Nintendo, why I hate it

jeff bogard

Yamazaki's Wingman,
20 Year Member
So, I wrote to Nintendo. Asking them why they couldn't lend a hand to SNKP in publishing Metal Slug Advance, here's the answer I got. You won't believe it.

Hi Armando,

I believe that SNK declared for bankruptcy a few years back, so it may
be hard for them to get back to the level of developer they were a
decade or so ago. They made some of the greatest games ever made for the
NES, but it's been nearly 15 years since they made a game for us.

Now, we like to work with young, start-up companies when it comes to
making games, but I don't believe we simply purchase struggling companies
just for the sake of doing so (unlike other companies that will remain
unnamed). Hopefully SNK will be back in some form, so stay
tuned........

Nintendo of America Inc.
Stephen Scott

I just wanted to share with you guys. And change it to Genral Forums if it's a thread not considered "News and Rumors"

Personally, I'm alright with Nintnedo allowing SNK to get it done on their own. I mean, there's a LOT fo games in development for the GBA, and I'd rather Nintendo focused on making more of their own GBA games, rather than helping SNK do theres.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Not an unexpected answer really. I don't fault people that don't know SNK is still alive. And really they HAVEN'T made a game for them for 15 years so they really have no reason to care. Plus it looks like one guy wrote up that answer since its not a form letter.

NOA really knows about as much of the true workings of NCL as SNK of American knows about SNKP.

SNKJorge

Collection Gallery Keeper, CD Price Guide Analyst,
Metal Slug Advance got canned?

jeff bogard said:
So, I wrote to Nintendo. Asking them why they couldn't lend a hand to SNKP in publishing Metal Slug Advance, here's the answer I got. You won't believe it.

I just wanted to share with you guys. And change it to Genral Forums if it's a thread not considered "News and Rumors"

ClassicMode1985

Rasputin's Rose Gardener
What a fucking retard:very_ang: People like this, is the main reason WHY I wanna burn mainstream to the ground...wash it all away...and flush it down...see you down in Arizona Bay...learn to swim Nintendo...

Dallas_Five

Terry Bogard's Taylor
the level of ignorance IS kinda funny. If you work for a videogame company you should have at least somewhat of a fucking clue about the industry (unless you're a janitor or something)...

shirt

Andy's Clothes Designer
Nintendo has always came in a close second to SNKP for fucked up marketing decisions...

galfordo

Analinguist of the Year
15 Year Member
Re: Re: Nintendo, why I hate it

xtoo_short20x said:
Metal Slug Advance got canned?

That's what I was wondering. Anybody know what's gonna happen with this game?

Dallas_Five said:
the level of ignorance IS kinda funny. If you work for a videogame company you should have at least somewhat of a fucking clue about the industry (unless you're a janitor or something)...

Actually, if you take off the "SNK fanboy" glasses for a moment you'll realize the statements are pretty accurate.

SNK's day of really supporting Nintendo goes back to the NES. On the SNES, they didn't publish so many, as they were concerned with the Neo Geo at that point.

SNK did go bankrupt, and is still rebuilding their programming talent.

Nintendo is letting SNKP worry about their title. Why would you want otherwise? Are you asking Microsoft to "help" with KOF2002? Hell, SCEA actively cancels SNK games in America, yet there's Nintendo hate here?

What a load of steaming horseshit. :rolleyes:

Nintendo has always came in a close second to SNKP for fucked up marketing decisions...

This isn't a marketing decision whatsoever. Nnitendo ISN'T jumping in to help publish a game that...

a) their help hasn't been requested on.

b) is being produced by a company that has had no other recent Nintendo titles, and isn't likely to sell many systems.

Why should Nintendo be jumping in for SNK? Is SNK offering to make all their titles GBA/GC exclusives? :loco:

Last edited:

galfordo

Analinguist of the Year
15 Year Member
I'll have to agree here. As much as I love the Neo, it's not Nintendo's duty to give SNKP handouts.

jeff bogard

Yamazaki's Wingman,
20 Year Member
Thanx for the opinions guys. I didn't know how to approach it. Come to think of it. You guys are right, other people published the neo geo games on the snes.

Dallas_Five

Terry Bogard's Taylor
How the fuck am i a "fanboy"? What i got out of that email was that Stephen Scott DIDN'T KNOW SNKP EVEN EXISTS. "Hopefully SNK will be back in some form"? Yah, really fucking accurate...

ClassicMode1985

Rasputin's Rose Gardener
galfordo said:
I'll have to agree here. As much as I love the Neo, it's not Nintendo's duty to give SNKP handouts.

True, now re-reading it, you can see Nintendo means well, but using SNK as some dinosaur reference is what ticks me off.

Takara was to thank for the SNES and GBY SNK ports

galfordo

Analinguist of the Year
15 Year Member
ClassicMode1985 said:
True, now re-reading it, you can see Nintendo means well, but using SNK as some dinosaur reference is what ticks me off.

Yeah, the condescending tone is a little annoying. After all, the big N has had plenty of problems of its own lately.

Takara was to thank for the SNES and GBY SNK ports

Thanks a lot Takara :rolleyes:. Buying your port of Fatal Fury as a child with my hard-earned cash left a taste in my mouth so bitter that I didn't buy another SNK port for 12 years :D.

kernow

The Goob Hunter
20 Year Member
no, please don't say MSA/CM won't make it out. :(

I've been waiting for years

jeff bogard

Yamazaki's Wingman,
20 Year Member
Was he referring to Rare here?:

but I don't believe we simply purchase struggling companies just for the sake of doing so (unlike other companies that will remain
unnamed).

jeff bogard said:

Probably.

Though at this point I firmly believe the only reason MS bought Rare was to cancel Perfect Dark 2.

slerch666

updyke,
jeff bogard said:
I think he was just biting at Microsoft and their "if they have a good game (or history) BUY THEM!" tactics. Bungie, Rare...

As far as I am concerned, Nintendo not helping make MS Advance is fine. I mean, do you really expect them to help EVERY company that comes down the line make a game or 2? No. They'd never get their OWN shit done. Now, if SNK-P ASKED them for help and they turned them down, well that's a little different. We have no indication of that having happened, however.

And SCEA cancelling what, FOUR+ of SNK-Ps games pisses me off more than Nintendo not helping SNK-P make ONE game. The only thing MS has going for themselves, IMO, is that they don't give a fuck what's on their system, as long as people are making games for it. I think it goes back to being in the rotating number 2 and 3 position.

jeff bogard

Yamazaki's Wingman,
20 Year Member
Isn't that the same way the PSX was originally. I belive sony didn't care much about it's games up until final fantasy VII and Resident Evil 2.

ClassicMode1985

Rasputin's Rose Gardener
galfordo said:
Yeah, the condescending tone is a little annoying. After all, the big N has had plenty of problems of its own lately.

Thanks a lot Takara :rolleyes:. Buying your port of Fatal Fury as a child with my hard-earned cash left a taste in my mouth so bitter that I didn't buy another SNK port for 12 years :D.

hehe that rocks, thank you Takara for lying to me...because as soon as I saw the REAL Samurai Shodown..I nearly wanted to cuss Takara out :D

Thereverend

Banned
I'll use this letter when somebody says OH SNK Should support nintendo.

Lets not forget FF SP on the SNES that was an Awesome port

and World Heroes 2

Takara got their shit together for those games.

jeff bogard

Yamazaki's Wingman,
20 Year Member
I have a mag. that says FF SP was going to be published by Playmates, but eventually Takara published it. Anybody know about any involvement of Playmates with neo geo?

galfordo

Analinguist of the Year
15 Year Member
Thereverend said:
Lets not forget FF SP on the SNES that was an Awesome port

and World Heroes 2

I never played FF special for the SNES - I'll have to check that out.

As for World Heroes ports ..... well, I don't even like the Neo Geo versions of those games, so I think I'll steer clear of the SNES ports.

KagerouSama

Dr. Brown's Time Machine Mechanic
15 Year Member
As for World Heroes ports ..... well, I don't even like the Neo Geo versions of those games, so I think I'll steer clear of the SNES ports.

They're interesting at best, Galfordo. But at least they're playable. Preferable to say, Ranma 1/2 Hard Battle and perhaps being stuck in a service elevator with Shamu, Ronald McDonald, and Richard Simmons.

As far as Takara goes, having read around....Hasbro has bought out their toy line, and Atlus seems to be holding their game company. So, if we were to ever see a port of the SNES Fatal Fury Special to the GBA, it'd be more likely to come from Atlus. (Or so I'd guess.)

Nice topic, but no real reason to hate nintendo other than the letter's author's ignorance.

--KagerouSama