Status
Not open for further replies.

RockstarRunner

Wind Jammin' All Night",
NeoMeet_20060128.jpg

Akira_Tekagi

Kula's Candy
Razoola said:
What does the hardware error message actually say? IE what part of hardware is reporting the problem?
The error message reports the memory card as the faulty region and it doesn't show any numbers. I also checked the connector pins with a flashlight, but they seemed to be OK. I haven't had any problems with the memory card before and I left it at home when I was leaving to the meet.

Razoola

Divine Hand of the UniBIOS,
Staff member
20 Year Member
Akira_Tekagi said:
The error message reports the memory card as the faulty region and it doesn't show any numbers. I also checked the connector pins with a flashlight, but they seemed to be OK. I haven't had any problems with the memory card before and I left it at home when I was leaving to the meet.

I expect something is shorting somewhere probably caused while trying to remove the original bios. I can't do anything about it though without looking at the system. Please do the following.

- Start the system with the memory card inserted and skip the error.
- Go into the ingame menu.
- Highlight soft reset and hold Joystick Left and press B+D together.
- In the memory viewer scroll so location 800000 is at the top (use buttons a,b and d to change scroll speed).
- Once there take a picture of the screen and send it to me, hopefully this will help show what the problem is.

I'm beginning to wish I had simply left the unibios soldered on top of that debug bios. Do you have a scanner also?

Raz

Reiko

Mr. Big's Thug
Hahaha, I should've combed my hair before that picture, I look like röllipeikko :D :D

Akira_Tekagi

Kula's Candy
Razoola said:
I expect something is shorting somewhere probably caused while trying to remove the original bios. I can't do anything about it though without looking at the system. Please do the following.

- Start the system with the memory card inserted and skip the error.
- Go into the ingame menu.
- Highlight soft reset and hold Joystick Left and press B+D together.
- In the memory viewer scroll so location 800000 is at the top (use buttons a,b and d to change scroll speed).
- Once there take a picture of the screen and send it to me, hopefully this will help show what the problem is.
I don't have a camera, but I can write the displayed numbers on paper and send them to you in a private message.

Razoola said:
Do you have a scanner also?
Yes, but it's broken. What are you thinking of?

Razoola

Staff member
20 Year Member
Akira_Tekagi said:
I don't have a camera, but I can write the displayed numbers on paper and send them to you in a private message.

Yes, but it's broken. What are you thinking of?

Sending the numbers will be fine, I will need the top 6 lines from 800000 only. I was thinking maybe you can scan the PCB so I could look over it.

I'm trying to think the best way so I can look at it. Do you have to dome to Turku for any reason soon?

Raz

RockstarRunner

Wind Jammin' All Night",
:multi_co: :multi_co: :multi_co:
I have made the video, it's weighing in at 63.7MB at just over 10 minutes.
Anyone wanna host it?

Akira_Tekagi

Kula's Candy
RockstarRunner said:
:multi_co: :multi_co: :multi_co:
I have made the video, it's weighing in at 63.7MB at just over 10 minutes.
Anyone wanna host it?
I lost my university user rights last week, so I can't host anything at the moment. I'm looking forward to seeing the new meet video as well. :)

gryzor

n00b
eihän kellään sattus olemaan ylimääräsiä neo geo pocketin pelejä? metal slugit kiinnostas. ebayssähän nuita näyttää olevan, mutta jos löytys ihan kotimaasta niin ei tarvis lähtä merta edemmäs kalaan :)

RockstarRunner

Wind Jammin' All Night",
I will look into running a torrent, if no one has space to host it.
Will post back when I get it figured out, but in the mean time I am still open for offers of hosting.

Akira_Tekagi

Kula's Candy
Razoola said:
I was thinking maybe you can scan the PCB so I could look over it.
I don't have access to a working scanner at the moment.
Razoola said:
I'm trying to think the best way so I can look at it. Do you have to come to Turku for any reason soon?
No, but I think I can manage without the memory card until the next meet. I'm annoyed by the fact that I can't use it, but it's not that essential for me.

Razoola

Staff member
20 Year Member
Akira_Tekagi said:
I don't have access to a working scanner at the moment.

No, but I think I can manage without the memory card until the next meet. I'm annoyed by the fact that I can't use it, but it's not that essential for me.

Are you going to write down and send the numbers I asked for?

Raz

TaiDOmi

Mr. Big's Thug
The video is great! Even better and merrier than the previous one.. I absolutely love your comments about the golf game... :kekeke:

aria

Former Moderator
To encourage use of the new forum, I am closing this thread (I've learned this lesson from the Italian forum).

Status
Not open for further replies.