Suomalainen thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tony_N

Astra Superstar
finngamer said:
Muuten, Tony N, mitä erikoisjuttuja siinä sun SOA limited boxissa oikein on?

Pelin lisäksi kolme avaimenperää, pieni kantonauha jonka voi kiinnittää esim. kännykkään, ranneke tai vastaava jossa metallinen logo, huivi ja paksuhko vihko missä artworkkia ja tietoa.

RockstarRunner

Wind Jammin' All Night",
Moi!
I shan't subject you all to my Finnish ;)
... well, maybe just a bit :tickled:
Olen Enlgantilainen... phew, that's enough.

I've been living in Finland since July '98, and have a Finn wife. I'm located in Vantaa, Viertola to be precise(that's next to Tikkurila).

I own a Jap Neo AES with following games:
Fatal Fury Special JP
Samurai Spirits 2 JP
Fatal Fury 3 JP
Real Bout Fatal Fury Special JP
King of Fighters 2002 JP
Garou: Mark of the Wolves JP
Shock Troopers (conversion)

I also have a GameCube, Dreamcast, GBA and a gaming PC.

Hauskaa Vappua!!!

- RR

finngamer

Big Bang Pro Wrestler
Although we have had PM dialogue, I'll say this again, now out in the open.

Welcome. Great to meet another guy here in Finland.

You appear to have Mark Of The Wolves. That's awesome. I got to try it out someday. I have looked for it feverishly for the MVS. (Full kit, of course)

RockstarRunner

Wind Jammin' All Night",
Yep, I do have MOTW, only cost me €340... i told some guy at work this, and he absolutely refused to believe me, about the cost that is :loco:
It's so worth it!
Yeah, if we have a meet some time, I might be persuaded to bring my stuff ;)

- RR

viaton

Neo Geo Cup '98
OK guys, I have been somewhere else for a while. As for the neo meeting you suggested let`s do it. Mulle käy wapun jälkeen sitten kun sovitaan. English fellow, you are very welcome to the (I guess first?) Finnish NeoGeo party! :D
Hauskaa wappua jätkät! :buttrock:
Now, I want to do some heavy BOOZING! :multi_co:

finngamer

Big Bang Pro Wrestler
viaton said:
English fellow, you are very welcome to the (I guess first?) Finnish NeoGeo party! :D

Yeah, I guess there haven't been many. All the glory to us. :D

But where should we have this meet-up? I would be happy to host, as long as everybody would be okay to come to Espoo (Espoon Keskus, a few minutes walk from the railroad tracks).

Naturally games can be brought over, so I guess the location is up to the existing hardware.

And IMHO we need an MVS. Me and Viaton have some great games that no-one has on AES. Also one pair of gamers could use the MVS and the other could use the AES on the TV. So it's either me or Viaton (Who lives in Helsinki. Middle ground)

I have a 32" widescreen TV, the MVS cabinet, and GameCube, Xbox, Dreamcast (And the older stuff, but I don't think we'll be playing those.) But I don't have an AES. If we don't play at Viaton's place, would it be out of the question for someone to bring their precious AES?

Like I said , I'd be happy to host, but what are everybodys thoughts on this?

Last edited:

RockstarRunner

Wind Jammin' All Night",
My poor Neo AES... it sits atop a shelf, opened up, guts exposed to the world, awaiting either myself finding the nerve, or my friend (who is experienced) to do the RGB bypass fix. Damn, those solder points are just a bit too close for comfort, I think i'm waiting this one out, and hope my buddy finds some time.

About a party, I really need plenty of notice, being in my situation (wife and little baby girl), so something to bear in mind.

I could bring my AES, so long as I can be sure you won't try to takes my precious from me..... you wants it.... dooooon't you? *looks at golden m.o.t.w. box*
The japanese writing shows up when it comes close to flame... :p

- RR
hope you all had a good vappu!

finngamer

Big Bang Pro Wrestler
Sure, we'll plan enough ahead.

We'll get a decent coverage of games when you have MOTW and Kof '02, Tony N has SNK vs. Capcom Chaos and me and Viaton have Metal Slugs, SamSho 2 and 3, and Puzzle Bobble 2. Can't wait! :buttrock:

viaton

Neo Geo Cup '98
I am pretty busy in the next 4 - 5 weeks (work etc.)... Hoping anyway to be able to attend this gaming night! Finngamers place is ok by me.

finngamer

Big Bang Pro Wrestler
Ok then.

So what we need is an AES system.

Viaton, looking at your list of games, I notice that I pretty much got the important games covered (Slugs, SS 2&3, PB2), so I guess you don't have to bring games. But could you bring your AES?

To even out things, that people should bring, I'm suggesting this:

Viaton: AES system and 1 old-style controller
Tony N: 1 old-style controller and SNK vs. Capcom Chaos
RockstarRunner: KoF '02 and Garou: Mark of the Wolves

I think these are the things we NEED. Naturally, if you want to play something else, bring it. But are everybody cool with the previous listings? (For example, does your AES work, Viaton?)

Then we have to pick a date. I'm thinking saturday, but I don't know the week yet (maybe 3 or 4 weeks from now?). Any suggestions/objections?

viaton

Neo Geo Cup '98
Yep, my AES works. Did you receive MS4 and MS5 already? :buttrock:

I am also going to bring some Neo stickers for everyone... :D

Tony_N

Astra Superstar
I have no problem with bringing games and controllers if I'm coming.

finngamer

Big Bang Pro Wrestler
Slugs 4 and 5 should arrive any day now. Maybe today! :buttrock:

Stickers! :buttrock:

RockstarRunner

Wind Jammin' All Night",
Hey,
Well my AES will be working again by then, and I can bring it, after this mod it will have perfect RGB output, I already have fitted the debug bios and a power led. I'm going to put some stuff about it on my web page when its all done, i'll link it then.

I have 1 old style controller, and 1 hori fighting stick, very solid, good for abusive type play, could be worth bringing.

Should I bring Shock Troopers? And if you haven't played it, and don't worship it, go stand in the corner and feel ashamed! :shame:

finngamers sounds fine... lets see if we can plan a tym3.

- RR

p.s. apologies for degenerating your suomea thread :confused:

finngamer

Big Bang Pro Wrestler
Don't worry about it. :D

We'll, if you want to bring your AES, no-one's stopping you. Debug-bios would be good. But I don't think we'll need the Hori stick.

Yeah, bring Shock Troopers too. I haven't played it, but I'm looking to buy it. I've heard good things. But I just noticed that you should propably also bring Real Bout Fatal Fury Special, too. You got some great games, buddy! I'm just worried about your long journey from Vantaa to Espoo. So If someone else has debug-bios fitted machine, he should bring it. After all, RR is already providing us MOTW. Let's not push our luck. :glee: :D

But we can sort these things out later in the month. But is there a weekend in this month, that won't do to someone? I have nothing specific.

I say, we tentatively reserve the 22nd and 29th of this month. They're saturdays. and we'll pick one date once nearer to the dates. OK?

Last edited:

RockstarRunner

Wind Jammin' All Night",
Well, I can bring the AES if required, and maybe someone else can bring the sticks.
Yeah, I like my collection, I only intend to get the games I really want, like my current collection, to which I plan to add Metal Slug 3 JP when I can.
And, as I mentioned to you via PM, i'd also like KoF ´03 & SSVS, but those i'll only get if I can aqquire with little hassle and when I can spare the money.
Shock Troopers is excellent! RBFFS is really my favourite fighting game, it's so beautiful and really fun to play.

So finngamer, do you live in a rivitalo or something? just wondering how you could fit a cab in an apartment if you don't...

T: RR

finngamer

Big Bang Pro Wrestler
I live an apartment building. But it's over 50 sq metres, so my cab doesn't dominate my apartment. Just my living room. :D

Yeah, you don't need to worry about controllers. If Viaton brings one and Tony N one, we'll be covered.

How about those dates I mentioned? You don't need to make a decision now. But just try to keep both open.

viaton

Neo Geo Cup '98
Just received couple of MVS kits:
Shock Troopers :multi_co:
Neo Driftout

and few loose MVS carts:
View Point
Mutation Nation
Windjammers

RockstarRunner

Wind Jammin' All Night",
Might it be a good idea to move the meeting discussion to the meeting forum? Maybe there is some people who might want to take part who don't speak finnish, so haven't entered the thread... Razoola for instance is in Finland...

I think those dates will be okay, I will let you know if it might be a problem.

Viaton: congrats on the Shock Troopers!

finngamer

Big Bang Pro Wrestler
Nah, I think this forum reaches more Finns than any other. Although I don't think we want to reach more. We can't fit every Finnish Neo owner in my apartment! Let's just see how this first meeting goes just between the four of us.

Plus maybe Razoola.

Do you know this Razoola? Is he a Finn or also from England? Why don't you ask him to join us here on this thread?

Last edited:

RockstarRunner

Wind Jammin' All Night",
Hey,
Well I don't know him other than he's the 'universe bios' guy, PM'd him a few times a little while back, he's like me, English but living in Finland.

Point taken about the 'gathering' forum. 'Englantilainen thread' it is :p

- RR

Last edited:

finngamer

Big Bang Pro Wrestler
Hey, come on guys. Say something about the date.

How does the 21st or 22nd day of this month sound? Friday or saturday?

RockstarRunner

Wind Jammin' All Night",
Hey,
About those dates, It seems I can't make the second suggested saturday (29th) because I have a wedding to go to, but the weekend before(22nd) would likely be fine with me... but... I might be buying KoF '03 on 18th... :multi_co: ... and I most likely won't have it in hand for 22nd :spock:
... your thoughts?

- RR

Status
Not open for further replies.