Mini Marquee Project

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Possibly looking to start this rolling again so is anyone willing to help make some mini marquee designs for

King of Fighters 2001
King of Fighters 2003
Matrimelee
Metal Slug 4
Metal Slug 5
Nightmare in the Dark
Samurai Shodown 5
Sengoku 3
SNK vs. Capcom SVC Chaos
Zupapa

I can supply high quality scans of MVS flyer art for you to work with please help me out :)

BIG BEAR

SHOCKbox Developer,
20 Year Member
Please post the dimensions fo rthe marque here .
I lost a few PM's by accident trying out new features and one of them was yours.

-BB

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
The dimensions are 4.44 inches wide and 5.44 inches tall

I'm going to start working on uploading all the art scans to my University UNIX acct. soon.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Thanks for the offer cth

www.world-of-arcades.com has a few high quality scans hosted like

King of Fighters 2001
Metal Slug 4
Nightmare in the Dark
SNK vs Capcom SVC Chaos
Zupapa

I've put

King of Fighters 2003
Matrimelee
Metal Slug 5
Samurai Shodown 5
Sengoku 3

up on my UNIX acct here volspace.utk.edu
username jviale
password ma856262

cth if you want to pull those off there and host them that would be great :)

Edit: Some of the files are really big so I can only have 2 up at a time, not sure about making the files smaller without losing quality so I'll have the two up there and if cth hosts them I can move two more up, or just make a request if you want to work on a specific one and I'll pu that one up.

Up right now
King of Fighters 2003
Matrimelee
Metal Slug 5

Last edited:

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Neon_Sonic said:
Here's a scan.

I think someone posted a higher resolution image of it, though. Let me look around.

Yeah fats wants me to print them up. I'm planning on printing on some .010" thick laminate and frosting them, I believe they should look almost like real mini marquees in thickness, transparency, etc. :) The problem isn't the scan Fats just wants me to make him some nice ones...I'm still hesitant, we'll see, maybe once the Neo support is officially dropped.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Bump, made it out of this hellish week with 3 papers to turn in on Tues, Thurs, Fri, so I think I'll spend the weekend trying to do a coupe designs, but my Photoshop skills are not as good as I would like. so please help out :D

BIG BEAR

SHOCKbox Developer,
20 Year Member
SSV is simple enough for me sense I have it on HD BUT I am just thinking about the layout of the instructions...Alot o fthese should be a piece of cake.
you have my support. I'll just Upload to Crazearcade when I'm done.
I have'nt gotten a chance to pull those scans of of your FTP but I would love to get 2003.
-BB

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
BIG BEAR said:
SSV is simple enough for me sense I have it on HD BUT I am just thinking about the layout of the instructions...Alot o fthese should be a piece of cake.
you have my support. I'll just Upload to Crazearcade when I'm done.
I have'nt gotten a chance to pull those scans of of your FTP but I would love to get 2003.
-BB

Yeah mostly I just plan on using the controls box off the flyers for anything I do, since that's how they've always been done, for some of the games I get ideas quickly, but Slug 4 has really been shitty, I just can't come up with an idea. Otherwise MMs are pretty simple I think.

KOF03 flyer is up on my acct, so whenever you need it you can head over there.

BIG BEAR

SHOCKbox Developer,
20 Year Member
Yeah, I was thinking about using a different set of controls I like from another marquee. Whatever I choose to do,they have to be resized,etc.
Yeah, once I get rolling ,this should be a piece of cake. GREAT IDEA TOO!
Uhhh, I wanted to get ahold of that classic 2003 insert but the gut pulled the auction!! SH8T! I want some classic inserts :D
-BB

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Here were the two I did that I was happy with

SS5.jpg

Slug5.jpg

Neon_Sonic

Setsuna's Owl Keeper
Please tell me you have higher-resolution images of those. I especially like the MS5 one.

c.t.h

Maxima's Barber
Lithy I'll try to get those files off your webspace and host them later today.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
c.t.h said:
Lithy I'll try to get those files off your webspace and host them later today.

Thanks let me know when you do and I'll put some other up.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Well, this one wasn't on the list, but I thought some people may be needing it soon :)

This one was tough since there was no pre-existing art. So...being the cool guy I am, inside on a Saturday night, I spent the better part of an hour looking at other Data East mini marquees. There are a few key features on this that make it a Data East mini, maybe if I'm not so tired I'll edit this and explain tomorrow. Or feel free to guess :)

ghostlopminismall.jpg

Fredscape

Loyal Neo-Disciple
are there a lot of scans available on the web of mini marquees? and does anyone have any experience on how to laminate them properly?

I would like to make some backups of the ones I already have for my cab so I can preserve the originals properly without them sunfading.

BIG BEAR

SHOCKbox Developer,
20 Year Member
I grabbed that 2003 and MS5, could you place the 1st page of the SamSho V back up. I Dl'ed them all awhile back but the 1st page is corrupted. I need it fo rthe first set of instructions.
Is that the matrimelee poster where all the cracters are on the page and sissy is in the middle holding a chest(?) ?
-BB

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Nah the Matrimelee one is the MVS flyer

SS5
MS4
are put up there now.
Added Sengoku 3 flyer too.

Last edited: