5 worst games you ever played?

RocketLawnChair

Dyslexic Mods FWT!, , got me 2 scalps, ,
15 Year Member
BBH said:
what a bad first post to make.
haha yeah, bad mouthing Nam 75 on neo-geo.com's not exactly what I would call a good first post. :(

R-Dash

n00b
Nam-1975 rocks! How can you not like it? It is hard as hell though, maybe that's why.

beh3moth

Robert "Helmet" Patrick
caleb1883 said:
Well, lets see,

Football Frenzy
NAM 1975 (I Don't Care If Its A Classic it Sucks)

and despite the title of the thread
ANYTHING ON NEO 64

Nam75 is a classic, oh and Buriki one on hyper64 is amazing!!!!! You suck!!

Ban Plz! :emb:

masschamber

NEST Puppet
15 Year Member
riding hero, come'on when it first came out 200 bucks for a game that looks, plays and sounds worse then super hang on, with a shallower quasi-rpg mode and it stinks just a much today or without the compaision to hang on
legend of sucess joe,
ganryu
fight fever
senguko, once again like riding hero but replace super hang on with streets of rage

man, nam 75 is probably the only really early game that I wouldn't have felt like an idiot for paying 200 bucks for at launch I remember the first mvs I saw had that in it and I thought it was a great game and the cinema sequences were so cool, and thought how cool it would be to have that at home when I found out about the neo geo as a home console a year or so later, even magician lord though a good game really didn't have any wow to me over games that were released on the genesis at the time, but I'm sure it's fairly hard difficulty scares off some
on a side note how long does that stupid last boss take to kill, I was fighting it for like 7 minutes before I lost and it still hadn't died yet

abasuto

Orgy Hosting Mod
15 Year Member
1- AOF2
2- AOF2
3- AOF2
4- AOF2
5- AOF2

In that order.

Tron

Test
15 Year Member
The Stupid Spy
The Stupid Spy
The Stupid Spy
The Stupid Spy

Just the, game bored me to tears i'm glad i sold it months ago.

Vincere

No longer Tristesse
beh3moth said:
Nam75 is a classic, oh and Buriki one on hyper64 is amazing!!!!! You suck!!

Ban Plz! :emb:

Everybody is entitled to his own opinion. Nevertheless, he sucks balls hard about Nam, that's all.

Electric Cake

Kula's Candy
I havent got many games on my cab but i can say that mutation nation is areally fuck. Kof 94 , and soccer games too. Fuck them!
:blow_top:

Neo Alec

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
Power Spikes II
Legend of Success Joe
Gururin
Riding Hero
Football Frenzy

I like Mutation Nation. It's the perfect old school beat'em up with awesome rocking arcade music.

I had to laugh the first time I got to the third level on Nam...the one where you are shooting down jets with your machine gun. Guess the laws of physics don't apply....doesn't get any better then shooting out of the side of a damaged C-130...lol

DO I HAVE TO GO BACK TO THAT HELL?!?!

XM IronOtaku

Technos

Formerly known as #28
20 Year Member
Football Frenzy: a real shame. It could have been something beautiful.

Ninja Combat
AOF2
Stakes Winner
Super Dodge Ball
Top Players Golf
Fire Suplex
That's seven. I haven't had the pleasure of playing Riding Hero, but why all the hate for Captain Tomaday? The screens make it look okay (haven't played).

Fuck you to anyone who included Ninja Commando.

-Tech

Neo Alec

20 Year Member
#28 said:
but why all the hate for Captain Tomaday? The screens make it look okay (haven't played).
The graphics are okay, and it's a really fun shooter too. The problem is, like most of Visco's games, it's irritatingly short. I suppose if you actually timed how long it takes to get through, it wouldn't fall too short compared to how long it takes to go through Blazing Star. I imagine it's just the fact that there are only 5 stages, including the pseudo bonus level.

caleb1883

Super Spy Agent
Controversy

I didn't realize that my comment about Nam 1975 would raise so much attention. However, I distintcly remember as a kid not liking the game, and years later as a grown person, I still don't like it. So there, I have my own opinion and I'm sticking to it. It might be a classic, but when I judge a game, I compare it to everything released up until this point. Nam 1975, looks and plays like a lot of other games released with the third person behind the back view shooters, and none of them are good either. As a matter of fact, none of them are even memorable. I can't believe I get jumped on for bashing NAM 1975, when dude up a few posts bashes KOF 94. A much, much better game, and its considered a groundbreaking classic by more people than die hard Neo fans. One thing to do is add another game to my list, Densha De Go 2, on the Neo Geo Pocket Color. It should never have been released. It's a terrible handheld port of an awesome game.

Neo Alec

20 Year Member
caleb1883 said:
Nam 1975, looks and plays like a lot of other games released with the third person behind the back view shooters, and none of them are good either. As a matter of fact, none of them are even memorable.
Oh, who could forget Cabal?
wCabal.png

Football Frenzy is greatness. You guys don't know your place. I love how all the players look exactly the same and all have the same uniform number 88. WTF is wrong with y'all? Its got cheerleaders that bend over and shake their asses. Face it you guys just suck at the game and can't win the championship.

I don't think I could do a 5 worst list, because I haven't played every NEO game. Only played the ones I own and the ones I played in the arcade. I'd say Top Players Golf is awfully rotten, maybe bottom five worthy.

Technos

Formerly known as #28
20 Year Member
GunstarHero said:
Football Frenzy is greatness. You guys don't know your place. I love how all the players look exactly the same and all have the same uniform number 88. WTF is wrong with y'all? Its got cheerleaders that bend over and shake their asses. Face it you guys just suck at the game and can't win the championship.

While I'm detecting your sarcasm, here's why Football Frenzy is awful:

*Poorly-placed camera. There is no need for the camera to always stay with the ball. Personally, I like to have a good look at my formation and the defense's when I get to the line...I can't even see where my running back is with Frenzy.

*Lousy play-calling. Very limited playbook+showing the opponent the play I intend to run = nutsack.

*Credit-feeding. If I'm up 14-0 at the end of the 1st, I want to keep playing without having to pay more. And I want to beat the game on a credit. SNK's most shameful moment right here.

*Tecmo Super Bowl destroys it in every way. An arcade-style console football game running on 8 bits of power is the best American football game ever developed, while an actual arcade footballer with the legendary Neo Geo hardware as its base is a joke. SNK, why oh why didn't you have Tecmo make Neo Bowl instead of World Soccer '96?

-Tech

DanDead

n00b
Hi guys!

Five of the worst games on SNK's 24bit system's ever eh? Well OK if you insist!...

Double Dragon
wDouble_Dragon_(Neo-Geo).png

Well if the quite frankly c**p Double Dragon 3 did not kill this legandary fighting game series in the arcade, this title did because it was absolutely dire! Now I do love my old school brawlers, I still play games like Power Instinct, Fatal Fury and Art of Fighting and the old samurai showdowns (samurai showdown 2 is my personal fave') from time to time but this is just complete trash that was based of the crappy movie and not from the great double dragon games of the past. This is the WORST neo fighter you can buy, period. (and if anyone argue's to point that galaxy fight is they deserve a slap! :lolz:)

Ghost Pilots
xGhost_Pilots.png

Gah this is the worst shmup on the system and it's not because it reminds me to much of 1942 because I LOVE 1942. It's the fact that Ghost piolts pretty much does everything wrong when it comes to making a great shoot-em-up. Everything about the game seems so sluggish and slow. The plane is so slow that it's almost becomes impossable at time to avoid things that would normaly be avoidable in most games and the best bit is that there is no way to speed the biplane up either. Also another grape is that the planes hit box is actualy bigger than the figgin' plane itself which makes life even harder for anyone trying to play this game without credit feeding the sucker. Also the later levels take way to freaking long, some in excess of over 10 mins! Dam I hate this game, no wonder why it's so cheap these days because it's the WORST shmup on the neo without a doubt.

Temco World Soccer '96
Argh, this game lacks any kind of excitment when compaired to other football games around at the time like SNK's Super Sidekicks series and Taito's Hacktrick Hero games. This game is not only quite easy for a football game but it's also quite boring and the only good part about the game really is it's excellent voice samples and something that they like to call the faint system which in my opinion slows the game down to a crawl and makes the game quiteb oring actualy. Now some might argue that Soccer Brawl should take this game's place but Soccer Brawl is still fun to play after all these years despite how basic the game is. Also keep in mind that Soccer Brawl was a first generation title and TWS'96 was not. This is the WORST sports game on the Neo Geo in my opinion, no wonder it did not get a AES release!

Eightman
yEightman.png

GAH this game is terrable, no seriously it is. It's supposed to be a action platforming game were you run about Two Crude Dude style and beat everybody up with your super powers but this game just plays so badly. The graphics although you can tell they are first gen, they are just terrable even by first gen standards. I mean seriously even games like Mutant Nation were better animated and better lookin than this. I am seriously wondering how this game actualy got by the playtesting department because this game is by farthe WORST platformer/action game on the Neo.

Thrash Rally
2005110202866.gif

Anyone who buys this instead of over top needs their heads examinded. Thrash Rally (or Trash Rally as I know me and a lot of other people like to call it) is pure racing garbage down to it's purest form. Now it's not the viewpoint that I'm bitching about here, it's the fact that the car is so slow to respond to turn properly around the corners even when you are going dead slow. I guess it's the way that the programe is made, but this game is poor to play and is also not that hot on the presenation department either. Avoid this game like the black plauge milkshake because it's the WORST driving game for the neo.

OK I'm done, sorry that took so long but I like to explain why I dislike game as supossed to just making a list. Thanks to KLOV for the pics!

Baseley09

Hair Group,
Your on acid man Thrash Rally is my favorite neo geo game, such fun, GREAT music, at least on CD and with the altered gears method.....slow turns?? You just cant be very good at it.

Double Dragon is good game, look for Fight Fever if you want something bad, some of the backgrounds in DD are among best going.

8man, its just a classic....you get to fight predator:buttrock:

..........Ghost Pilots tho...its just slow as fuck.

:shame:

Welcome anyway britton.

DanDead

n00b
I'm sorry dude but Double Dragon was pants compared to the scrolling beat-em-up's of the same name. I'm sure if it was not for the fact that it had the name "Double Dragon" plasted over it then it would proberbly not be in my "top 5 worst of". Alas I really wish Technos actualy did a scrolling beat-em-up for the neo, that would be killer! (yeah I know they are dead now and that atlus hold the rights but I'm making a point here :D)

Anyway I hate Thrash Rally! (Sorry dude). Over Top was far better and there were other games on other systems and arcade boards that were a million times better. TR does nothing really to make use of the Neo's power and could of easliy been done on a 16bit system.

Oh yeah I did try Fight Fever though on MAME and I thought it was OK, nothing that speical. Saying that I guess the two main factors why I did not have it in my top five was because

A) I never brought the game!
B) It was not named after one of my all time favourate arcade games! *cough*Double Dragon*cough*

Yeah I respect over people's rights to have a differance in opinion than mine though, no matter how wrong they be! :lolz: (Saying that though you are speaking to somebody who's favoruate Neo Geo game is League Bowling lol!)

Last edited:

caleb1883

Super Spy Agent
League Bowling

I'd have to agree, it's hard to take someone's opinion seriously when they think League Bowling is their favorite Neo Game. I would respect it more if you could give us a more detailed breakdown of the finer points of League Bowling that everyone seems to be missing. Actually don't post it here, write a review, and I'll promise I'll read it.

DanDead

n00b
My love of League Bowling defies logic to be perfectly honest. That fact is that I love bowling, not just in video gaming form but in general. Generaly I go bowling about once every month or so.

I guess the reason why I love the game so much is because it was one of the first neo games were me and my brother and a few friends would journey down to the arcades and play the game four player multiplayer. We still play the game multiplayer today first thanks to MAME then I finaly got my butt in gear and actualy brought the MVS cart so that me and my closest friend could play the game togther on a regular basis.

I think what drew us to the game was the fact that it had wonderful presentation. The graphics and sound on that game were great back in the day and they still hold out even today which is more than what could be said about a lot of the first generation neo-geo titles. Also the gameplay was simple but effective, I mean who does not know how to roll a ball in the direction of the pins? :loco:

Overall it's because of these very found memories that I think this game is the best that the neo has to offer because it's given me the best experiances on the neo. I know for most people this will be completely "OMGWTFLOL DANNY U TEH SOXXOR!!1~!" but these are my honest opinions.

Now were's the best of thread... :D

caleb1883

Super Spy Agent
Good Opinion

I can't argue with that, but I feel like the thread has gotten off topic. Let's go back to listing terrible games that people should stay away from.