Buzzing sound on AES headphone jack?

daybona

Juz,
While using headphones, I am getting a rather noticable buzzing sound in the background of all my games.

I have used several headphones to try and alieviate this problem however, the buzzing is present in all of them.

My system was Mega Modded by Kenny Boy and sounds fine over a normal stereo system.

My TV is a 32 inch quasar and my neo is sitting several inches below it on a TV stand. I notice the buzzing fluctuates when the image on screen changes.

I am guessing this problem has something to do with my monitor, however I was curious to know if any of you have encounted this problem as well.

Any suggestions as to how to fix this problem? Thanks.

ttooddddyy

PNG FTW,
1. Has the buzz always been present, or has it just started (or have you recently connected the headphones for the first time and discovered this) ?

2.What happens when you disconnect the AV / s-vid leads ?

daybona

Juz,
I just noticed the buzzing when I used new headphones.

It seems, the higher quality the headphones, the higher and more noticable the buzz is.

No offense to Kenny Boy, but I don't recall the buzz being present prior to my system being mega modded.

I tried starting the system up with the stereo plugs unplugged and the buzzing is still present. I did not try listening to it with the s-video plug unplugged.

One thing that I did find to work was connecting high quality (sony studio monitor big kind don't remember the model #) to the Neo via a low quality (kinyo) headphone extension cord.

I get the feeling that the headphones I was using are too high fidelity and they are just picking up the imperfections of an analog sound source. Using a low quality cable cancels out all the extra noise...I guess.

Thanks for all the help, and though I seem to have solved my problem (mostly), I would still appreciate all of your interpretations of what the problem could be.

daybona

Juz,
I was thinking that my problem maybe due to a ground loop problem.

I tried wiring everything to the same outlet but I still get the hum.

My next step is to try a monster powerbar.

ttooddddyy

PNG FTW,
What happens if you ground the screen of the RCA outs of the monitor, to a real eart point?