Suomalainen thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Razoola

Divine Hand of the UniBIOS,
Staff member
20 Year Member
I went to my local electronics shop today, I forgot to ask about a desoldering iron but I did get 2 40pin DIP sockets, I'll have to go back and ask again in a couple of days time.

Raz

Razoola

Staff member
20 Year Member
Rockstar, an desoldering iron looks something like this btw.

unsolder.jpg

Raz

finngamer

Big Bang Pro Wrestler
RockstarRunner said:
I do not have a desoldering iron! Nor does the Biltema near me carry them... can you get hold of one Raz, i'm sure finn would pay for it...(?)

How much would that cost? Though I wouldn't need it beyond this one job. Would you have more need for it Raz? You could buy it and I would chip in.

finngamer

Big Bang Pro Wrestler
Oh, and Raz. What have you done with SSVS? Did you find the original dumps?

Have you got the fatalities working or is there even a way to know for sure without an original AES copy?

Razoola

Staff member
20 Year Member
finngamer said:
Oh, and Raz. What have you done with SSVS? Did you find the original dumps?

Have you got the fatalities working or is there even a way to know for sure without an original AES copy?

I havent done anything with ssvs yet, I still dont have the dump :(

Raz

finngamer

Big Bang Pro Wrestler
Well, can you try something when you get your hands on my copy? Or are we really dependent on the romz?

Razoola

Staff member
20 Year Member
finngamer said:
Well, can you try something when you get your hands on my copy? Or are we really dependent on the romz?

I can certinally try stuff if I have access to AES with socket and AES cart. Ill bring my stuff to your house with the hope of it maybe. Will basically be just a PC with eprom emulator, eprom programmer and eraser. I probably wont bring a PC monitor though if its ok and simply use yours?

btw, do you work on the saturday day time? if not I can probably come a little early? I really want to make this one.

Raz

RockstarRunner

Wind Jammin' All Night",
Yeah, I'm familiar with what a desoldering iron looiks like, haven't used one before though, and can't sem to find one for that matter, I was looking back when I did the mods to my system.

I guess whoever has the rom either doesn't know or care about this situation too much, or atleast doiesn't know the work Razoola does...

finngamer

Big Bang Pro Wrestler
Razoola said:
I can certinally try stuff if I have access to AES with socket and AES cart. Ill bring my stuff to your house with the hope of it maybe. Will basically be just a PC with eprom emulator, eprom programmer and eraser. I probably wont bring a PC monitor though if its ok and simply use yours?

btw, do you work on the saturday day time? if not I can probably come a little early? I really want to make this one.

Raz

Nope, Saturday is free. We have the whole day.

But about my PC... It's pretty busted up. Everything is failing with it (it crashes, I can't use the mouse...) And a few months ago my monitor broke down too. Now it has a monitor from my old 486. If you can manage with a monitor that's as old as the Neo, then by all means you can use it. :D

Would it be too bold for you to simply make a new thread, wherein you simply ask the original dumps? Someone is bound to know where they are. And I don't think you'd get flamed for asking the romz; everyone appreciates what you're doing. :glee: . But maybe it's time for this after we've tried everything on the 14th.

Tony_N

Astra Superstar
Sup guys

So a new meeting on the 14th of August... I can't really say anything about that yet but if I am able to be there then I'll let you know.

Razoola

Staff member
20 Year Member
finngamer said:
Nope, Saturday is free. We have the whole day.

But about my PC... It's pretty busted up. Everything is failing with it (it crashes, I can't use the mouse...) And a few months ago my monitor broke down too. Now it has a monitor from my old 486. If you can manage with a monitor that's as old as the Neo, then by all means you can use it. :D

Would it be too bold for you to simply make a new thread, wherein you simply ask the original dumps? Someone is bound to know where they are. And I don't think you'd get flamed for asking the romz; everyone appreciates what you're doing. :glee: . But maybe it's time for this after we've tried everything on the 14th.

I think that monitor will be fine, can it handle a 1024x768 res and if so at what hz? I have asked around for a ssvs dump but noone seems to know who dumped it :(. I think we should be fine though with just the cart as long as we get the socket on the AES and eprom emulator running.

I think I would like to come earlier on the saturday if thats ok? also does the overnight offer still stand like at the last meet?

Raz

finngamer

Big Bang Pro Wrestler
Razoola said:
I think that monitor will be fine, can it handle a 1024x768 res and if so at what hz? I have asked around for a ssvs dump but noone seems to know who dumped it :(. I think we should be fine though with just the cart as long as we get the socket on the AES and eprom emulator running.

I think I would like to come earlier on the saturday if thats ok? also does the overnight offer still stand like at the last meet?

Raz

You can come at noon if you like. And yep, you can stay over. The same goes for others participating.

About the monitor... No idea whatsoever. Sorry.

RockstarRunner

Wind Jammin' All Night",
I'd put my money on 1024*768 at 60hz top on that old monitor of yours finn, can you try it.... that'd be brain busting if you tried it... 800*600 will probably be better hz, but can you work at that rez... anyways, Finn can tell you this... I can't bring my monitor ;)

Razoola

Staff member
20 Year Member
I had a go at some soldering today and putting a socket in place of a chip soldered to the pcb (a old cps2 board I had lying around). I cheated a little and actually cut the chip off (from the legs) and then unsoldering each leg remains one by one. I removed them by heating one side of the PCB where it was soldered and on the other side I used one of those hand held suction pumps to suck it out the other end once hot. It worked a treat and was alot easier than I thought, the socket fitted right into place easily. I feel quite confident that I can put a socket on a AES using the same method. Is this the way you did em RockstarRunner?

Finn, if your using that monitor now on your pc, whats your desktop res and what hz?

Raz

finngamer

Big Bang Pro Wrestler
Razoola said:
I had a go at some soldering today and putting a socket in place of a chip soldered to the pcb (a old cps2 board I had lying around). I cheated a little and actually cut the chip off (from the legs) and then unsoldering each leg remains one by one. I removed them by heating one side of the PCB where it was soldered and on the other side I used one of those hand held suction pumps to suck it out the other end once hot. It worked a treat and was alot easier than I thought, the socket fitted right into place easily. I feel quite confident that I can put a socket on a AES using the same method. Is this the way you did em RockstarRunner?

Finn, if your using that monitor now on your pc, whats your desktop res and what hz?

Raz

Sounds good (about the soldering).

But like you have propably read, the NeoStore will announce the plan to recall the carts on monday. I'm not sure what to do. I guess I'll evaluate the situation firmly come monday, but it may be, that I don't have the SSVS cart on the 14th. If I could just have the time to send it back to Shawn after that date...

Again about the monitor: No idea, sorry. I'm not the technical type. Though on the back it says 50-60 hz.

Last edited:

Razoola

Staff member
20 Year Member
finngamer said:
Sounds good (about the soldering).

But like you have propably read, the NeoStore will announce the plan to recall the carts on monday. I'm not sure what to do. I guess I'll evaluate the situation firmly come monday, but it may be, that I don't have the SSVS cart on the 14th. If I could just have the time to send it back to Shawn after that date...

Thats no problem and I understand totally. Atpresent its still not confirmed if they are just doing the bugfixes or if they are actually going to put fatalities back also is it? I mean if they are not fixing fatalities then Im sure shawn wont mind you sending it back in a couple of weeks time just so I can sort out a fix in the meantime maybe.

Regards, Raz

finngamer

Big Bang Pro Wrestler
Razoola said:
Thats no problem and I understand totally. Atpresent its still not confirmed if they are just doing the bugfixes or if they are actually going to put fatalities back also is it? I mean if they are not fixing fatalities then Im sure shawn wont mind you sending it back in a couple of weeks time just so I can sort out a fix in the meantime maybe.

Regards, Raz

I think Shawn will send all carts at the same time. Every cart that hasn't arrived to him by a specific date (which will propably be announced monday) won't be sent forward to Japan.

I think NOTHING is 100 % confirmed even at this point, but it sure seems like that they'll be reinstating "half" of the fatalities. So the fatality animations would be there, but no cutting in half/decapitations.

It would be nice to have them, AND try to get the full fatalities working later. But it is a possibility that SNKP will use this opportunity to wipe out the data of the cuttings/decapitations. So they simply wouldn't be there to be found. In which case I naturally wouldn't send my cart back. But THEN AGAIN, the data could be missing from the AES cart in the first place!

This is damn confusing, and feels like a lottery. I think the only thing that'd put my mind to rest come monday, is an announcement, that everything will be reinstated. If not, I just wish that we can try everything on my copy before sending it back. That is, unless we'd get them working!

But just in case we'd run out of time; could we get together earlier? BTW, do you have an AES?

Last edited:

Razoola

Staff member
20 Year Member
Yeah I know what you mean, its gonna be hard to know what to do but if they put some back and remove others then that will be a hard thing to fix I think depending on how they do it. I sopose we need to wait an see whats announced on monday. I dont have an AES either.

Raz

finngamer

Big Bang Pro Wrestler
Razoola said:
Yeah I know what you mean, its gonna be hard to know what to do but if they put some back and remove others then that will be a hard thing to fix I think depending on how they do it. I sopose we need to wait an see whats announced on monday. I dont have an AES either.

Raz

Yeah, so just sending you the cart would be useless...

Were you tied up the NEXT weekend? Friday? Saturday? Sunday?

RockstarRunner

Wind Jammin' All Night",
We wait to see what will be announced today...

If it's only the semi-fix, which I figure it will likely be, my opinon would be to hold on to your untouched cart Finn, I put my money on all the relevant stuff being there, just the setting being locked... think about it, if that is the case, then Raz can likely give back all that was taken from the MVS original, but Playmore would likely make sure it could not be undone, second time around... anyways, just my thoughts.

Raz, I have desoldered by heating the pin close to the solder, and pulling the solder onto the iron... not that great, but it worked where I have used it.

Razoola

Staff member
20 Year Member
RockstarRunner said:
We wait to see what will be announced today...

If it's only the semi-fix, which I figure it will likely be, my opinon would be to hold on to your untouched cart Finn, I put my money on all the relevant stuff being there, just the setting being locked... think about it, if that is the case, then Raz can likely give back all that was taken from the MVS original, but Playmore would likely make sure it could not be undone, second time around... anyways, just my thoughts.

Raz, I have desoldered by heating the pin close to the solder, and pulling the solder onto the iron... not that great, but it worked where I have used it.

I have to agree about the cart situation, if they are only offering a partial fix then they will have to change the internals. It just depends how they do it. Either they could keep the setting locked (violence setting to 2) and then remove some checks to allow fatals back that they wish or they could unlock the setting (violence setting to 3) and then block some fatals they dont want to be in. If they do the latter then I dont think there will be any way for the unibios to fix it to get all moves back.

That method will work for soldering though Im not sure you can pull all the solder from the hole through the pcb which fits the socket pins back through. I'm sure we will manage it one way or another though.

Raz

finngamer

Big Bang Pro Wrestler
Yeah, I was thinking of not sending it, unless EVERYTHING is being put back. Such trouble AND the risk of losing the rest for good.

And yes, it seems that it's just a lockout. So you should be able to fix it, Raz? I need a no-bullshit assesment here. If so, how come Uni Bios 1.3 couldn't do the trick, and why should your next try be any different?

And even though I'm not looking forward to making profit with it, imagine the rise in value if only the unaltered copies would have the full fatalities to be unlocked. I mean, the NeoStore (and every other store for that matter) will send in their unsold carts (which is a lot) and many of those who have bought the game will send it in too. So we're looking at, what, 5-10 per cent of carts left untouched? And they'd be the only copies that matter to the hardcore.

Razoola

Staff member
20 Year Member
finngamer said:
Yeah, I was thinking of not sending it, unless EVERYTHING is being put back. Such trouble AND the risk of losing the rest for good.

And yes, it seems that it's just a lockout. So you should be able to fix it, Raz? I need a no-bullshit assesment here. If so, how come Uni Bios 1.3 couldn't do the trick, and why should your next try be any different?

And even though I'm not looking forward to making profit with it, imagine the rise in value if only the unaltered copies would have the full fatalities to be unlocked. I mean, the NeoStore (and every other store for that matter) will send in their unsold carts (which is a lot) and many of those who have bought the game will send it in too. So we're looking at, what, 5-10 per cent of carts left untouched? And they'd be the only copies that matter to the hardcore.

v1.3 cannot do it because its not programmed to. I need to add stuff to first allow the game to run in MVS mode and then on top of that add a cheat to unlock the fatalities. At the end of the day though I cannot give a 100% certinity that I can unlock the fatalities until I know the method they used to lock them. Actually unlocking the game to allow MVS mode is quite simple though as I suspect its the same as SS4 and SSV.

Raz

RockstarRunner

Wind Jammin' All Night",
Okay, so, lessened fatalaites it is... well, hefty decision for you to make Finn, I think letting Raz have a crack at it would be a neat thing, but I could understand if you don't want to take a chance.

Thinking about what you said, that the fatalaties aren't that common an occurence, myself I would let Raz have a go, I do think he can fix this without too much trouble.

Any chance you could get me a socket for my AES too Raz? I may very well want to put one in.

One last thing...

*THE 100 POST SHOCK*

finngamer

Big Bang Pro Wrestler
RockstarRunner said:
Okay, so, lessened fatalaites it is... well, hefty decision for you to make Finn, I think letting Raz have a crack at it would be a neat thing, but I could understand if you don't want to take a chance.

Thinking about what you said, that the fatalaties aren't that common an occurence, myself I would let Raz have a go, I do think he can fix this without too much trouble.

Any chance you could get me a socket for my AES too Raz? I may very well want to put one in.

One last thing...

*THE 100 POST SHOCK*

WOOOOT!!!11!!

Nah, I won't send it back for something else than FULL version. But hopefully this thing will get resolved well before the deadline for the return.

Status
Not open for further replies.