Getting back into Slug3, hardcore!

kernow

The Goob Hunter
20 Year Member
one credit, 3 lives, mvs level (4), no vulcan fix, no substituting AB slug escape for another button.

whats your score?

how far do you get?

Kiel

All About Shooters Mod., If you fuck with me, I'll
20 Year Member
no vulcan fix, no substituting AB slug escape for another button.

?, Please clairify these for me.

Oh, and I'm in.

kernow

The Goob Hunter
20 Year Member
when playing on homecart, you have the option of changing the AB for escaping from a slug - into D, for example,

this means you get rid of the mistakes you'd usually get by pressing AB together, and it makes it easier to get out of a slug.

the vulcan fix option 'sticks' the cannons on your slug at whatever angle they are at when you hold the button down, once again, it makes it very advantageous with the tank slug, as you can stick the cannons, keep firing by holding down the button, yet move the slug around too, it helps massively on the helicopter and submarine slugs too.

so .. we don't use those, they wouldn't be on a cab if you walked into an arcade and saw slug there, and you wanted to show off all hardcore like ...

Kiel

20 Year Member
I never even knew you could do that shit in the first place. WTF?

Any restrictions on which paths we can take? Cause I'm not about to do the iceman cave. I suck at that part.

kernow

The Goob Hunter
20 Year Member
no restrictions on what route you take.

the Iceman cave is annoying, but you might need to do it to get a decent score, I'm practising a lot on that section now.

those fucking yeti guys take too many hits with the pistol (about 12 each) and they always walk doubled up which means a stupid 24ish hits to kill em, coupled with all the snow which freezes you, getting out of the ice cave with all the pows, jewels, etc, is damn hard.

Kiel

20 Year Member
After I posted that I thought about the score part.

Edit: people should take pics if they can.

kernow

The Goob Hunter
20 Year Member
yeah, but honour is good, as long as you state which system you're playing on and not ROMS

The_Chosen_One

Buriki One Master
498760, my initial try. I'm not a great slug player but always fun to get better. I died in the ice cave. Whiffed the first level too I died once so I didn't get all the hostages and I lost the tank.

The_Chosen_One

Buriki One Master
Okay, just got back into my groove a little better. Aced the first stage perfect but still got smoked in the ice cave. New score is

Obviously much better. And Kern I already know your score :) It will take me quite a while to beat that.

kernow

The Goob Hunter
20 Year Member
you know it? dang

try the 'other challenges'

Freelancer

Banned
Short of getting a UNIBIOS, is there any way to do the vulcan fix or remapping of the buttons for the slug escape on the MVS version? Perhaps something to do with the dip switches?

kernow

The Goob Hunter
20 Year Member
Freelancer said:
Short of getting a UNIBIOS, is there any way to do the vulcan fix or remapping of the buttons for the slug escape on the MVS version? Perhaps something to do with the dip switches?

no.

kernow

The Goob Hunter
20 Year Member
I hope you all know "down +C" when in some slugs, allows you to throw a grenade by hand.

*shakes head*

Freelancer

Banned
kernow said:
I hope you all know "down +C" when in some slugs, allows you to throw a grenade by hand.

*shakes head*

Yep, that trick goes back all the way to Metal Slug 1. More advantageous to kill the first and third bosses using that method.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
1224560 on my 4 slot cab :)

First try in a while and I only know hidden item stuff from Mission 1.

Magnaflux

Onigami Isle Castaway
20 Year Member
The_Chosen_One said:
Okay, just got back into my groove a little better. Aced the first stage perfect but still got smoked in the ice cave. New score is

Obviously much better. And Kern I already know your score :) It will take me quite a while to beat that.

I am so going to smoke your ass the next chance I get.

It'll be rb2 terry all over again.

Kid Aphex

samus' love slave,
Tonite I'll be joining the fray, after not playing the game in a cool 4 months.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
buttasuperb said:

I'm not the greatest at the slugs. Hopefully I can improve that to over a mil.

Check out kern's sig you should be able to get almost 800k on the first mission alone :)