Suomalainen thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tony_N

Astra Superstar
I'm still not sure what's up with me on Saturday..

So I've been thinking that if I came with my AES, would there be any possibility to equip my AES with some Unibios goodness too?

And is there any way to find out what the hell is the serial number of my AES because there's no sticker in the bottom?

Edit: I also think there's no socket in my AES.

Last edited:

Razoola

Divine Hand of the UniBIOS,
Staff member
20 Year Member
Ok we will use both sockets on both AES's then if you bring yours along also.

Raz

Razoola

Staff member
20 Year Member
Tony_N said:
I'm still not sure what's up with me on Saturday..

So I've been thinking that if I came with my AES, would there be any possibility to equip my AES with some Unibios goodness too?

And is there any way to find out what the hell is the serial number of my AES because there's no sticker in the bottom?

Edit: I also think there's no socket in my AES.

Hi there, It would be great if you came also, I will need to find some time to get to the electronics shop tomorrow though to find another socket, it shouldent be a problem, I'll just go in my lunch break.

Im not sure if there is another way to find out the serial number, anyone?

Raz

finngamer

Big Bang Pro Wrestler
Razoola said:
From what rock said earlier I thought he wanted to bring his AES to have a socket fitted also, thats why he asked for 3? I think his currect bios is maybe piggybacked? I think 2 sockets is enough for both AES systems as the 6slot will have a socket already for sure.

Raz

By "operation" I meant the RGB bypass. I thought you meant it (not the socketing) when you asked for serials. Why else would you need to know the serials?

And Tony, nice to see you are thinking of coming. But just in case Raz can't get another socket, I hope you'll still be interested.

I mean, do you honestly say you get all the Neo gaming you want with your non-Neo friends? So that you wouldn't come if it wasn't for the socket?

Come on, it'll be a blast.

Tony_N

Astra Superstar
finngamer said:
By "operation" I meant the RGB bypass. I thought you meant it (not the socketing) when you asked for serials. Why else would you need to know the serials?

And Tony, nice to see you are thinking of coming. But just in case Raz can't get another socket, I hope you'll still be interested.

I mean, do you honestly say you get all the Neo gaming you want with your non-Neo friends? So that you wouldn't come if it wasn't for the socket?

Come on, it'll be a blast.

Yeah I'm interested in coming but getting my AES equipped with Unibios would be awesome.

I don't really have any lift though, carrying the Neo and maybe some games while travelling by public transport isn't really tempting.

Razoola

Staff member
20 Year Member
Tony_N said:
Yeah I'm interested in coming but getting my AES equipped with Unibios would be awesome.

I don't really have any lift though, carrying the Neo and maybe some games while travelling by public transport isn't really tempting.

I think I'll pick up a socket tommorow anyway no matter what. I can maybe help with transport also as I'll have a car.

Raz

Razoola

Staff member
20 Year Member
finngamer said:

I actually wanted the serials so I could hard code them onto the chips I bring. Ultra leetness = unibios with matching serial to your AES system :)

Raz

finngamer

Big Bang Pro Wrestler
Raz, are you proficient in driving in Helsinki?

You see Tony, Raz is coming from Turku. I think it would be by far the easiest and quickest way to take the train here to Espoon Keskus. I could meet you at the station.

And besides, you'd just need to bring your AES (and no controllers) and one game, SVC Chaos. They'll fit nicely in a backpack.

Or if you want strenght in numbers, you could meet up with RockstarRunner. He's coming from Vantaa via train and he'd change the train at Pasila.

Razoola

Staff member
20 Year Member
I have no problem driving in the city but I wouldent have a clue where I was going which I sopose could be a problem. The option is there though. Its nice that Espoo is on the Turku side of Helsinki though. Im gonna need a map again I think though, whats the address again finn and a url of a map site so I can print one off?

Raz

finngamer

Big Bang Pro Wrestler
Razoola said:
I have no problem driving in the city but I wouldent have a clue where I was going which I sopose could be a problem. The option is there though. Its nice that Espoo is on the Turku side of Helsinki though. Im gonna need a map again I think though, whats the address again finn and a url of a map site so I can print one off?

Raz

Go to www.keltaisetsivut.fi and click "reittihaku" on the top of the page. Then enter your address on the first field, and type "espoo,sokinsuontie" on the other. Untick all the options below, it'll be easier.

The result will be a map of Finland, with a line between our locations. click "lähennä" to make the map zoom in.

Razoola

Staff member
20 Year Member
I got me a map ready, so once I'm on this road I'll just give you a call yes?

Raz

finngamer

Big Bang Pro Wrestler
Razoola said:
I got me a map ready, so once I'm on this road I'll just give you a call yes?

Raz

Send me a text message when you're on your way. Just so I know you're coming. When you get to Espoon Keskus, THEN give me a call. I'll give you more specific instructions.

When getting nearer to Espoo/Helsinki, just follow the "Espoon Keskus"-signs.

Razoola

Staff member
20 Year Member
I went to the electronics shop today in my lunch and got another 2 sockets, the bummer about this journey is that I also got a parking ticket for 40 euros :( Dam parking inspector must have been in stealth mode and I was only in the shop for like 1 minute. Got out of the shop to see the sticker on my window and no inspector anywhere!! can they actually do that, for all he or she knows I could hae been in the shop getting change for the parking machine.

Raz

Tony_N

Astra Superstar
Razoola said:
I went to the electronics shop today in my lunch and got another 2 sockets, the bummer about this journey is that I also got a parking ticket for 40 euros :( Dam parking inspector must have been in stealth mode and I was only in the shop for like 1 minute. Got out of the shop to see the sticker on my window and no inspector anywhere!! can they actually do that, for all he or she knows I could hae been in the shop getting change for the parking machine.

Raz

Damn, that parking ticket just plain sucks.

Razoola

Staff member
20 Year Member
Ok I'm starting to gather some things up together so I don't forget anything tomorrow. So far I have.

- Me
- 4 x UNIVERSE BIOS 2.0 beta chips
- 4 x sockets (I got one spare in case)
- Low watt soldering iron + solder + pump

There are a couple more things I can think of but I dont have. One is a multimeter in case we need trace some faults. Also I wonder if I should bring some small cutters to remove the original bios chips from the AES's, this would make those chips useless but makes the removal far more easy?

I Figure 4 unbios chips will be enough, 2 for finn (AES/6SLOT), 1 for Rocks AES and one for Tony's AES if he can make it. This dosent mean you have to take them if you dont want them but I'll have them on hand in case. Please remember that I will need to charge you guys for these chips but I can do them a little cheaper I expect :)

I'll also bring some cash to buy some grub/munchies etc from local shops.

Is there anything else I should bring?

Raz

finngamer

Big Bang Pro Wrestler
Razoola said:
Ok I'm starting to gather some things up together so I don't forget anything tomorrow. So far I have.

- Me
- 4 x UNIVERSE BIOS 2.0 beta chips
- 4 x sockets (I got one spare in case)
- Low watt soldering iron + solder + pump

There are a couple more things I can think of but I dont have. One is a multimeter in case we need trace some faults. Also I wonder if I should bring some small cutters to remove the original bios chips from the AES's, this would make those chips useless but makes the removal far more easy?

I Figure 4 unbios chips will be enough, 2 for finn (AES/6SLOT), 1 for Rocks AES and one for Tony's AES if he can make it. This dosent mean you have to take them if you dont want them but I'll have them on hand in case. Please remember that I will need to charge you guys for these chips but I can do them a little cheaper I expect :)

I'll also bring some cash to buy some grub/munchies etc from local shops.

Is there anything else I should bring?

Raz

That sounds good. I got pliers here, but maybe you should bring your own too, just in case.

Will the Uni BIOS you bring be 1.3 or a near-finished 2.0? But yeah, we'll pay for them, naturally.

You got any games? MVS? Or GameCube or Xbox for that matter?

Tony, you coming? I'm sure Raz will come to get you if you ask him nicely, but be fair, taking the commuter train is pretty easy. And like I said, I'd meet you at the Espoo train station. And if you want to arrange a date with RockstarRunner, I could PM you his mobile phone number (He's at the summer house now, unable to access internet). He's propably coming 6'ish.

And if you don't want to go home in the middle of the night, the opportunity to crash is available.

Razoola

Staff member
20 Year Member
The chips will be 2.0 betas. Saying that though its more release candidate than beta at this point now. I'm still not sure if I'll crash the nite or not but I'll bring a few things in case.

Raz

Tony_N

Astra Superstar
Well a ride to Espoo would be great of course..

I'm a stranger to traveling by trains, it's been a long time... is the ticket system changed or something?

finngamer

Big Bang Pro Wrestler
Missä päin Helsinkiä asut? Käytätkö bussia? Kyllä junissa käy sama älykortti kuin busseissakin. (sekä arvolla- että voimassaoloajalla varustettuna)

Mutta junalipun voit ostaa nousemalla lipunmyyntivaunuun ja odottamalla konduktööriä.

Toinen vaihtoehto on bussi, nouse Kampin laiturilta nro 59 bussiin numero 154. Sillä pääsee melkein kotiovelleni saakka.

finngamer

Big Bang Pro Wrestler
Tony, I PM'd you my phone number. So we can communicate more directly. Let me know how you plan on coming.

Razoola

Staff member
20 Year Member
I'm on my way

Hi, Just to let you know I'm about to leave Turku and be on my way to your place. I'll give you a call once I'm at the end of these map directions.

Raz

Status
Not open for further replies.