Metal Slug 3 (XBOX) - Playable Demo in Latest OXM!

EssenceK

n00b
The BEST demo on June's Official Xbox Magazine is...

METAL SLUG 3!

It allows you to play through the whole 1st stage... if you lose your 3 lives, you get to start the entire stage over.

It's apparently not 100% "TEH ROMZ", as when you pause the game the background music continues to play... also, Sega/CRI's "AD-X" software is used (used for Menus, text, etc.).

SNK wouldn't be SNK without a text error... before you play, it shows the controls on the XBOX controler, and says "PRESS STRAT TO PLAY" or something like that.

It seems spot-on... and YES, there's RED BLOOD! Brings a smile to my face to pay nearly 10-15% of what the home cart originally sold for. (Sorry, not a complete NEO-purist here.) Anyone whose owns both a NEO-GEO and XBOX, and owns both the NEO-GEO MVS/AES Metal Slug 3 and this Demo care to comment?

greyimp

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
Holy SHIT!!!
I'm THERE!!!

This is so cool, if there's a demo release of it, there's a better chance of attracting non-Neofan buyers!! Awesome!!

I'm getting this as soon as I can!
SWEET!! :D

(As a side note, I like to collect demo discs, so having a demo disc w/an SNK game rocks like nobody's business! :buttrock: )

Lets Gekiga In

Neon Night Rider
20 Year Member
Yeah, I just got mine on Thursday. I got to test out my sweet joystick. :buttrock:

Visuatrox

NEST Puppet
I'm waiting for the full game, have it ordered from the neostore :). I wonder if the SNK dudes included blood because of the feedback they recieved about the KOF double pack :)

MVS Matt

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
kanakura said:
WOW!!
Nice to see!
Hope this comes to europe too... :mr_t:

Me too, but I think the chances are slim. We never got to see any of the SNK DC ports over here even though they made it to the US.

Curt

apostate
This is great news... I'll have to pick up this Issue.

Chuplayer

Crippled Idiot,
When I got the demo, I literally giggled like a giddy little schoolgirl. I played through it like 5 times already. It's great!

ranmafan1212

New Challenger
I own the AES version and the demo, and if there is any differences, I havent noticed them :rolleyes: This looks like it is going to be a great port of the original, I was happy to see that the red blood was left in the game. Looks like I will be picking up this game in a couple of weeks since I dont like to play the AES cart too much, you know, collection value :D

Syxx573

Azura's Swordsmith
Awesome news! I'm gonna track down this magazine tomorrow.

Underdog

Camel Slug
I just went out looking for it, all excited. No one has it yet. Have to try again later this week.

GoSpits

Benimaru's Hairdresser
20 Year Member
Am I wrong in guessing that the ones who have it are subscribers? It doesn't seem like the newstands or magazine stores have anything yet.

Lets Gekiga In

Neon Night Rider
20 Year Member
GoSpits said:
Am I wrong in guessing that the ones who have it are subscribers? It doesn't seem like the newstands or magazine stores have anything yet.
Indeed, I've been a subscriber since about the 4th demo disc.

quixux

Crossed Swords Squire
Yeah, I'd rather just spend the subscription money, and gas money to get that mag from a store on metal slug 3. :) Btw, all, be careful about signing up for their subscription. I've heard a lot of bad stories about them. Like people not getting their shit for a long time or at all, or simply not getting mags. Look at the team xbox forums for more shit. If you're hoping to get your shit on time, then it may just not be possible.

ferrarimanf355

Bullets QB
It's uncensored? Great! :glee:
I recently got the PSOne version of Metal Slug X. I like it, but the lack of blood is a little... odd, to say the least. At least it looks like SNKP thought that way, too.
Might as well get the demo and see if I should spend the $40. :glee:

wookiewombat

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy
Just to let you guys know, at most EB's...well just the one i work at has the demo already in the "Late spring kiosk demo" I played it, and fucking loved it! Beat the first mission without dying and saved all the Lt.'s. Ill keep playing it too until the game comes out.

Tyrant

n00b
I recently got the PSOne version of Metal Slug X. I like it, but the lack of blood is a little... odd, to say the least. At least it looks like SNKP thought that way, too.

Heh...all it took was a pack of angry gamers who bought the KoF2k/2k1 combo.

ferrarimanf355

Bullets QB
Tyrant said:

I guess the true acid test regards all the other SNKP releases on the docket. Will those be uncensored as well?

If they're willing to put blood in MS3, then it's likely that the blood and bounce will make it into the KOF 2K2/2K3 combo and SVC Chaos. :glee:

thundr51

Bead Banger
I'm very pleased to see game made it uncensored. i'll have to try to pick it up when it comes out. Plus It was VERY nice to see it get some serious screen time on G4tv's Pulse show. The guy gave it a great review and they showed several stages.

Spike23

Ninja Combat Warrior
Tyrant said:

i HIGHLY doubt that a "pack of angry gamers" (ie. the few SNK/Neo Geo die-hards) made them put blood in Metal Slug 3 for the X-Box.

for those that didn't know, SCEA (Sony Computer Entertainment of America) made the decision to censor them for some ungodly reason (in the US). the Japanese imports are uncensored.

so a few fans of King of Fighters didn't change their mind or make them add blood to MS3. if you think that, you need to lay off the crack for a while.

on a side note, i might pick it up (but i've already got the PS2 import--not sure if it's worth having since i've had that copy for a year).