2 KOF "96" teams sketches and photo.

GunstarHeroblack

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
One of these pics I posted in a thread in here a while ago, most people couldnt see it - it was then on GEOcites:(.... the picture wasnt clear enough , I never got a good enough picture of this work with the lack of a panaoramic camera- its still a shit Picture, and dosn't do the painting justice. When KOF 96 was released Years ago- I was blown away by the artwork and Game, Chizuru's stage was just phenomenal- so I thought of making a Full Roster painting - every team had a seperate sketch and placed them where I thought it would suit- to make it look "balanced"

This thing at the time took me almost 2 years (3ft x 14ft long roughly), with the new team additions each year I edited them, extended the painting-with "97'outlaw, and the Orochi team" having space at the end I threw in an " Snk TODAY" TV Booth...- 1994 -1997 team painting? unfortunately I couldnt get everyone in there I eventually abandoned it and started Art school - I seriously needed to get some better drawing skills...... (im never satisfied with my work anyways), a harsh learing process nonetheless.:rolleyes:

correcting the Yagami symbol on his back in the painted version.....lol

gunstarheroBLACK-zfatalfuryand96teamz.jpg

gunstarheroBLACK-kofpainting22a.JPG

Last edited:

@M

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy,
20 Year Member
I remember the other thread you had for this, and I was one of those that complained I couldn't really see too much.

You've got some problems with anatomy, mainly proportions. Looking at the close-ups of your figures, I'd say you have a tendency to make chests too wide and hands and too small amongst other things.

The figures have a "pasted on" feel to them in the larger portrait.

The size and scope of the work in impressive, and as a whole it comes off looking pretty good, but on closer inspection the flaws definitely start to show.