How do i fight Kuroko (the ref) in Samurai Shodown 2??

THE FURY

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
i did this once a long time ago but i dont know how it came about,and i got my ass kicked,now im lookin 2 get him back hehe
anybody know about this and how to fight him?

Spoonman

Enemy Chaser
Random shit between opponents 1-4 like beating the opponent in 3 rounds with a sliver of life left can bring him out...

As a guaranteed way of bringing him out try this: on fights 6, 8, and 10, kick your opponents ass in 2 rounds....you have to finish him with a pow move and the timer has to be under 20 sec....

To make it easy on yourself...let player 2 jump in on the 6th fight and meet the criteria that was mentioned above....

I actually kicked Kuroko's ass 3 times in one game using this formula...(only by being a cheap ass with Earthquake's crouching AB :crying: )nothing special happened btw.

Last edited:

galfordo

Analinguist of the Year
15 Year Member
Spoonman said:
I actually kicked Kuroko's ass 3 times in one game using this formula...(only by being a cheap ass with Earthquake's crouching AB :crying: )nothing special happened btw.

LOL ... yeah you can really cheese the fuck out of the computer with Earthquake's fierce.

Spoonman

Enemy Chaser
galfordo said:
LOL ... yeah you can really cheese the fuck out of the computer with Earthquake's fierce.

Well, ya....but only with Kuroko.

Normal characters jump it and hit you....Kuroko's style involves running up to you and kicking your ass with authority....he only jumps when you jump...for most part he blocks fireballs or throws 2 back at you....and the lil fucker is always doing something...so you're always gonna hit'em at least 2/3 times with the ducking AB....

Temjin

B. Jenet's Firstmate
"I actually kicked Kuroko's ass 3 times in one game using this formula...(only by being a cheap ass with Earthquake's crouching AB )nothing special happened btw."

Does nothing happen when you beat him? Cant you even play as Kuruko in some way?

300wins

Conan The Librarian,
Temjin said:
"I actually kicked Kuroko's ass 3 times in one game using this formula...(only by being a cheap ass with Earthquake's crouching AB )nothing special happened btw."

Does nothing happen when you beat him? Cant you even play as Kuruko in some way?

Nothing special happens when you beat him, even if you beat him and complete the game without losing a round.

As for being able to use him. There's a way on the Neo CD version, but I believe it's only for 1 match. If you use the unibios, you can use him for the whole game, but his ending isn't his own.

Spoonman

Enemy Chaser
Temjin said:

No....you get nothing for beating him....

In the home version press up down left up down right+A.....whatever square you land on becomes Kuroko, only in 2 player mode.

In the PSX fencing pack you have to finish the game first and then Mizuki and Kuroko become selectable in 2p mode.

Back in highschool I actually found a hacked savestate that lets you play as Kuroko OR Mizuki in 1P mode for neorageX.....

if you don't want to go the emulation route, consider getting a chipped Neo with the game genie bios...I can't find the codes for them though....so you may be SOL...

I don't have the roms anymore, but I DO have the savestates....PM me if you want em.....just to try out Kuroko...the game is soooo much easier that way.

Temjin

B. Jenet's Firstmate
No....you get nothing for beating him....

In the home version press up down left up down right+A.....whatever square you land on becomes Kuroko, only in 2 player mode.

In the PSX fencing pack you have to finish the game first and then Mizuki and Kuroko become selectable in 2p mode.

Back in highschool I actually found a hacked savestate that lets you play as Kuroko OR Mizuki in 1P mode for neorageX.....

if you don't want to go the emulation route, consider getting a chipped Neo with the game genie bios...I can't find the codes for them though....so you may be SOL...

I don't have the roms anymore, but I DO have the savestates....PM me if you want em.....just to try out Kuroko...the game is soooo much easier that way

Ok I´ll try that code on my Neo Geo CD.
A chipped Neo with game genie bios? That is not the same as the Universe Bios?
If you have the Universe Bios you can just access him through a meny system right?
On another note, I think they should have put Kuruko in as a character in the later parts of the series, SS4, SS4 or SS0, that would rule! I think he looks cool!:D

Last edited:

Spoonman

Enemy Chaser
Temjin said:
Ok I´ll try that code on my Neo Geo CD.
A chipped Neo with game genie bios? That is not the same as the Universe Bios?
If you have the Universe Bios you can just access him through a meny system right?
On another note, I think they should have put Kuruko in as a character in the later parts of the series, SS4, SS4 or SS0, that would rule! I think he looks cool!:D

Game genie, unibios, I dunno if they're the same thing.....they prolly are....
with the unibios you can play kuroko in 1p in SS3 as well.....but the fucking guy just morphs every time....in the Kuroko vs. Kuroko fight they both turn to Haomaru......he turns to Hao when fighting Zankuro as well then he turn to a fucked up Zankuro in the FINAL round

He has a victory screen that you never see in the game as well....as if Kuroko was an unfinished character in 3....lazy bastards....

Heres the pic:
kur3.gif

And yah I got my fingers crossed in hopes he comes back for SS special.....If he's in I'll probably pick up a copy.

Temjin

B. Jenet's Firstmate
Spoonman said:
Game genie, unibios, I dunno if they're the same thing.....they prolly are....
with the unibios you can play kuroko in 1p in SS3 as well.....but the fucking guy just morphs every time....in the Kuroko vs. Kuroko fight they both turn to Haomaru......he turns to Hao when fighting Zankuro as well then he turn to a fucked up Zankuro in the FINAL round

He has a victory screen that you never see in the game as well....as if Kuroko was an unfinished character in 3....lazy bastards....

Heres the pic:
kur3.gif

And yah I got my fingers crossed in hopes he comes back for SS special.....If he's in I'll probably pick up a copy.

Hmmm... weird stuff. Im hoping to be able to buy Samurai Shodown 2 soon, and a Unibios. Love to play Kuroko.
Cool pic and a good argument for picking up a copy of SS Special!:D

Spoonman

Enemy Chaser
Honestly...I have a feeling he may be a hidden character in this one(SSS)......

Im thinking of picking up a copy of SS special too.....

Heres a screenshot with Kuroko in SS SPecial....not sure wtf he is doing though....
zetukyo2.jpg

Temjin

B. Jenet's Firstmate
Spoonman said:
Honestly...I have a feeling he may be a hidden character in this one(SSS)......

Im thinking of picking up a copy of SS special too.....

Heres a screenshot with Kuroko in SS SPecial....not sure wtf he is doing though....
zetukyo2.jpg

Hmmm... maybe it´s that kid who rides a wolf doing something, turning into a flame or something, since the wolf is there, and Koruko is just there in the background doing his ref stuff as usual?

I want THAT GAME though!!! Damn...new games so expensive!:(

Lee Gray

SSVS Special Plz..., Buying & Selling that, Never
I know this is an old old old thread but when i first got this game over 16 years ago i fought Kuroko 3 times in the space of a week, never beating him though, anyways since that time i must have played the game on and off over a thousand times and never fought him again... has anyone else fought him recently

He mostly appears when you´re doing really bad in the game, if you can smack down the cpu like a fly, he never shows up.

A couple of notes about facing him in stage 6, 8 and 10: (2 round win, 20 or less on timer, finish with weapon breaker):

1- Works if your weapon breaker finish the opponent with tick damage.

2- Works if you hit the weapon breaker while the timer runs out even if the opponent has residual energy after the move.

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
Doesn't Kuroko has an ending showing him having a conversation with Caffeine Nicotine? If he's only usable in 2P mode, how do you get his ending?

Doesn't Kuroko has an ending showing him having a conversation with Caffeine Nicotine? If he's only usable in 2P mode, how do you get his ending?

He doesn't have one, although his "ending" is Nakoruru's, tested it twice in Kawaks, but I'm unsure if he shares endings.

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
Oops, my bad. The ending with the convo with Caffeine wasn't from Sam Sho 2 after all.

YeldellGW

Bartender,
20 Year Member
Well, ya....but only with Kuroko.

Normal characters jump it and hit you....Kuroko's style involves running up to you and kicking your ass with authority....he only jumps when you jump...for most part he blocks fireballs or throws 2 back at you....and the lil fucker is always doing something...so you're always gonna hit'em at least 2/3 times with the ducking AB....

Been awhile since I played SS II, but Earthquake's low AB slash indeed works on most of the characters in the game. The only character I recall not falling for it damn near everytime is Seiger.

Deuce

Death Before Dishonesty, Logic Above All,
The way to get Kuroko to come out has been confirmed for years. He can be used on any home system (not just the CD).

From the Kuroko FAQ...
There are two ways to get Kuroko:

The first is completely by random. I've gotten him after the third, fourth, fifth, and other opponents myself. Time, life left, whether you've continued, human opponents, and any other factors do NOT affect whether he comes out or not. Once I got him after beating third opponent Sieger through a timeout, when I had a sliver of life more than he had. This was a 2-1 match, after I had continued twice already. So playing quality has NOTHING to do with it!

This second method is sure-fire, and was discovered by Greg Kasavin. For the 6th, 8th, and 10th opponents, you must beat your opponent in two rounds. For the second round, you must finish off your opponent with your Super Move, with under 20 seconds on the clock. Kuroko will come out after that.

To make this easier, a human player can join in. If either wins 2-0, winning the second round through the conditions above, Kuroko will still come out. Also, a memory card saved at the appropriate opponent WILL work. So home players can get Kuroko easily by loading the saved position, and beating a "dummy" player while satisfying the conditions.

gamerwhat

Mr. Big's Thug
He mostly appears when you´re doing really bad in the game, if you can smack down the cpu like a fly, he never shows up.

A couple of notes about facing him in stage 6, 8 and 10: (2 round win, 20 or less on timer, finish with weapon breaker):

1- Works if your weapon breaker finish the opponent with tick damage.

2- Works if you hit the weapon breaker while the timer runs out even if the opponent has residual energy after the move.

Second statement doesn't work for me so can you give an example from your experience?

Mostly from earthquake, frankly I haven´t tried it with all characters but I worked consistently with him.

gamerwhat

Mr. Big's Thug
You're right, it should work with all characters. I found that if you input command when time is 00, the move will perform without hitting and kuroko will still come.

Almightyburner

Kabuki Klasher
Back in the day I saved the position on a memory card in the arcade...and I was able to make Kuroko appear once or twice and he demolished me, immediately. I was so fucked up, I didn't even try anymore. Saved my quarters for something other than punishment.

Last edited:

Neo Alec

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
"Game Genie Bios"
This thread was educational.