Suomalainen thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

finngamer

Big Bang Pro Wrestler
You guessed right! I don't see why people complain about MS 4. It's awesome and varied. So what if most of it is copy and paste. If it's done well...

Razoola

Divine Hand of the UniBIOS,
Staff member
20 Year Member
I may be able to make the 19th of June though I can't garantee it yet. Is there any more details on place and time etc yet?

Raz

finngamer

Big Bang Pro Wrestler
The place is Espoo, and the time is the whole day (and long into the night)

Tell us about you. What Neo-Games you own? What other consoles you own?

Oh, I just read the Nintendo E3 news. I nearly fainted. Nintendo has rocked the gaming world.

RockstarRunner

Wind Jammin' All Night",
Hey!
It'd be neat if you could make it Razoola, it's looking like it'll be the first N-G.com meet in Finland :glee:

Yep, I shat my pants when I saw the Zelda vid :buttrock:

Not sure about DS though, I mean it IS a kewl product, but the 3D doesn't look that great from the screen shots... and you know what's going to happen in the end -> Sony will 0\/\/n :angry: it's kinda sad. This could be a looong discussion point...

I will probably get KoF '03 on friday, but my Neo still hasn't been soldered, my Shock Troopers remains unplayed... I think I wanna cry :crying:

Finngamer, could you let me know your addy, so I can stick them coordinated into reittiopas!

- RR

finngamer

Big Bang Pro Wrestler
Thanks for the new avatar, Tony N. :D

I edited it from the picture you posted.

finngamer

Big Bang Pro Wrestler
My address is:

Sokinsuontie 3 C 63
02760 Espoo

I feel the possibilities of DS are endless. Even though the graphics aren't up to par with, say GC, it's still better than the N64. That Metroid DS looks great, IMO, it has just lost some light sourcing, etc. when compared to the GC version.

The biggest asset of DS is GBA compatibility. You can't argue with that. Also important is the 100$ cheaper price tag than the PSP's. But I have no delusions, that PSP won't sell. But the DS SHOULD far outsell it.

The touch screen is massively innovative. You can use it to draw, it can act as menus, or as an another control method. Like i said on the E3 thread here; That's true analogue control if there ever was any.

Last edited:

RockstarRunner

Wind Jammin' All Night",
:multi_co: YAY!! My Neo is all done !!! :multi_co:

The RGB bypass mod was kinda tricky to do, soldering that is, as the pins are close together, but the results!!! Goodbye vertical stripes !!! I'm happy :D

Tony_N

Astra Superstar
RockstarRunner said:
:multi_co: YAY!! My Neo is all done !!! :multi_co:

The RGB bypass mod was kinda tricky to do, soldering that is, as the pins are close together, but the results!!! Goodbye vertical stripes !!! I'm happy :D

So the RGB quality improves greatly?

Damn, I'm too scared to start soldering the insides of my Neo.. the results could be :oh_no:

shir0

Later, Gumm0
HELLO THERE - What the hell is Suomalainen and why does it sound like
a perscription drug?

Later

shir0

finngamer

Big Bang Pro Wrestler
Suomalainen thread means FINNISH thread. Just in case you don't know, Finland is in northern Europe.

shir0

Later, Gumm0
I know where Finland is, but how do you pronounce Suomalainen?

Later

shir0

finngamer

Big Bang Pro Wrestler
Hmm. That's a toughie. How to tell you? I don't know the official ways to write pronounciation.

Can RockstarRunner or Razoola help? Or Tony or Viaton?

How would you, ShirO, pronounce it? Write it here, and I'll try to correct you.

shir0

Later, Gumm0
Uh, that's why I asked you - but here it goes:

Suomalainen - Suh-o mal a nin

Maybe?

Later

shir0

finngamer

Big Bang Pro Wrestler
shir0 said:
Suomalainen - Suh-o mal a nin

I think it's pretty much how it is spelled. So no "h" there, but the end is pronounced "lie-nen" (as in: "I LIEd to you)

Suo-ma-lie-nen

Yes, pronounce that how you would normally, and that's pretty close to the truth

Razoola

Divine Hand of the UniBIOS,
Staff member
20 Year Member
I sopose I better explain first the Finnish People do not refer to their home country as Finland, to them (and probably Swedish) its known as Suomi. As I can't speak Finnish myself I pronounce these words as follows.

Suomi = Saw-me = Finland

Suomalainen = Saw-ma-lie-nen = Of Finnish origin

This is as close I can get if your talking UK english dialect.

Raz

finngamer

Big Bang Pro Wrestler
Yes, PERKELE is a traditional curse word. But you can also use saatana or helvetti. They all refer to satan, devil, hell, etc.

Swedes call our country Finland, too. Or is it Finnland, with two n's?

But the pronounciation that Razoola gave, the beginning isn't accurate. It isn't SAW [so:], you have to put the "u" in there.

SuAW-ma-lie-nen

Last edited:

RockstarRunner

Wind Jammin' All Night",
-> Tony N: Yep, for a high serial Neo using RGB it's a huge difference in quality, totally clean picture, rich colours, sharp image.
I will post a guide/write up on this in the tech support forum soon, but one thing, if you are not good at soldering, and don't have a steady hand, find someone who is/does.

Suomalainen ->
'Sue' as in the name
'O' from Orochi ;)
'ma' as in the name Marge
'lie' as tell a lie
'nen' ... as in, errr NEN ;)

pretty close, how about that ??? It's tricky to teach an english speaking person this without them hearing it, as different english dialects will affect how you pronounce certain words...

More expletives huh? How about my wife's favourite 'something's gone wrong in the kitchen' combo -> Perkele Paska Vittu :loco:

Last edited:

shir0

Later, Gumm0
What in the hell.

I ask for hardcore cursing and I get something about demons and
kitchens.

Perhaps I should be more specific...

How about:

Fuck you and fuck the horse you rode in on.

Thanks for being an asshole.

STFU, Noob.

Something I can use to insult Scanline with. :annoyed:

:D

I dunno, cursing in Finnish would be cool.

Later

shir0

viaton

Neo Geo Cup '98
ja postatkaa nyt perkele että mennään ruattalaisten threadin ohi postauksien määrässä! :lol:

finngamer

Big Bang Pro Wrestler
Joo, mäkin katoin, että kyllä noi hurrit ohitetaan ihan kohta. :cool:

Oh, RR and Razoola, were just talking about posting more frequently, so that our thread will surpass the Swedish thread, in terms of replies. It's every Finns duty to love to hate the Swedes. :D

finngamer

Big Bang Pro Wrestler
shir0 said:
I ask for hardcore cursing and I get something about demons and
kitchens..

Well, the devil and hell stuff is just traditional Finnish cursing. The rest is basically human anatomy. (The equivalent of FUCK is VITTU, though it is just a dirtier version of pussy. So not a curse word as such in other countries, but here it's propably the most crude and popular curse word. FUCK YOU would be translated as HAISTA VITTU, which means "smell pussy" or "go smell pussy". Although it may seem like a nice invitation to you, it is harsh language here.)

shir0 said:
Fuck you and fuck the horse you rode in on..

Haista vittu ja hevosesi myös.

shir0 said:
Thanks for being an asshole..

Kiitos kun olet persereikä.

shir0 said:
STFU, Noob.

Turpa kiinni, tulokas. ("tulokas" is rookie. Noob is harder to translate)

But that's enough of that. I don't want to scare some Finnish noobs away by having dozens of dirty posts here.

Status
Not open for further replies.