Suomalainen thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Akira_Tekagi

Kula's Candy
Finngamer, I was wondering if you could accommodate me when there's a meet at your place? I don't like the idea of travelling a long distance to a one day long meet and then returning the same night. I can sleep on the floor if you have two extra matresses.

A year has passed since I registered to these forums but only a couple of new Finnish members have appeared to this thread. It's a shame that there doesn't seem to be more Neo Geo fans in Tampere in addition to me and Reiko... :confused:

Akira_Tekagi

Kula's Candy
Upgrade_fighter_screen_concept.png

Fighter_design_1.png

finngamer

Big Bang Pro Wrestler
Akira_Tekagi said:
Finngamer, I was wondering if you could accommodate me when there's a meet at your place? I don't like the idea of travelling a long distance to a one day long meet and then returning the same night. I can sleep on the floor if you have two extra matresses.

Yeah, sure you can sleep over.

But everyone is so busy (including me), that we'll never get a meet up from the ground. :oh_no:

Akira_Tekagi

Kula's Candy
finngamer said:
Yeah, sure you can sleep over.
That's great, thanks!
finngamer said:
But everyone is so busy (including me), that we'll never get a meet up from the ground. :oh_no:
I'm also busy trying to earn my last course credits at the moment, so I don't know when I could come to a meet.

The pictures that I posted earlier are concept drawings for a "Nemesis-style" horizontal scrolling shmup game that I've been planning. It's pretty easy to draw low resolution Neo Geo 2D graphics with Paint Shop Pro, but it requires lots of time and there are some technical limitations as well. I'm starting to appreciate SNK artists even more than before.

Reiko

Mr. Big's Thug
You're going to make a shmup? That's great ^^ I hope it'll be as good as Ikaruga. But anyway, I just wanted to come here to tell you about this marvelous game that is named Castlevania Dawn of Sorrow. If you like 2d action games, you can't go wrong with this one ;) I've played almost all Castlevanias, including Symphony of The Night which most people say is the best (I said that before too but...) but now we have a new winner here. Dawn of Sorrow is almost perfect, it has great gameplay and loads of nifty little secrets and tricks, it feels like every time I play it I find something new. There are dozens of weapons and magics and stuff for you to play around. Music is the only thing I'm disappointed with, it's good but it isn't great, as opposed to almost all previous 'vanias.

RockstarRunner

Wind Jammin' All Night",
Finn: Don't mind you using my pics, just don't 'link' them (I see you are not), don't want my bandwidth being chewed away :)

Akira_Tekagi

Kula's Candy
Reiko said:
You're going to make a shmup? That's great ^^ I hope it'll be as good as Ikaruga.
I haven't started a serious game project yet, but I got exited after registering to Neo-Bitz forums. I've always wanted to make a horizontal scrolling shmup game, but it would require at least several hundred hours of work. I've tried drawing Neo Geo graphics and writing a design document, but I don't have any idea how difficult it would be to program a game for the Neo Geo. I would be extremely happy if I could program something resembling Nemesis first... ;)

Last edited:

Late

Reichsf?rer-Finnland,
20 Year Member
Nice article & forums Finn :)

p.S Only thing that struck me in the discussion was the rom lamer with the anime avatar saying how X isn`t worth Y euros. And talking fow the Samurai Spirits games weren´t that hot, etc...

lmao.

Reiko

Mr. Big's Thug
Well, I don't think all games are worth their price. Would you buy Kizuna Encounter for 12000 dollars? :) I also play ports (and some roms) because I'm not rich and I mostly just want to play the game and own the cheapest and easiest to get version. Mostly! I don't want to buy platinum/greatest hits etc. versions ;)

Late

Reichsf?rer-Finnland,
20 Year Member
Reiko said:
Well, I don't think all games are worth their price. Would you buy Kizuna Encounter for 12000 dollars? :) I also play ports (and some roms) because I'm not rich and I mostly just want to play the game and own the cheapest and easiest to get version. Mostly! I don't want to buy platinum/greatest hits etc. versions ;)

How original an example you got there ? The rom lamer was talking out of his\her\its ass with bold across the board statements which were not grounded on reality in any way.

I dunno about you rom lamers but if I had a steady job, I`d go the whole nine yards with the neo.

Reiko

Mr. Big's Thug
I'm not a rom lamer, I want to buy the real games too, but I'm happy with this combination: PS2/Xbox, arcade stick, and official ports of the games. Maybe in the future I might buy an AES, but now I'm buying games for all platforms almost equally and play them, so I couldn't afford buying even one really good Neo game, since then I couldn't buy a lot of other good games. I also don't have a steady job at the moment.

Finngamer did give good advice at the thread, that's exactly what I would like to do with the Neo, buy cheaper games like SS II first and maybe invest in others later. But for now, that'll have to wait.

RockstarRunner

Wind Jammin' All Night",
Other people can go play as many roms as they want, I'll make my own decisions on what I buy, and don't, and that's all that matters to me.

Tony, after having looked inside Finn's PS2 i'm well against offering to solder anything that needs to be go to some processor leg, those things are feckin' tiny.

Reiko

Mr. Big's Thug
Akira missäpäin Tamperetta asut, jos tulisin pelailemaan NeoGeota ;) Itse asustan Nirvassa.

Akira_Tekagi

Kula's Candy
Reiko said:
Akira missäpäin Tamperetta asut, jos tulisin pelailemaan NeoGeota ;) Itse asustan Nirvassa.
Asun Sampolassa yhdessä veljeni kanssa. Näet tarkan sijainnin etsimällä osoitteellani Tampereen kaupungin verkkosivujen karttapalvelusta (http://www.tampere.fi/kartat/index.html ) :

Jouni Mutanen
Kaskitie 2 A 9
33540 Tampere

Voit tulla käymään jo huomenna iltapäivällä (mieluiten n. klo 13), jos ehdit.

Reiko

Mr. Big's Thug
Minä käyn tiistaisin siinä Sampolan koululla työväenopistossa kello 19.30-21.00, miten olisi jos tiistaina tulisin sinne joskus siinä viiden-kuuden aikaan? Jatkan siitä sitten matkaa sinne koululle niin se sopisi hyvin aikatauluun :)

Akira_Tekagi

Kula's Candy
Reiko said:
Minä käyn tiistaisin siinä Sampolan koululla työväenopistossa kello 19.30-21.00, miten olisi jos tiistaina tulisin sinne joskus siinä viiden-kuuden aikaan? Jatkan siitä sitten matkaa sinne koululle niin se sopisi hyvin aikatauluun :)
OK, sopii minulle.

Reiko

Mr. Big's Thug
I finally got to try NeoGeo, at Akira's house and it was pretty fun. He of course owned me at what we played, SVC Chaos and Samurai Shodown 2. I think SVC was pretty good, I don't know why it has gotten bad reviews compared to other games.

Akira_Tekagi

Kula's Candy
Reiko said:
I finally got to try NeoGeo, at Akira's house and it was pretty fun. He of course owned me at what we played, SVC Chaos and Samurai Shodown 2. I think SVC was pretty good, I don't know why it has gotten bad reviews compared to other games.
It was great to meet you in person and I'm glad you liked the Neo Geo. It was a shame that we didn't have time to try other games in my collection, but it can wait.

RockstarRunner

Wind Jammin' All Night",
Once the novelty of Capcom chars on the Neo wears off, you will see SVC for what it is, weird as hell. I have it for PS2 and play it only now and then as a novelty, CvS2 owns it to pluto and back.

Oooh, who will get post #1000 ?!?
No +1's :D

Status
Not open for further replies.