Suomalainen thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

RockstarRunner

Wind Jammin' All Night",
Awesome, now Raz is sure to crack it! Thing is, a lot of people are more than likely gonna send thier carts back, where the changes Playmore will make will more than likely prevent full fatalities from ever being accessed.

That's just a thought though, I may be wrong... :eek_2:

Don't have the $$$ to get SSVs right now... argh! well, on the other hand LB2 is a work of freakin art... and coincidently had hard slash kills ala SS 1 - 4 ;)

Late

Reichsf?rer-Finnland,
20 Year Member
RockstarRunner said:
Awesome, now Raz is sure to crack it! Thing is, a lot of people are more than likely gonna send thier carts back, where the changes Playmore will make will more than likely prevent full fatalities from ever being accessed.

That's just a thought though, I may be wrong... :eek_2:

Don't have the $$$ to get SSVs right now... argh! well, on the other hand LB2 is a work of freakin art... and coincidently had hard slash kills ala SS 1 - 4 ;)

And I`d wager that LB2 poops on SSV qualitywise.

P.S Janne, Sorry that I backed off from the rb2 deal, but I had a moment of truth, and realised I couldn`t part with it, quite unprofessional, I know.

finngamer

Big Bang Pro Wrestler
Late said:
And I`d wager that LB2 poops on SSV qualitywise.

P.S Janne, Sorry that I backed off from the rb2 deal, but I had a moment of truth, and realised I couldn`t part with it, quite unprofessional, I know.

No worries, mate.

Yeah, the LB series is to the SS series what MOTW is to KoF. LB and MOTW have just a few characters, but they are the best animated ones on the Neo. The best graphics overall.

But SSVS is quite fantastic. I've played it more now, and it has a really good battle system, with a wealth of options and strategies to employ. And the now up-and coming (thanks, Raz) FATALITIES, it will have a unique flavour to it.

I haven't played LB2, but even if it is better (and I believe it is), I bet SSVS is right behind it. SSVS is, after all, IMO the best SS.

But, Late, how about coming to a meet a week from now, on the 14th, saturday? Me, RockstarRunner and Razoola are aboard, and we're waiting a reply from you and Tony_N. Viaton can't make it, he's watching the olympics (Live on the spot. Not from TV). It would be here at my place, in Espoon keskus.

Late

Reichsf?rer-Finnland,
20 Year Member
finngamer said:
No worries, mate.

Yeah, the LB series is to the SS series what MOTW is to KoF. LB and MOTW have just a few characters, but they are the best animated ones on the Neo. The best graphics overall.

But SSVS is quite fantastic. I've played it more now, and it has a really good battle system, with a wealth of options and strategies to employ. And the now up-and coming (thanks, Raz) FATALITIES, it will have a unique flavour to it.

I haven't played LB2, but even if it is better (and I believe it is), I bet SSVS is right behind it. SSVS is, after all, IMO the best SS.

But, Late, how about coming to a meet a week from now, on the 14th, saturday? Me, RockstarRunner and Razoola are aboard, and we're waiting a reply from you and Tony_N. Viaton can't make it, he's watching the olympics (Live on the spot. Not from TV). It would be here at my place, in Espoon keskus.

Personally I consider SSIII the pinnacle of SNK swordfighting, great dark and foreboding atmosphere & gfx and a relentless and vicious AI + brutal game mechanics to boot. Too bad they had to rush the game out and it shows (lame kuroko, text endings, etc.)

Bout`the meet; Can`t say for sure at the mo, because It may be that my friends are having this party I, which I promised to attend, but chances are that they`ll postpone the event, so if I can make it , I`ll let you know.

Now I`m off to uncork my kossu....

over & out

L

finngamer

Big Bang Pro Wrestler
My favourite was SS3, but then SSVS took the throne. You'll like it, I'm sure. Come to the meet to find out yourself.

Last edited:

RockstarRunner

Wind Jammin' All Night",
Comparing LB2 to MOTW is spot on in my opinion, they both reek of quality... I''ve been playing the a$$ off LB2... da da da da daaaa I'm lovin' it

SS3 was lotsa fun in 2 player, I was wearing a big grin.... until we played the cpu :(

finngamer

Big Bang Pro Wrestler
RockstarRunner said:
SS3 was lotsa fun in 2 player, I was wearing a big grin.... until we played the cpu :(

:angry: :mad: :very_ang: :blow_top:

I hate the CPU in this game! I'm no bad player, but I simply CAN NOT finish the game. Even with unlimited credits. It's amazing.

Razoola

Divine Hand of the UniBIOS,
Staff member
20 Year Member
heh, thank... Im gettting over the hill now, I think I'm 35 today :)

Raz

finngamer

Big Bang Pro Wrestler
Razoola said:
heh, thank... Im gettting over the hill now, I think I'm 35 today :)

Raz

That's still young! Viaton here is 36, I believe. And that's young, too.

Oh, and in case you didn't notice, I even posted a thread about this in General Discussion. :p . I thought many people wanted to congratulate you, check it out.

viaton

Neo Geo Cup '98
finngamer said:
That's still young! Viaton here is 36, I believe. And that's young, too.

Oh, and in case you didn't notice, I even posted a thread about this in General Discussion. :p . I thought many people wanted to congratulate you, check it out.

I am 33 and still wearing dipers....
Monday, Athens! :buttrock:

Have a great summer guys and congrats Raz! You old fart... ! :lol: ;)

Last edited:

Razoola

Staff member
20 Year Member
My fav drink is brandy and lemonade :)

Well its almost the weekend so I'm starting to think about what I need to bring with me and what time to get there. Finn, Are you a Formula1 fan? I ask cause I love it and on Saturday is the qualifying. So I can either plan to get to your place before that starts or leave Turku towards your place when it finishes.

I dont think there is a need now to bring my PC stuff is there? I will still bring the soldering stuff, sockets and some unibios chips though. I wonder, apart from the AES, what other NeoGeo stuff will be there? Am I right in thinking there will be a multislot? How about kof2003 or windjammers?

Raz

Razoola

Staff member
20 Year Member
Finn, did you see my last message?

Raz

finngamer

Big Bang Pro Wrestler
Ok, stuff we have here at the ready:

6 slot MVS

-Metal Slug
-Metal Slug 2
-Metal Slug X
-Metal Slug 4
-Metal Slug 5
-KoF '94
-KoF '95
-Samurai Shodown II
-Samurai Shodown III
-Puzzle Bobble 2

AES + 2 old-style controllers

Samurai Shodown 3 Special

So bring games that you wanna play. I haven't tried Windjammers, does it come highly recommended by you? If so, bring it. And KoF '03 is a must. Maybe you should bring the MVS, no need to bother RR's AES copy.

Because he's bringing so many games already, right RR? Garou: MOTW, Real Bout Special, Last Blade 2, KoF '02, Shock Troopers... RR, chime in once you get back from the summer house.

And Late and Tony_N? Talk to me guys.

Raz, no need to bring the PC stuff now. Just bring the soldering equipment. Can't wait to fatalize your ass!

About the F1's... Not a big fan. When will the qualifying begin and end? If it is unmissable to you, maybe you can tape it or something? But I'm not going to die of boredom, should we watch it here. After all, we could talk and get acquinted at the same time. So it's up to you.

It would be good if you guys bring something to munch or gulp. But there's a convenience store right next to me (open till 18.00) and the pizza places are open at the evening.

Razoola

Staff member
20 Year Member
I don't actually have kof2003 or windjammers, I just wondered if either of you guys had it. The F1 starts at either 2 or 3pm on Saturday and will go on for 1 hour. So youll have your SSVS as well or did you send it back to shawn?

Raz

finngamer

Big Bang Pro Wrestler
Razoola said:
I don't actually have kof2003 or windjammers, I just wondered if either of you guys had it. The F1 starts at either 2 or 3pm on Saturday and will go on for 1 hour. So youll have your SSVS as well or did you send it back to shawn?

Raz

No way in hell did I send it. Hope you have practiced...

Okay. So now RR must bring KoF '03 as well. And Raz, you just come before the F1's, okay?

RockstarRunner

Wind Jammin' All Night",
Hmm, not sure I wanna bring a ton of games... i'm sure it'd be fine if I just brought KoF'03, LB2, ST & Garou.

RBFFS is a great game, but I think it really excells for 1 player, thus it's not critical IMO.

Shall I bring MS3? ... Finn, once you played it enough, you'll notice that anything you thought was new in 4 is.... not :loco: (Robot boss anyone...?)

I am coming back from the Summer house on saturday lunchtime... I can be at your place between 18:00-19:00.

Raz, do you have a third socket (incase Finn's MVS is not socketed) if so, maybe I could bring my AES and solder it... and, any chance we will see the 2.0 beta?

finngamer

Big Bang Pro Wrestler
RockstarRunner said:
Hmm, not sure I wanna bring a ton of games... i'm sure it'd be fine if I just brought KoF'03, LB2, ST & Garou.

RBFFS is a great game, but I think it really excells for 1 player, thus it's not critical IMO.

Shall I bring MS3? ... Finn, once you played it enough, you'll notice that anything you thought was new in 4 is.... not :loco: (Robot boss anyone...?)

I am coming back from the Summer house on saturday lunchtime... I can be at your place between 18:00-19:00.

Raz, do you have a third socket (incase Finn's MVS is not socketed) if so, maybe I could bring my AES and solder it... and, any chance we will see the 2.0 beta?

Yeah, those four games you mentioned will do just fine.

And don't bring MS3. I want to play it once I own it myself. But of course, if someone else wants to play it, bring it for them.

MS4 new stuff: You can get into enemy slugs, you can play as a monkey, 2 new characters, the "metallish"-point system...

Come ASAP. You going to run away before the night again, or are you going to test the hospitality of my mattress/couch?

Razoola

Staff member
20 Year Member
RockstarRunner said:

I only have 2 and wont have a chance to get another one, if its a 6SLOT though it will have a socket for sure. I will bring the lastest versions yes :)

Raz

Razoola

Staff member
20 Year Member
btw finn and rock, whats the serial number of your AES systems?

Raz

finngamer

Big Bang Pro Wrestler
Razoola said:
btw finn and rock, whats the serial number of your AES systems?

Raz

So no need to do the thing you were thinking about :glee: .

And RR's was high, and he's had the "operation" done already.

Razoola

Staff member
20 Year Member
finngamer said:

So no need to do the thing you were thinking about :glee: .

And RR's was high, and he's had the "operation" done already.

From what rock said earlier I thought he wanted to bring his AES to have a socket fitted also, thats why he asked for 3? I think his currect bios is maybe piggybacked? I think 2 sockets is enough for both AES systems as the 6slot will have a socket already for sure.

Raz

RockstarRunner

Wind Jammin' All Night",
Hey,
Brief message before I dissapear again...

Slug 3 will stay at home then.

If Finn's 6'er has a socket, which it should, i'll bring my AES for that, I am piggybacked Raz ;)

My AES is 333883, I have already done an RGB bypass and a power led mod, aswell as the current debug bios.

- Rob

Status
Not open for further replies.