Does anybody have about "Ganryu" ?

Robi15

20 Year Member
I know it's should be a side scrolling action game, but I haven't seen this game in any arcadehalls nor on the net. Most of the sites seem to have jumped over this game. Does anybody have some info and pictures of this game? Is it good? That would be super!

PS! Pictures can be sent to horisontal@swipnet.se

Thaaank you.

Robi15

[This message has been edited by Robi15 (edited August 21, 2000).]

N

NGPSkinhead

I played it and thought it was really outdated. I didn't like the game and think it's the worst of the games released in 1999/2000. But maybe someone who loves Magican Lord and don't look to the graphics could have some fun with it.

C

charles

I like Ganryu. In fact I am ordering it for my MVS next week. It isn't as cool as Metal Slug, but if you like that side-scrolling type platform game check it out.

Charles

esbman

n00b
I have Ganryu for my on MVS and have played it (although not extensively) on my Neo Candy. My first reaction is that it is not great but not bad either. As I play it more I'll give it a definitive thumbs up or down. If I had to choose between this or Strikers 1945, no question it would be Strikers. I love that game...

esbman

n00b
I have Ganryu on MVS and have played it (although not extensively) on my Neo Candy. My first reaction is that it is not great but not bad either. As I play it more I'll give it a definitive thumbs up or down. If I had to choose between this or Strikers 1945, no question it would be Strikers. I love that game...

esbman

n00b
Oops, sorry for the double post. I noticed a typo when I submitted and thought I stopped it in time. Guess not...

Robi15

20 Year Member
Thanks for the info. I think I'll order an ex on MVS bretty soon. I like sidescrolling games, if Ganryu is ok, not bad,not good, it's worth to have it in the collection.

Thanx

Robi15

C

charles

Another good thing about the game is I have seen it going for around $40 USD. Pretty cheap!

chimpmeister

Former Moderator
Actually, from what I've heard, Ganryu is a terrible game. I had a chance to get the MVS game, complete with all materials brand new for $60, and passed on it after I read the review on this German website (review is in English):
http://www.daddelkingz.de/

To find the review, from the front page, look on the left side, and under >>Videogames click on the first Neo Geo word. This will bring up a list of all Neo game reviews available . . . click on the Ganryu review to see how bad this reviewer (who is Bobak!, one of our community on the DHP list and the DL message board) thought Ganryu was. It sounds like a pretty pitiful game . . .

Dion

Known Scammer, NeoGeoFreak Co-Founder
To all people interested in SEEING this game for themselves, I have promot tapes of this game in action.

The tape comes with a box and insert.

This way you can judge for yourself whether you think you may want to get this game.

Cost is only $10.00

"Ganryu" was made in 1997 but it was considered a "lost game."

It was bought out by an independent distributor and released in "Asia only" in 1999.

The game is a side scrolling action game. It's a very good game, but like all Neo gamaes, it should have been longer and with more depth.

I like the game a lot and it's a great collectors item. One of the "Big Games."

Order the tape and see for yourself. Only $10.00

Dion
www.neogeofreak.com

asam79

Kuroko's Training Dummy
In my opinion, Ganryu is kind of sucks.
I expect a lot more from this game. Magician lord is lot better. After I played Magician lord, I am wanting more action games. So, I choose Ganryu. But, the decision dissapointed me. I am not sure why people is still okay with this game. It is 1999 game and it is outdated. Too typical. nothing special about it. I guess people have different opinion and taste. But still Ganryu is unforgivable for a 1999 game. But it is good for collectors.

Dion

Known Scammer, NeoGeoFreak Co-Founder
Asam (Andy), you have to remember that Ganryu was from 1997 - but even then it was outdated.

But still, a very nice "Neo" title and an even better Neo "AES" title.

Dion
www.neogeofreak.com

Mouse_Master

Support your local Sheriff, ,
Staff member
Only downer is that 2 games must get sac'ed for this game in home format..... KOF99 and WH2 (Or equivalents).... Why did SNK protect this game.... Woul have made a good $260 release....

Keith

Master Terry Bogard

Belnar Institute Student
I thought about getting it, since it was so cheap on ebay. I didn't know how the gameplay was though. From the way you guys are talking, chances are that I will probably not like the game, so I think I wil pass. Thanks for the input.

Big Bruno

20 Year Member
I liked ganryu also. Granted I picked it up pretty cheap but it was a intersting game to play. I could have done without all the cut scenes between fighting the end bosses and the final boss was pretty easy to beat but the game has it's own Unique style, more anime-ish. I enjoyed and would recommend it for those who like platform games.

nick_th_fury

Baseball Star Hitter
Ganryu is not a bad game. Mind you its no castlevania, but its got some fun elements.
I picked it up for $60 and it seemed worth the price to me. It feels like a platformer from around '92 imo.
-nick_th_fury

MCF 76

Vice's Love Slave
10 Year Member
Dude are you just wanting to get banned? Obviously lol.

Yamazaki

Belnar Institute Student
15 Year Member
just wow....

this reminds me of the Corpse Bride - a good movie....