Mini Marquee Project

Fredscape

Loyal Neo-Disciple
firebomber said:
Jeff10, a member here, told me a while ago how he was printing off minis. You may want to try this method for something more authentic looking.
Haven't tried it myself but it's worth a shot.

I`ll check his method out if I can understand what he actually did :p

[edit] I actually understand what he did and it might even work out really well :D I just looove a new project [/edit]

But thanks very much for the info firebomber, will definately do something with it! :multi_co:

Last edited:

Sundance

Sho's Rival
We finally finished the Zupapa MM and got it uploaded to a my friends website. Its in a larger picture size so you'll have to shrink it to the dimensions are 4.44 inches wide and 5.44 inches tall, as suggested by Big Bear.

Check it out...tell me what you think. The file is in a Single Download of 9 megs or in a broken down format of 5 parts via Winsplit (which is also Downloadable for those that don't have it). Right-Click and save as:

http://www.gimmx.com/MVS/MVSMM.htm

I hope this helps for anyone making there own MM's. I'm currently in the process of trying out a method that might work. As soon as i get Lithys to MMs posted on Page one from him i'll try my method out and let you/post pix, etc..

NeoCverA

RevQuixo. Who He?,
20 Year Member
Im excited about this project. Ill be keeping my eye on this thread!

firebomber

Astra Superstar
Alright, I just finished working on a Kof2003 mini. It comes in two flavors ;)
kof2k3border.jpg

kof2k3noborder.jpg

Let me know what you think of these. I have much higher resolution .psd format versions that I'll be uploading later tonight.

NeoCverA

RevQuixo. Who He?,
20 Year Member
Those look hot, how do they perform at actual-size though? The text, etc?

Has anyone found the ultimate printing/supplies to make the MM?

firebomber

Astra Superstar
They will print at the correct size 4.44 X 5.44
I printed them out on glossy photo paper and they look great. All text readable and crisp.

Sundance

Sho's Rival
firebomber said:
They will print at the correct size 4.44 X 5.44
I printed them out on glossy photo paper and they look great. All text readable and crisp.

Loox good!!! I like the top one best. I'll Download it as soon as you make it available and then i'll have to start lookn for a copy of game along w/ NeoCverA. :D

chris1

POCKETBIKE NUT,
Sundance said:
We finally finished the Zupapa MM and got it uploaded to a my friends website. Its in a larger picture size so you'll have to shrink it to the dimensions are 4.44 inches wide and 5.44 inches tall, as suggested by Big Bear.

Check it out...tell me what you think. The file is in a Single Download of 9 megs or in a broken down format of 5 parts via Winsplit (which is also Downloadable for those that don't have it). Right-Click and save as:

I hope this helps for anyone making there own MM's. I'm currently in the process of trying out a method that might work. As soon as i get Lithys to MMs posted on Page one from him i'll try my method out and let you/post pix, etc..

I want to host/post the Zupapa MM ..but I don't know how to get it out of the PDF file..

When I download it I get the whole file..(the whole Adobe reader)
Then what do I do to make it into a resizable picture..

The links below it ask for permission...I can't open them.. :(

GoSpits

Benimaru's Hairdresser
20 Year Member
firebomber, that is some nice looking work. Count me in on the group looking for the game now, if only to show off that MM.
:)

chris1

POCKETBIKE NUT,
Sundance said:

I printed out the Zupapa Pic from your PDF file...(Choosing Actual Size) and it came out Nice...
Thank You.. :buttrock:

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
OMG Just checked back in thanks firebomber I love the white border one I'll be saving those large files when I get home today. I've been awfully busy as of late and have been unable to get really anything done :( gonna try soon though.

BenMonkey

n00b
I made this KOF 2001 minimarquee about a year ago for my cab.. unfortunately I don't have a high-res version. Still looks okay when laminated -- people thought it was an original SNK MM when they saw it from a few feet away. :D

kof2001mm.jpg

I desperately need one for SVC Chaos, though.. gonna try making one tonight, but I'm not the best in Photoshop (as evidenced above).

Sundance

Sho's Rival
BenMonkey said:
I made this KOF 2001 minimarquee about a year ago for my cab.. unfortunately I don't have a high-res version. Still looks okay when laminated -- people thought it was an original SNK MM when they saw it from a few feet away. :D

kof2001mm.jpg

I desperately need one for SVC Chaos, though.. gonna try making one tonight, but I'm not the best in Photoshop (as evidenced above).

Sweet..do you have webspace for peeps to DL it?

NeoCverA

RevQuixo. Who He?,
20 Year Member
Hey Firebomber,

How about you make a standard Joystick/button art (dont know if you can).

BUt i was thinking that if we had the joystick/button arts that we can all paste from we can start making our own custom Marquees since a lot of the great ones have poor marquee scans (also tough to replicate due to the material they are on).

the joypad area should have 3 or 4 version depending on the different Cabinets. I hope you get what im sayin cuz this is all comin out as i type it. Basically i would want my marquees to show the same color/design/layout as my Candy Cab. The art and instruction, etc do not have to be the same.

lol thats all im gonna say im starting to piss myself off. Im just sayin carry over to the marquees what were doin with the inserts but have a template or somethin.

firebomber

Astra Superstar
Basically what I do is take the Control box pic from the MVS flyers and use it in the marquee; I don't actually make graphics. I believe that's what everybody else does as well for the most part... mainly because it's the easiest route. I suppose I could cut the Joystick and button graphics from a flyer so you could use them seperately. Or am I missunderstanding you?

firebomber

Astra Superstar
My lastest efforts. This time Kof 2001.
I decided to go against using official 2k1 art in favor of showcasing some great work by Falcoon. Three versions so there's something for everyone.
kof2k1maryterry.jpg

kof2k1shingokyo.jpg

kof2k1maylee.jpg

here are the high res .pdf versions. About 3 megs each.
mary/terry
shingo/kyo
may lee

BenMonkey

n00b
AWESOME work, firebomber!! The KOF 2001 logo seems a little small for a mini-marquee, but otherwise they're really, really great.

I figured I might as well whip up an SVC marquee since I had some time tonight.. (no hi-res again, sorry.. don't have the webspace for it anyway):

svcmm.jpg

http://www.flyinsaucier.com/svcmm.jpg

And I made a slightly different SS5 marquee than the one lithy previously posted (cuts out some of the less legible text):

ss5mm.jpg

http://www.flyinsaucier.com/ss5mm.jpg

Off to Kinko's tomorrow to get these printed and laminated!

firebomber

Astra Superstar
BenMonkey said:
AWESOME work, firebomber!! The KOF 2001 logo seems a little small for a mini-marquee, but otherwise they're really, really great.
I agree that the logo is a bit small. I wanted to keep it that way though so the focus would be on the character art. Any bigger and I would have had to overlap onto the character art.

I dig the SvC Marquee. My first design was very similar to that (good thing I changed otherwise it would look like I stole yours ;) ). Your's is a whole lot easier to read than mine though.

Here's my final marquee until I can get some scans for the other missing games like sengoku 3. This one by far took me the longest. I just wish I could have had the text a bit bigger...
I got tired of that one Kyo/Ryu pic that's on everything official so I opted for more Falcoon art. I admit this one is a bit hard to read in the command box, but I didn't want to hide too much of the art. I was going for style over substance I guess. If you print it on a good printer at nice quality it's still readable in a cab though.

svc.jpg

high res .pdf 3.2 megs
SvC

edit: I just realized I forgot the neo geo logo. I'll re upload a corrected version tomorrow

Last edited: