Suomalainen thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

RockstarRunner

Wind Jammin' All Night",
and it fetches the same money as a good piece of art ;)

October 'eh ... hmm, well currently all is open except the last weekend of the month, as that would be my b'day.

Game currently making itself comfortable in my AES: The King of Fighters 2003

Currently working on: Upgrading my TVPC to a full blown PVR.

Can't wait for: Kemopetrol concert next Thursday, Laura is teh h0tness :make_fac:

Wish I had: more money

finngamer

Big Bang Pro Wrestler
RockstarRunner said:
and it fetches the same money as a good piece of art ;)

Not for my MVS... :p

RockstarRunner said:
October 'eh ... hmm, well currently all is open except the last weekend of the month, as that would be my b'day.

Okay, scratch that weekend.

RockstarRunner said:
Game currently making itself comfortable in my AES: The King of Fighters 2003

KoF 2002 is too hard for me. (I mean the number of specials per character, and the difficulty in executing them.) I much prefer simpler (and more beautiful) games, like Last Blade and Garou.

RockstarRunner said:
Currently working on: Upgrading my TVPC to a full blown PVR.

The what, what and a what now?

RockstarRunner said:
Wish I had: more money

I've got loads. I can throw some your way. Well, maybe not after my X-arcade twin-stick arrives in two weeks. :buttrock:

finngamer

Big Bang Pro Wrestler
I've been posting also on an other gaming forum, one that's affiliated with the finnish game magazine, PELAAJA (transl. PLAYER).

Here's a link to a lengthy post I made there, as a tribute to the Neo-Geo. Check it out, and here's an opportunity for Rob and Raz to brush up on their finnish. :p

So far it hasn't attracted that much attention (no replies yet :rolleyes: ), but who knows. We soon might have more Neo players here in Finland.

http://www.pelaajalehti.com/board/viewtopic.php?p=29449#29449

Oh, and Rob; I used some of the pictures from your home page. Hope this isn't a problem. But I'll remove them if it bothers you. But if not; Thanks!

And Raz, from you I borrowed the animation of Suija bathing in blood. Do you mind?

Last edited:

RockstarRunner

Wind Jammin' All Night",
Nice post, time fo the ed-u-kay-shun yo!
Using those pics is fine, I doubt my site will get hammered ;)

Did you see "The Green Meanie" when you visited? That little PC in a dreamcast shell for watching movies/internet etc. on the tv... well i'm adding a tv card so it can record tv :D sad thing is it will be moving to a new case... so no more green meaness.... :(

on a sode note, I have actually looked at my Neo collection and considered what I could part with to get some money... only possibles where FF3 & maybe AOF3... so not worth it.

Keep tring at KoF '02 you will learn eventually, but I will grant that tit isn't easy... Rugal is cheap as poytä viina

finngamer

Big Bang Pro Wrestler
Raz,

My 6-slot has continued to lose it's sound occasionally, on AES mode. I no longer have the Metal Slug 5 cart in, so it's not related to that. But if I cycle through the games, say, twice, the sound will be gone. Or if I leave the intros rolling.

But if I just pick my game and start playing, it works fine. I've never lost the sound during gameplay, always during the intros, before selecting the game.

About UniBIOS 2.0 and Last Blade 2... I see you haven't added cheats for the two hidden characters. Bummer. They're accessible by button code. Is this something you just didn't know (like Zankuro in SamSho III) or haven't you just spent that much time with LB2?

And what does the LB2 cheat "PowSDM Setsuna" mean?

Razoola

Divine Hand of the UniBIOS,
Staff member
20 Year Member
Yeah I cant add more cheats for lb2 cause all 16 spaces for cheats are already filled. I think the sound issue on the 6slot is just one of those things that happens with them on some games. I know people have problems even without a unibios with this. Is ms5 ok still in console mode? also have you managed to sort your SSVS AES attract mode problem?

Raz

finngamer

Big Bang Pro Wrestler
Razoola said:
Yeah I cant add more cheats for lb2 cause all 16 spaces for cheats are already filled. I think the sound issue on the 6slot is just one of those things that happens with them on some games. I know people have problems even without a unibios with this. Is ms5 ok still in console mode? also have you managed to sort your SSVS AES attract mode problem?

Raz

It's not about MS5, it's about console mode. It just doesn't like rolling through the intros.

No, I haven't bought the electric cleaner spray yet.

Razoola

Staff member
20 Year Member
no I ment that problem when the game crashed after selecting marco in console mode.

Raz

RockstarRunner

Wind Jammin' All Night",
Finn, don't worry about those 2 "secret characters", it's not worth it, as one is just a different intro for that big guy, and the other is for mirror matches.

finngamer

Big Bang Pro Wrestler
Razoola said:
no I ment that problem when the game crashed after selecting marco in console mode.

It never was about Marco. Or even selecting a character. The game had already lost the sounds during the intro, and once a character had been selected, the game crashed soon. But if you start the game WITH sounds, it'll work fine throughout.

RockstarRunner said:
Finn, don't worry about those 2 "secret characters", it's not worth it, as one is just a different intro for that big guy, and the other is for mirror matches.

If you're counting the "different intro", then it has 3 secret characters. The intro character, the mirror-match character, and the third is no other than the boss, Kouryu.

But what about the cheat "PowSDM Setsuna"?

soundnvision

Kula's Candy
Can't believe i haven't stumbled in here before!

Hey everybody! Another finn neo-gamer reporting to duty!

Although i'm not an avid poster on these forums (check out my humble post-count for reference) I do pop in every now and then to see what's happening in the world of neo-geo. But i NEVER KNEW that there's actually a thread for Finnish neo-fans in here!!!

I was just bored at work today and decided to visit the neo-chat, where i talked briefly to Raz. He told me about this thread having other Finns, and so... here i am now. Just hope i'm welcome! :)

Now that the intro's out of the way, I can tell you a bit about me and my experiences with neo-geo. (read on if you're interested)

I grew up playing all sorts of games, and was lucky enough to be in the slightly earlier videogaming-generation that basically saw the birth of videogames in our own living rooms. Ok i have a 6 year older brother, who got the first gaming systems... And that helped a lot in the start, cos i wouldn't have know anything without his games. First there were machines like a Philips TV station with Pong and Space Invaders, then later came commodore 64/128 etc. I was quite hooked from the start, so to say...

Later on i got into the Amiga, and was playing with it intensively between going off to my friends for some NES/PC-gaming. (I still love the Amiga BTW! :crying: )
Afterwards came the 16-bit consoles, and i was actually very keen on playing different stuff with a Megadrive/Genesis and the SNES, although back then i didn't have the money to buy em. Both machines imo had good games, and i never really bothered on taking particular sides on which is better etc.

Yet also in the start of the 90s one gaming machine seemed to come out of nowhere. The mysterious Neo-Geo AES system... It had unbelievable graphics, gorgeous design, like an arcade machine wrapped up in a console. (yeah... we all know this story)

Yeah and the price was outrageous for a teenager! It seriously felt like some sick joke just to torture kids who had no money... Everybody wanted the NeoGeo, but no-one (at least of who i knew) could actually buy one.

Sooo to remedy this, i skipped off to a local arcade place (RIP) in Itäkeskus, helsinki just to play some arcade games. And what do you know: I poured all of my coins to games like Samurai Shodown and Super Sidekicks, hell, even World Heroes! Yeah... They were all Neo games.

Several years after many other consoles came, and 2D gaming gradually turned into 3D. Yet although i did play with these newer consoles, i still mourned after the glorious 2D prime of the NeoGeo i had witnessed. I even told myself that "the price will go down eventually... just wait for it" And as we all know it really DIDN'T. :D

So it wasn't until the start of this year(!) that i actually bought my very own NeoGeo unit. I have a job, some steady income, so i thought why the hell not...
But i didn't buy the AES unit. I always had a dream of having my own flat with my own arcade cab. So i bought a nice 4-slot one! :cool:

I quickly went on a fast collection hunt just to nab those titles i always desired.
My MVS collection isn't really that impressive as some have, but i'm quite content with it myself... I'm pretty much about gaming itself, and not interested whether the game is a "collectible item" or not. Just luv good 2D gaming, like any other sane person... ;)

So here's my MVS collection:

Metal Slug (came with the deal)
Fatal Fury (same as above)
Soccer Brawl (same as above)
Savage Reign (same as above)

And here are the games i bought later on (in no particular order):

Garou: MOTW
Neo Turfmaster
Shock Troopers
Last Blade
Last Blade 2
Metal Slug X
Super Sidekicks (had to! such a nostalgic trip this one :D)
King of Fighters '98
Samurai Shodown 2
Samurai Shodown 4

That's it... I love all the games like they're my babies! :) (I'm pretty crap at em though, but that doesn't take away the fun-factor.)
I'd like to find Metal Slug 3 tho, so maybe i'll add that to the list someday (hopefully) Also thinking of getting Neo Bomberman... and that's quite cheap yeh?

Anyways, i'm very happy to see such a lively group of fellow Finns on these boards. I apologise for this extremely long post (which basically included my lifestory and all), so my future posts will hopefully be a bit shorter. But think about this way: Ainakin saatte helposti eroa hurrien threadiin! ;)

I also apologise for not realizing u guys were here before. I must get myself a pair of glasses... Hope to talk to u people in the future as well!

Näkyy! :multi_co:

RockstarRunner

Wind Jammin' All Night",
Tervetuloa, Hauska tutustua and all that stuff I can't ever seem to spell right ;)
Nice to have another Finn drop in!

You should come to the next meet, the previous ones have been a blast (well, the last one was a bit nerve racking with all the AES sockets being installed).
IMO the other guys i've met at the meets are really nice people.

Fraid you'll have to put up with the English that has corrupted the Suomalainen thread, but we english guys are too st00pid to learn your language well.

finngamer

Big Bang Pro Wrestler
Tervetuloa!

It's really nice to find an other one that shares our passion. Ja hurrithan kaadettiin jo ajat sitten!

At the moment my collection includes a monster 6-slot MVS with 13 games, and an AES with SamSho V Special (with the fatalities, thanks to Raz!)

How old are you, and how long have you had your Neo? BTW, did you buy you cab from Georg at www.realgames.org? That's where I got mine from.

Neo Bomberman isn't the cheapest game around. But I do believe that realgames currently has a cart for 50 €.

You're most welcome to the next meet, which brings us again to scheduling. How do the fridays and saturdays in October sound? The last weekend is out of limits, 'cos RR can't make it, but how about the other weekends?

Razoola

Staff member
20 Year Member
I should beable to know after next weekend what weekends I can or cant make it.

Raz

soundnvision

Kula's Candy
Thanks for the replies people :)

A meet would sound good, but i might have one thing that stops me slightly:
I have a girlfriend overseas, and she pops over every now and then- which means my weekends are pretty booked then. (lame excuse i know, but we need teh quality-time etc)

But i don't know if she'll be coming by on these weekends, so i'll have to wait n see... I also play music with a couple of friends, which usually takes place around saturdays or sundays.

BTW another thing about the meets: What games do u usually play, and are they on mvs or aes? (somehow i'm guessing mvs)

I have to warn everyone that i'm pretty weak on many of the games, since i haven't had them for that long... So i'll most definitely be the one getting all the ass-kicking :D But it does sound fun otherwise, so if i'm able to squeeze in i'd be more than happy to join u guys!

Oh and RockstarRunner, i have no problem with talking english here... I have to use the language very regularly in my life anyways, so it's more than ok here as well :)

And finngamer: Yeah i bought the cab from georg :cool: i believe i got it somewhere around january 2004. I think it's cool u have a six-slot cab, since mine is only a 4-slot one... Plus i gotta say i'm very jealous of your SamSho V Special too!

I'm 24 years young/old now. As i said in my long post before, i only recently got to buy a neogeo, even though i craved for one for many, many years.
That's why some games are also still quite mysterious to me, even some of the most reknown ones, such as the KoF series(!).

I've got KoF 98, but i'd like to have '99 and maybe 2003 as well. Also i still need to get Metal Slug 3... These are all pretty damn expensive titles, so i gotta be patient.

BTW if anyone here has got any exeriences with KoF2003 i'd really appreciate comments et such... Haven't been able to play it myself, and actual reviews of the game are very sparse or totally non-existent. (Kazuya and Neo reviews don't have any reviews on it) -I'll probably start asking people on the KoF forums as well.

Thanks for welcoming me guys! I'll happily join u and talk more about the NEO in the future as well :)

+ P.S. Finngamer, hurrit varmasti kaatui jo ajat sitten... Mutta ainahan ne iskevät takaisin jollain tavalla: 5-1 = 5-6... Muistatko? ;) :D

RockstarRunner

Wind Jammin' All Night",
I've got KoF'03 for my AES, and it's a really good game, worth the $$$ imo.
Fighting system is great and you can play it as simple or complex as you like.
I'm really happy with my '02 & '03 they have a full spectrum of KoF play between them, I will eventually add KoF '96 as it was my first KoF I played, and I have a real soft spot for it.

At the meets we play AES & MVS.

I appear :eye: :eye: to be the fighting master, but Finn gives a nice challenge in my Garou ( :buttrock: ) ... Finn does appear to be the Puzzle Bobble champion, yup Terry sure as heck ain't in that game :loco:

soundnvision

Kula's Candy
RockstarRunner said:
I've got KoF'03 for my AES, and it's a really good game, worth the $$$ imo.

hey this is actually good to hear :)

can u tell me if there's any censorship on the KoF2003?
i read in some thread that one guy had a censored AES version, with no Mai's bounce and no blood?

Have these been taken out, or have they been gone from the KoF series before? (i haven't played the 2k series at all)

And also do u think there might be censoring on the MVS version? It's the one that i'm interested in getting, so i'd really like to know.

The whole principal of censorship annoys me to bits, so i really hope this doesn't exist in the new KoF games. Every creation, whether a movie, music, or a game should be experienced in its originally intended form imo.

finngamer

Big Bang Pro Wrestler
soundnvision said:
And finngamer: Yeah i bought the cab from georg :cool: i believe i got it somewhere around january 2004. I think it's cool u have a six-slot cab, since mine is only a 4-slot one... Plus i gotta say i'm very jealous of your SamSho V Special too!

+ P.S. Finngamer, hurrit varmasti kaatui jo ajat sitten... Mutta ainahan ne iskevät takaisin jollain tavalla: 5-1 = 5-6... Muistatko?

Saatana... :mad: Älä muistuta siitä. :D

So you bought your cab in january... You know it's possible, that you were the guy who got the cab from under my nose. I was talking with Georg about it, and he said that it (the 4-slotter) is taken already. So he hooked me up with a 6-slot. :D

soundnvision said:
And also do u think there might be censoring on the MVS version? It's the one that i'm interested in getting, so i'd really like to know.

The whole principal of censorship annoys me to bits, so i really hope this doesn't exist in the new KoF games. Every creation, whether a movie, music, or a game should be experienced in its originally intended form imo.

If you're worried about it, get a UniBIOS 2.0 from Raz...

RockstarRunner said:
I appear :eye: :eye: to be the fighting master, but Finn gives a nice challenge in my Garou ( :buttrock: ) ... Finn does appear to be the Puzzle Bobble champion, yup Terry sure as heck ain't in that game :loco:

But I haven't played Garou for so long... :crying: My skills have rusted for sure.

soundnvision

Kula's Candy
finngamer said:
So you bought your cab in january... You know it's possible, that you were the guy who got the cab from under my nose. I was talking with Georg about it, and he said that it (the 4-slotter) is taken already. So he hooked me up with a 6-slot. :D

Really? Wow that's quite cool! It would normally be a huge coincidence, but since this is the finnish neo-thread, i'm actually not that surprised ;)

What does your cab look like btw? Mine is a white one. The only pisser with it is the fact that the plexiglass screen is scratched from some parts... I'm thinking of getting a new screen for it, possibly glass. (cheaper, but i mustn't "accidentally" hit it)

Other than that i'm happy with my cab. I decorated it with some funky stickers, so now it's really looking like some stuff from my childhood :)

finngamer

Big Bang Pro Wrestler
soundnvision said:
What does your cab look like btw? Mine is a white one. The only pisser with it is the fact that the plexiglass screen is scratched from some parts... I'm thinking of getting a new screen for it, possibly glass. (cheaper, but i mustn't "accidentally" hit it)

Other than that i'm happy with my cab. I decorated it with some funky stickers, so now it's really looking like some stuff from my childhood :)

You can see a bit of my cab from the picture of our last meet, on the previous page. RockstarRunner is on the left, then me, the Raz and on the right is Tony_N.

My screen is pretty much scratch free, and I it's in pretty good condition otherwise as well, save for some "fuck"-scratches on the right side wall. But I have a nice KoF 2002 poster covering that up, so it doesn't bother me. But I did have to do quite a bit of renovation and cleaning with it, for it to become so neat and tidy.

soundnvision

Kula's Candy
finngamer said:
You can see a bit of my cab from the picture of our last meet, on the previous page.

Yeah i see it :cool:

Mine is a bit dingy, but i'm okay with it. It gives the machine some character i guess... It's funny we all seem to have japanese cabs (white ones), but the arcades in helsinki had mostly american ones (i think they're called candy cabs).

You know, the red ones... I played at least Metal Slug 2 & X on those. I just wonder where they went. Correct me if i'm wrong though, because i'm merely relying on distant memories here.

viaton

Neo Geo Cup '98
CandyCab is a Japanese style sit cab.
Gonna get one of those pretty soon, hopefully Neo29. :buttrock:

American cabs are usually black/red.

soundnvision

Kula's Candy
viaton said:
CandyCab is a Japanese style sit cab.
Gonna get one of those pretty soon, hopefully Neo29. :buttrock:

American cabs are usually black/red.

Ah okay... yeah well i meant the US red/black versions then. Sorry bout the incovenience! What comes to the apparent candy cab, i remember playing bust-a-move on one of those. It's kinda sweet :)

Status
Not open for further replies.