players out here? bel, ger, fra, uk. not too far. dutch is good too, though i haven't ever seen players from here.