NG.com FAQ Contest – Inquire within

NeoLord

Neo-Geo FAQs Editor
NG.com FAQ Contest

We want you – yes, the populous of ng.com – to participate in the first-ever FAQ contest where you can win prizes for your efforts. The rules are quite simple:

You will select one game from a list of three and write a FAQ containing whatever info you choose. The FAQ itself doesn’t have to follow any specific guidelines as long as it contains information that other gamers find useful.

For example: instead of writing a full-blown move list, you can write a FAQ containing useful tidbits like combos, strategies, and secret characters. We will be looking for content (is it informative?), creativity (does it entertain as well as inform?) and overall execution (are the sections in your FAQ easy to find?). As for the rest – well, we’re leaving the ball in your court.

You must choose one of the following games as the subject matter of your FAQ:

Samurai Shodown 5
SNK Vs. Capcom
Metal Slug 5.

Remember: we’re looking for content and creativity.

All right, here comes the exciting part! Yes, you guessed it right -- we’re moving on to the prizes.

Prizes:

1st Place: MVS Kit / AES cart – The winner can choose one of the following in either MVS or AES format:

AES:
SNK Vs. Capcom
Matrimelee
KOF2K2

MVS:
SNK Vs. Capcom
Matrimelee
KOF2K2
Metal Slug 5
Samurai Shodown 5
=========

2nd Prize: The winner can choose one of the following:

(AES format only): Ghost Pilots, Alpha Mission II, Sengoku
(MVS format only): Super Dodge ball
=========

3rd prize: The winner can choose one of the following:

(AES format only): Magician Lord, Nam 1975
(MVS format only): Rage of the Dragons
=========

The deadline for the contest is June 28th, 2004. All submissions must be e-mailed to neolord@neo-geo.com. Inquires about the contest can be sent to the aforementioned e-mail address.

A big thanks to Shawn at the NeoStore for donating the prizes and covering shipping charges…

tsukaesugi

Holy shit, it's a ninja!,
I recind my initial skepticism, this is a great idea, and those are great prizes.

Good work NeoLord, and mad props to Shawn for being so generous.

Giby

Disciple Of Orochi
I might do something for SvC or MS5, that 2k2 home cart is very tempting.

Cranky

Dodgeball Yakuza
neolord, you want a specific character guide or a full character guide?

SonGohan

Made of Wood
20 Year Member
Soley text based, or can the layout include images, html, etc..?

beelzebubble

Knar Sdrawkcab, !t00w
15 Year Member
i have character strats done for basara (ss5), choi (could be used for svc) and systems faq for rb2.

if anyone is interested in adopting the formats or incorporating the info then they are welcome to do so, pm me..

BryLmoo

AES Contact Cleaner, Extraordinaire!!!,
20 Year Member
One SNKvs.Capcom FAQ commin up!

NeoBaal

n00b
Not that I´m complaining, but are those carts brand new (AES games sealed, and MVS carts complete/new kits)?

Great contest, by the way. I´m surely giving it a shot. I might start with SvC.

NeoLord

Neo-Geo FAQs Editor
NeoBaal said:
Not that I´m complaining, but are those carts brand new (AES games sealed, and MVS carts complete/new kits)?

You have no reason to be concerned; the home carts and MVS kits on offer will be brand-new -- we will not be offering used merchandise as prizes for the contest.

Setsuna1982 said:
a "X-files of Metal Slug 5" can play too?

Sure, why not! It sounds like it would make for an interesting read.

SonGohan said:
Soley text based, or can the layout include images, html, etc..?

Read below:
We will be looking for content (is it informative?), creativity (does it entertain as well as inform?) and overall execution (are the sections in your FAQ easy to find?). As for the rest – well, we’re leaving the ball in your court.

Anything goes as long as the content is useful to all those who read it. :)

Last edited:

Big Shady

Kyukyogenryu Black Belt
15 Year Member
I was already thinking about writting up an SvCC FAQ and this now fits nicely into my free time this spring break. I have more motivation to write a kickin' FAQ :buttrock:

Big Shady

Kyukyogenryu Black Belt
15 Year Member
Kind of a dumb question maybe, but are the prizes going to be all ENG carts or will we have a choice of JPN for some of them.

Secondly, once I submit my FAQ, which will be soon, will it be posted before the June 28th deadline, cause I would like to see it up and hopefully help some people.

Thirdly, who is judging this contest?

EDIT: Lastly, can you make more than one submittal?

Thank you, that is all :)

Last edited:

rebellion1

Mr. Big's Thug
the FAQ i submitted for SvC wasn't really helpful , but i think some people might get a kick out of it and I'd like to see what people would say about it so i'd be game for posting it before the deadline.

BUT NO ONE BETTER STEAL MY IDEA :D

lol

NeoLord

Neo-Geo FAQs Editor
Big Shady said:
Kind of a dumb question maybe, but are the prizes going to be all ENG carts or will we have a choice of JPN for some of them.

It really depends on the cart you choose as your prize. The MVS kits for 1st place will be English stock only, but the home carts can be either English or Japanese. We're offering (English) NOS for 2nd and 3rd place with no Japanese equivalents available to the winner. We really tried to keep both English and Japanese collectors / gamers in mind while choosing each prize, but alas – we did what we could to make it appealing to everyone.

Secondly, once I submit my FAQ, which will be soon, will it be posted before the June 28th deadline, cause I would like to see it up and hopefully help some people.

We haven't really decided; it may not happen until after the deadline.

Thirdly, who is judging this contest?

We may use a voting system to determine the winners, but nothing has been decided yet.

EDIT: Lastly, can you make more than one submittal?

Thank you, that is all :)

My bad for not mentioning this in my initial post, but you’re only allowed to have one submission.

Last edited: