"Consolesque" Hyper 64? *WARNING* May be retarded...

Spoonman

Enemy Chaser
Gentlemen...

As soon as I somehow arrange for a credit card or score another job to replace the money I would spend...plans on buying the HNG 64 setup will be underway...

I have a longterm vision of how I would like to set this bitch up....

So boys...tell me if this vision is possible:

First off, get my hands on a nice 30+ inch arcade monitor....and the rest...is where you guys help my sad n00b ass out....

Secondly, I'd like to create a nice clean connection from the HNG 64 mobo to the monitor...(if this could be done...would Rev1 or 2 really matter?)

Furthermore...would there be a somewhat compact peripheral of some sort that would allow me to use, say....a neo joystick with all this?

Finally Id like to throw all this shit into a rather neat package strap some nice big speakers and enjoy...

Am I stupid to think this is possible? Advise me plz.

I had the idea for quite some time...but this auction has reinforced my zeal kinda: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3083912120&category=187

Thnx in advance, lads.

Spoonman said:

Secondly, I'd like to create a nice clean connection from the HNG 64 mobo to the monitor...(if this could be done...would Rev1 or 2 really matter?)

It depends, if you are installing it in a cab, Rev 1 will be OK.
For a supergun, rev2 will be alot easier to install.

Am I stupid to think this is possible?

No.

I had the idea for quite some time...but this auction has reinforced my zeal kinda: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3083912120&category=187

Thnx in advance, lads.

The seller is selling a super gun along the Killer Instinct kit.

If you need a super gun you can either build one or buy one.
If you are planning to build one, check the super gun repository.
If you are planing to buy one, try MAS Systems. And they also have nice quality NEO style joysticks.

Hope this helps.

Charles

Spoonman

Enemy Chaser
Thanks for the response...I sort of figured that the main point of a supergun was to convert the video....I'm basically thinking of something with some modded connections that is more or less...a torn down cab custom built into an arcade "shrine"....with the possibility of using other mobos in the future...

Thanks again bro :buttrock:

Pingu

Hardened Shock Trooper
Well if your going RGB you only need the jamma connector, 2 speakers, one controller with at least 5 buttons a pc power suply some wire, shrink tube, a soldering iron and some tin. A pair of cutters would come in handy too. You can make the stuff very compact.

chris1

POCKETBIKE NUT,
Well..I really have nothing to add..

But if you decide to go with a Revision 1..
Let me know,I have a few left..

That would take care of the board needed..
Something less to have to look for..

I have one listed on Ebay now..

Last edited:

slerch666

updyke,
SuperGoose I believe has modded/can mod HNG64 to "consolize" them. Maybe he can hook you up, or get you started? Last time I PMed him he was pretty busy with life, but you never know.

Spoonman

Enemy Chaser
chris1 said:
Well..I really have nothing to add..

But if you decide to go with a Revision 1..
Let me know,I have a few left..

That would take care of the board needed..
Something less to have to look for..

I have one listed on Ebay now..

If Ill be unable to score a mobo +4 game set Ill take anything hyper related off your hands if you have anything lying around by the time I throw together some scratch....

Supergoose said something about being able to mod some joysticks for a reasonable price....I'd jump that hurdle when I get to it though....