Somebody beat this score

Frankenweenie

Banned
Neo Bomber Man said:
kof97score.jpg

I know it is not the absolute best in the world but still I am very very proud of it. Achieved this morning of all days. level-8 of course. Come now, let the competition begin!

Oh no! How could I ever beat the amazing Red X? Is that such a new high score that it exploded the internetz?!!

Takumaji

Master Enabler
Staff member
Neo Bomber Man said:
Okay so it goes from enjoyable to frustrating pretty quickly sometimes. Strangely, I now almost always fight edit teams and lots of my own Terry strategies I posted here seem outdated. It's as if the AI actually is learning from what I used to do to it.

Yeah, I know what you mean. This often happens to me when I change my strats from nonstop attacking from the 1st second to a more disciplined approach. The engine in 97 has some weird kind of a "turning point", once you reach it, the CPU opponents seem to forget about all their skills and become dumb sandbags, but if you chose the wrong moment, they quickly react to your attacks and then you'll either get hit or ticked which ruins perfects and thus the final score.

One more point with mr Bogard. If you're small jumping at them with a CD, and this works well when starting the round, do 6 in a row then when you land, cancel a crouching C into a power charge and let the games begin. By the 2nd cC/pc you will either hit, or guard crush and hit them. And look at that, they're cornered too!

That's a nice strat there, will give it a try tonight. I have a similar spam-and-trick thing with Kensou and his air qcb+P. I do 4 or 5 of them in a row, always finishing it with a cD, then I pull of a quick qcf+A on landing or hop back and throw a projectile. Plus, if you whiff the air qcb+P, most opps will do an anti-air which can be punished right away.

I didn't know Saisyu was in '94 ReBout.. sounds pretty fun. I should convince one of my friends to buy it :D

Well, it's a nice package. There's an "updated" version of KoF94 with 3D backs and some gameplay tweaks, but they've also added the original Neo version. Team edit is possible.

Judging from the available features and gameplay elements, ReBout slightly pales in comparison to the other big anniversary thing, SFAC, but given that KoF94 never got officially ported before and the original version still is there, it's a cool release that is well worth the money IMO.

Well about that score, Gemant posted it from the Arcadia/Gamest/NGF records, though on what difficulty the guy played... no idea.

AFAIK, most gamest scores were achieved on standard machine settings unless otherwise noted. If that is true, the record was reached on MVS diff., which sounds quite likely given the 920k+ number.

If you discover any great strategies for Athena do share. I simply can't get the hang of her in '97, the computer actually plays her much better than I can.

Haven't found anything too useful so far. I mostly play her like Kensou - air-to-ground zooming, fireball spamming and rushing, but this doesn't work quite as well because these particular moves are less damaging than Kensou's. The forward rush special is so tempting to abuse for hit-and-run games, but most opponents know how to knock you out of it so it's less useful than it seems.

I'll continue working on her and post some strats here.

Neo a_bomb

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
Serious?

I havent played 97 in a while but When I lived at the arcade we used to have(originally they had a huge two slot cab with kof 95 and ss2 but after a while they brought in 97, instead of 95 ,then after that 99 Shortly after they closed the arcade:oh_no: :crying: :mad: , )my highest score was like: 1246301. I had all straights and I only missed a few perfects.
its been so long But Ill play tomorrow and get some screen shots of my scores. There are some moves that really give you points. :p They can sometimes be cheap but they REALLY work wonders. I cant believe theres a kof97 high score thread! This rocks!

a_bomb

Neo a_bomb

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
Neo a_bomb said:
I havent played 97 in a while but When I lived at the arcade we used to have(originally they had a huge two slot cab with kof 95 and ss2 but after a while they brought in 97, instead of 95 ,then after that 99 Shortly after they closed the arcade:oh_no: :crying: :mad: , )my highest score was like: 1246301. I had all straights and I only missed a few perfects.
its been so long But Ill play tomorrow and get some screen shots of my scores. There are some moves that really give you points. :p They can sometimes be cheap but they REALLY work wonders. I cant believe theres a kof97 high score thread! This rocks!

a_bomb

Sorry I m so out of it..... That was my 96 score. Andys dm and sdm were the point getters in that game..I haven t had time to play 97 too much but my score is at 550000:( I plan on taking the pic tonight or tomorrow. The cab I played in grandprairie while visiting my friend has my better score at about 790000 something. but since hes a douche and Ive disowned him getting a pic will be quite the chore(its 10hours away). In the mean time I really have to work to get my score up:)

Until next time....

a_bomb

Takumaji

Master Enabler
Staff member
KoF97, lvl 8, team of your choice, no continues, post your score and also your strats if you're over 400k :)