Suomalainen thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

viaton

Neo Geo Cup '98
Yeah, I think Wayne Rooney (Väiski Rytkönen) is a pretty potential future star....
My cheers are for England! :buttrock:

finngamer

Big Bang Pro Wrestler
Razoola said:
Yes I did watch the match though I must say that Im not a big footy fan... I like Ice Hockey more, after getting into that watching footy seems a little boring once you get used to high speed pucks shooting around.

Mr Rooney seemed to have a good match though.

Raz

Raz is definetly a Finn!

RockstarRunner

Wind Jammin' All Night",
I'm glad I have KoF EX2 to keep me distracted from this crappy cold I have now... operating the big neo sticks at this time feels like a daunting proposition, my joints are achy... the gba is ok though... man, i wish the sp had been out when I decided to get one of those things.

KoF EX2 is surprisingly good, very impressive what they have achived with the hardware! I'm sure it will fit quite snugly into finngamer's game boy player!

finngamer

Big Bang Pro Wrestler
Is that so... I think I'll try to make do with my slightly bigger carts :D .

But it would be fun to see it in action, on the big screen. To see how well the GBA fares. I'm hoping the upcoming Metal Slug Advance will look good thru my Game Boy Player, too.

viaton

Neo Geo Cup '98
Yep, have the player too... been playing Super Ghouls`n Ghosts lately on the tele...
Commodore 64 remakes rrrrrock! :buttrock:

Btw RR, let me know about your plans on wednesday.
I guess it`s better if you pm me.
Having a flu are you? Just had it for a whole fekking week... it was great. :loco:

Last edited:

finngamer

Big Bang Pro Wrestler
Well, now I got an AES, too. Thanks, viaton.

With the console, and the two old-style controllers, it will make organising a meet easier. But it's still so damn hard!

Let's set our sights to August. At this point, does anyone have ANY objections to ANY weekend in August? Let's try to keep it that way for as long as we can, shall we? Let's re-evaluate the situation in a month, and then we can hopefully settle date where more than two of us can attend in!

By that time I will have my first AES game, which, ironically, is the systems last. I'm going to pre-order Samurai Shodown V Special :drool_2: .

Razoola

Divine Hand of the UniBIOS,
Staff member
20 Year Member
I dont have any problem with August I can forsee apart from the last weekend (28th/29th)

Raz

viaton

Neo Geo Cup '98
Weeks 33 and 34 I will be in Greece.

Janne, olen todella iloinen että konsoli löysi arvoisensa omistajan! :multi_co:

finngamer

Big Bang Pro Wrestler
Well, that means we'll have one possible weekend in august. Friday the 6th and saturday the 7th.

So these are okay with viaton and Razoola? Me too. Let's keep both dates open for the time being, okay? I'm serious. If you happen to have something on those dates, that can be rescheduled, do it.

Late doesn't check the boards that often, so what about you RR and Tony?

Razoola

Staff member
20 Year Member
Thinking about it 6/7 is no good for me either.

Raz

finngamer

Big Bang Pro Wrestler
This is getting hilarious.

Oh, well. Since the next time viaton would be available is September, I guess we'll have a reasonable time period to have a meet in between. Sorry again, Pete! (Let's try to have one in September also)

So, new dates, people: the 13th or 14th of August?

RockstarRunner

Wind Jammin' All Night",
You live, you learn.

If you are receiving a package from overseas, if it is marked as a gift, and the total is over 45 euros, you will be taxed.

That is the end of this public service annoucement.

Razoola

Staff member
20 Year Member
RockstarRunner said:
You live, you learn.

If you are receiving a package from overseas, if it is marked as a gift, and the total is over 45 euros, you will be taxed.

That is the end of this public service annoucement.

Yup I have been caught by this one also. I always make sure people mark stuff as a gift and put a value of no more than 20 USD. At least this only affects anything sent from outside the EU, if its inside then there is no tax.

Raz

RockstarRunner

Wind Jammin' All Night",
Yep, that's why I always look to see if there is an EU option for aqquring something first.

So, when we having this meet?!?

Oh, Finngamer you gotta get the uni bios put into your NeoGeo's it'll work in both systems now, ask Raz, maybe he can sort it when we have the next meet!!

Razoola

Staff member
20 Year Member
RockstarRunner said:
Oho Raz, Nyt sä sanoo!

:p

Heh, my wife isnt around to translate but I think the first word is 'now', I know sää = weather but Im now sure on just sä. Im gonna guess and say it translates to 'now read this', am I right?? heh.

I will certinly bring some unibios with me to the met. As long as I can make it.

Raz

finngamer

Big Bang Pro Wrestler
I'm not quite sure what RR is trying to say in his pigfinnish :glee: , but I think he's trying to make you comment on the date of our next meet. (the 13th and 14th of august).

RockstarRunner

Wind Jammin' All Night",
Yes, behold my Finnglish!

I was trying to say "Aha, NOW you tell me..." as in a sarcastic comment about the tax stuff... :p

I have soldering equipment if required for the bioses... no sockets though, so the AES would have to be piggybacked, for which I have no resistor... Raz?

finngamer

Big Bang Pro Wrestler
I just noticed that our thread has over twice the amount of posts than the swedes'. :D

And since the danish have only 6 posts, and the icelanders and norwegians don't even have a thread, I believe it's safe to state, that

FINLAND IS THE NEO-CENTRAL OF NORTHERN EUROPE.

It's now official.

Now if we could just have our meeting off the ground... Viaton is in Greece at that time, but me and RR are still waiting for your response, Raz and Tony, about the 13th and 14th of August. Are they both free dates? Which would you prefer, saturday of sunday?

Oh, and my SSVS left Memphis yesterday! :buttrock:

Last edited:

Razoola

Staff member
20 Year Member
Those days look ok for me so far but a saturday evening would be better for me than a friday.

Raz

finngamer said:
I just noticed that our thread has over twice the amount of posts than the swedes'. :D

And since the danish have only 6 posts, and the icelanders and norwegians don't even have a thread, I believe it's safe to state, that

FINLAND IS THE NEO-CENTRAL OF NORTHERN EUROPE.

It's now official.

Now if we could just have our meeting off the ground... Viaton will respond when he gets back from his travels, but me and RR are still waiting for your response, Raz and Tony, about the 13th and 14th of August. Are they both free dates? Which would you prefer, saturday of sunday?

Status
Not open for further replies.